Tekin Brushless testing!

Tekin Brushless testing!

Old 06-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Team Tekin

Talking Tekin Brushless testing!

Hey guys,

Got back from Tekin HQ after testing the new brushless system. All I can say is

Wow

I've run the other brushless systems on the market (novak,Lrp) and can say this is by far the smoothest system I've run. The motor we tested were comparable to a 12x2 all the way down to what I would compare to a 6x1!! We were estimating an offroad truck going over 60mph! It was a AE truck geared 87/18 and could lift the front wheels at any speed including a 40+ wheel stand! I couldn't get over the driveability of this new system. The brakes felt fantastic nice and linear. I was running well over 15 minutes without power loss. I can't wait to tell more but can't at this time. Specifics are still not allowed but I had to at least share the performance experience. It will be worth the wait, trust me.

And for those wondering a Roar legal version may be on the "to do" list...

Last edited by Randy Pike; 09-10-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

so its sensorless I take it?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my buddy dave (team tekin driver) has a rave or rage 6.8 in his mini holly cow that little thing halls.........so if the 10thscale is anything like the mini look out novak
Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Team Tekin

I can't devolge sensor/sensorless right now. All I CAN say is that it was the smoothest one I've tested. We were testing them back to back and trust me when I say this was the smoothest one. The testing was blind for the most part, however we did try some gearing changes based off of which system we used...I did finally get to try the motors when I knew what was in the car that way I could "choose" the best motor for the veh/car.

There's just something going on inside the Tekin box that must be different...it's just plain smoother...
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any ideas on the price? if anyone somehow made brushless systems (motor and esc) for under 100$... they would make such a fortune, from such a great price...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

i assume its sensorless. You said it wasn't roar legal and thats the only reason I could think that it wouldnt be legal.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Problem is sensorless isn't smooth at all, I have one in my Mini. Sensored is the only way to go.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Can't wait

I am glad there 're a new option available ( soon I hope ). My GTBs keep breaking down and I am ready to try other systems. I have a 5.5 at Novak waiting for parts and this must be the third time I sent it back. Don't want to try LRP because of their interpretation of "limitted-lifetime-warranty".

A friend has the M.Troniks setup in his T4 and it seemed very smooth. Almost bought that system while waiting for my 5.5 to be repaired. Went back to a brushed system on my new XXXcr for now.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a GTB 6.5 in my T4. Its super smooth and I get crazy power. But, this new Tekin sounds promising.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

remember guys..mamba is coming out iwth a 1/10th series too...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by binaryterror
Problem is sensorless isn't smooth at all, I have one in my Mini. Sensored is the only way to go.
I'm running a hacker BL system in my evader and that's exceptionally smooth. I overgeared the be-jesus out of it for a while and still no cogging at all.
I've been very happy with it. The mamba on the other hand is sensorless but cogs like a absolute Mofo.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Team Tekin

Ya never know if it's gonna be one or the other(sensored/sensorless). I can't say. I can say that this system was butter smooth. There was NO cogging. This by far was the most "brushed" feeling brushless system I've ever tried. I've tried quite a few of them. I still feel that the LRP was the worst. Maybe the team guys are running something different...I did notice that very few run it in offroad.

I wish I could say more....but if I did I'm sure I would be hung and quartered.

The one thing that you can be certain of is that Tekin will do brushless better than the next guy. Programming features alone Tekin's Mini Rage is a hands down winner...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

I have really enjoyed electric racing again ever since brushless has been made legal for mod racing. It really helps out all the racers that don't want to buy top of the line batts. and all the tuning and maintenance equipment associated with brushed motors. I currently own 3 GTBs (6.5 in my truck and 2WD buggy and a 5.5 in my 4WD). They have worked flawlessly for me so far and everyone that has driven my cars have told me the systems feel just like a brushed setup. I know that there is a lot of room for improvement though as the GTB and Sphere Comp. from LRP are just scratching the surface of the 'high' performance realm of r/c racing equipment. I know Tekin makes some of the best racing equipment out there and I'm very interested in seeing what they come up with. I do agree however that if they go the route of un-sensored, I'll have to wait and see if it is capable of staying smooth without any cogging. I've seen the mamba systems on a track in the 1/18 scale cars and I'm not too impressed. They cogged around every corner. I'll wait some others to be the test subjects first, then I'll consider. For right now, the Novak system works great.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

I disagree...the Mamba USB link makes programming easier as well as more options since Mamba can keep releasing updated files.

If Tekin were smart, they too would include a way to update and program online. That would put it above a Novak or LRP hands down.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Amen...having USB programming would kick ass.

Castle can do it for $20 extra on a $125 1/18th setup, I see no reason why it can't be done on a 1/10th scale.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.