Wiki Posts
Search

Richey Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default dennis ritchey

what car r u runnin for the nats? i have an impulse, i want 2 know
what gearing thier using at tri-state track.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rtu .12

Motorman ,What plug do you recommend for your motors?
Old 06-18-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Motorman you will be running your Associated. Ha Ha. Trust me. I will be leaving my 55 oz car home and bringing the 60 oz car. Damn rule changes! I will see ya Tuesday evening at the track so I can drive your car a couple of laps. Can't wait! Ritchey Motors Rule! Did you get any decals yet? painted 4 bodies last night and will be shipping my stuff out on Thursday. See ya later.
Brad!
Old 06-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

never mind, didn't see the earlier post.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Trinity/Rossi Sirio .12 and Trinity/Rossi Pixie-Black .12

I have a question for Dennis.

Will you be modifying the new Trinity/Sirio .12 engine? What about the new Trinity/Rossi Pixie-Black .12 engine? The Pixie-Black, according to Trinity, has a claimed HP output of 1.8! How true that is I don't know, but if it is true I would sure like it with the Richey mods.

What do you think of these two new engines? Have you had a chance to see them in person?

Also what is the difference between the two "Rossi" engine manufacturers? They both have two different owners, are they the same company? Also, what has happened to NovaRossi? Did one of these companies change their name?

Maybe you can give me a ballpark figure of when you will have any available. I know its kind of early to be asking this, but I am looking to buy a modified engine and looking for the best model and make (engine) available.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 06-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

If i'm not mistaken sirio was the first engine manufacturer to use a 3 needle carb.. beyond that i don't really know =)
Old 06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Dennis

I got the 3 engines. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

3 engines!
Old 06-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Distroey
3 engines!
Don't . Send an engine to Motorman and you can get one too. If you did, I'm sure he's working or will work on it soon.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Trinity/Rossi Sirio .12 and Trinity/Rossi Pixie-Black .12

Originally posted by racer rich

Will you be modifying the new Trinity/Sirio .12 engine? What about the new Trinity/Rossi Pixie-Black .12 engine? The Pixie-Black, according to Trinity, has a claimed HP output of 1.8! How true that is I don't know, but if it is true I would sure like it with the Richey mods.

What do you think of these two new engines? Have you had a chance to see them in person?

Also what is the difference between the two "Rossi" engine manufacturers? They both have two different owners, are they the same company? Also, what has happened to NovaRossi? Did one of these companies change their name?

Maybe you can give me a ballpark figure of when you will have any available. I know its kind of early to be asking this, but I am looking to buy a modified engine and looking for the best model and make (engine) available.

Thanks,

Rich
well i think this is how it went. the present Owner of novarossi and andre rossi were business partners then they split up and went their seprate directions novarossi sticking with cars and rossi with boats,
1.8 hp + motor man RTU package sounds like that engine would just be plain evil. Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight
Old 06-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

but i want 1 also
Old 06-19-2002, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Trinity/Rossi Sirio .12 and Trinity/Rossi Pixie-Black .12

Originally posted by racer rich

Thanks,

Rich
i've only been out of the hobby for 6 months and now there talking about 1.8hp .12 motors either a lot of bull**** or these engines have come a long way in a short time.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

We had both Rossi and NovaRossi engines for our 3.5 cc classes when I ran boats. I still have mine.

Qustion for Dennis. The testing done by the group I associated with during my boating days said there wasn't any difference between the 3 port induction system and the multiple port induction we see in many of the modified engines. What is your take on the comparison?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.