Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pit Bags

Are these good pit bags

i was thinking about getting them
Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

need to look at the boxes. they look like the old style ones, where you have to take the whole box out to acess the box. no good.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are looking for a new pit bag, be sure to check out the ones by team magic - they are by far the nicest, and well constructed, with corrogated plastic rather than cardboard boxes.I have the 1/8th scale version and love it, and they just came out with the 1/10th scale version. They are expensive at about $150 or so, but well worth it. They are somewhat hard to find as well, but here's a link for one that is in stock, free shipping. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6885
Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They're expensive, but the Team Magic F8 bag is the Holy Grail all of pit bags. There's nothing more convenient, durable, and just perfect for what we do.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
They're expensive, but the Team Magic F8 bag is the Holy Grail all of pit bags. There's nothing more convenient, durable, and just perfect for what we do.
I agree with Jon, the F8 bag is the s***

I do have one complaint about the F8 bag; the carry strap broke within 4 months of use. I was able to re-attach the strap, but I have had other bags that last longer in this area.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Have you shiped yours through on an airline as yet? IF so, how did it hold up. I'm planning on flying to CA next month (San Diego as a matter of fact) and am debating whether to put my bag through. I know one guy who bought one of the bags, and first time he used it the airline trashed it. My concern with airline baggage handlers might be the T handle that sticks out just a tad.

If I don't ship it through, then it will be the less convienent but sturdy plastic storage box I picked up from The Container Store - no compartments, no tool caddy, etc, but it looks to be pretty bulletproof.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I haven't flown with mine yet. Don't know that I ever would. I've seen so many peoples luggage get lost (mine included) I'd probably just ship all my race stuff to any race. Not only that but I'd imagine explaining chargers and batteries and radios to airport security is probably more of a pain than I have patience for.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

In the past going down to SoCal I have let it ride on the plane. Usually I get a Rubbermaid tote and let it ride in there. With the increased security and no locks now, I added some extra cardboard to support the sides and had no issues without the Rubbermaid tote.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys... Im thinking about getting a new Pitbag as well... because my old one isn't really convienient... like one said need to take out the entire box to get full access.

I have been looking at the TM one for ages.. but its the cost thats stopping me... would a 1/10 one be enough ? or should i get a 1/8 buggy one? As i have got a lot of stuff to carry with me to the races.... Any of you got any picture of the TM pitbag in action..? as in how much stuff they can carry etc etc... Cheers guys!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DORIFT
I have been looking at the TM one for ages.. but its the cost thats stopping me... would a 1/10 one be enough ? or should i get a 1/8 buggy one? As i have got a lot of stuff to carry with me to the races.... Any of you got any picture of the TM pitbag in action..? as in how much stuff they can carry etc etc... Cheers guys!
I am able to put everything but my car, controller, and Corally motor/battery case in it. Tools and misc. stuff goes up top, and there is space under the tool caddy for pit towel, power strip, and several sets of tires. The side pockets can hold 3 cans of spray, and rear pocket can hold pit boards and Hudy system.
Attached Thumbnails Pit Bags-f8.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys... Im thinking about getting a new Pitbag as well... because my old one isn't really convienient... like one said need to take out the entire box to get full access.

you live in the USA? look on ebay. debbies rc has them for $160 or so delivered. thats very cheap
Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FTNTC3
I am able to put everything but my car, controller, and Corally motor/battery case in it. Tools and misc. stuff goes up top, and there is space under the tool caddy for pit towel, power strip, and several sets of tires. The side pockets can hold 3 cans of spray, and rear pocket can hold pit boards and Hudy system.
FTNTC3: Thanks for the pics! Looks like a very sweet bag, I understand that you can't put your car in it as i normally hand carry my car anyway so thats not a concern. I assume by the pic it is a 1/8 Buggy one?? If I remembered correctly, there should be a place to hold the tools as well? (tools as socket sets, allen keys etc etc...)

Berkky: I don't live in US... I live in Asia.. it will be good if the online store can provide free shipping to where I live as its such a bulky item.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

FTNTC3: Thanks for the pics! Looks like a very sweet bag, I understand that you can't put your car in it as i normally hand carry my car anyway so thats not a concern. I assume by the pic it is a 1/8 Buggy one?? If I remembered correctly, there should be a place to hold the tools as well? (tools as socket sets, allen keys etc etc...)
It's the F8 bag - http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...9220&pageNum=1. The tool caddy is on top, the front flap is just covering it in the picture.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cheers!

I will be ordering one very soon! Just want to check with my local suppliers first!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've travelled with the Team Magic F8 bag, and it was absolutley no hassle at all. No damage to anything, easy to manouvere, and it fit 85% of my total crap in it.

Highly recommended, even if you are just taking it locally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.