Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Im a Begginer Help me choose a RC Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

well, here you go my friend! better take it before someone else does!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hopped-up-Nitro-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where can you get the XXXNT for $269?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok guys i went to two hobby shop today and in both of them the guys there told me to get the Jato. they said its a preatty good stadium car and i won't need any upgrate to it for a bit of time. I asked them about Jato supplies and they showed me a bunch of stuff so they said they carry lot of jato stuff. I finally got the Jato. well i end up paying $420.00 for the car and the start kit. i went to the park to run it for the first time. the guy at the store told me i had to follow some information about running the car for first time. till i empty the gas tank 5 time after that he said to bring it back to him so he can do a tune up. and he will show me how to do it. like i said before im new to RC but this car fly wow.

sorry RC Guru i saw your reply late i would probably ended up buy that one of ebay the price its preaty good and he say he spent over $300 upgrating it
well, here you go my friend! better take it before someone else does!http://cgi.ebay.com/Hopped-up-Nitro...1QQcmdZViewItem
Performula
Where can you get the XXXNT for $269?
Sorry its no the xxxnt. its the "Team Losi XXX-T Sport RTR II w/XR2i" here is the link XXX-T

I just hope my $420 its worth for my jato.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Guru
well looky here, mr smarty pants. why dont u suggest something eh?

btw, i am sure you can find a heck of a deal on a gt or a xxx-nt. my friend got one that was almost brand new, with a OS engine, tons of parts, rtr, with a starterbox, and it was for only $275

Hello wise guy, I'm being smart, but you suggested a GT2.... which hasn't been released yet and won't be available in RTR format for probably 6 months or more.... Exactly where do you expect him to find one of those USED dirt cheap!!!!!

how can you be a GURU when it is obvious you either don't pay attention, or left your common sense in bed when you got up this morning......
Old 06-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR
remeber that the prices you have aren't the actual running totals... you still need accessories like fuel, aa batteries, a glow ignighter, and at least the traxxas truck will need a 7.2v battery pack and charger.......
Don't be fooled by the "RTR" saying like I was. You can expect to pay almost as much (if not, MORE!) for all the accessories you'll need as you did for the initial truck!!! I'm talking about racing; bashing or just 'putting" around won't be so bad. If you decide to race, it's hard to be competitive with an RTR without investing the $$$$$. Not trying to turn you off, just inform you! It's a great hobby if you realize it's not a "cheap" hobby!! I just keep telling my wife it's cheaper than a full size truck!!!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah i know. im just getting use to this truck before i start racing.Its gonna take me some time to control this car since im a Noob I first need to pick up lot of stuff on this hobby. Now i have to find a race track around my area to go and practice some laps. hey did you guys seing the Jammin X1 it look awsome.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The jato is actualy a pretty capable truck. To start things off I would set up cones in the street and run figure 8s or ect. through them. Nice and tight so you can learn to push the car hard and keep it under control. Then mix up surfaces to something a little differant. Your lhs should be able to tell you where you can race. Find out what tires will work at your local track and give it a go. The truck is actualy set up pretty well out of the box.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Nah a bad idea. hmm idef need to get some orange small cone and set up a kind of 8's track. that will work. I took it to the HB shop today for the tune up the guy did it preaty quick i saw him tuning 2 screw he said it was ready to run it hard i couldn't run it today because it was rainning all day here in Brooklyn. I did tried to burn the fuel at home by turning the engine on but i don't know why it keep shouting off. do you think maybe when the guy tune it up he opened the or closed one of the valve too much? can i tune it up myself? it doesn't seing to be too dificul and the manual kind of explain it a lil bit but remember im a Noob. so i don't want to mess something. if i turn it on an hit the throttle it stay on but if i try to hit it like 3/4 it shout off.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

how about getting a niec mf2 roller and stick in a brushless. that way you can keep your speed, yet still be clean and run electric. basically u just need a charger and batteries, unless you are goin to race, you will need other things too.

truck roller- $100 maybe?
brushless- used...uh 120-150..depends..
decent charger..like a duratrax digital peak or something.. 80-100 bucks?
electronics- $70 (hitec agressor?)
batteries- 30 bucks..depending on what you buy.

thats to a grand total of uh..$330 maybe?

well sorry impactplayer, i havent been into or been paying attention to the nitro trucks so yea. Sorry to have sounded rude

or you could get a RTR GT from ebay, and buy a starterbox from me for 33 dollars + shipping no battery in the starterbox
Old 06-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

heres some ebay stuff you might be interested in

http://cgi.ebay.com/team-losi-xxx-bk...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-XXXT-X...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/RC10GT-W-New-OS-...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Factory-Team-RC1...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Associated-RC10G...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

RC Guru thanks for your advise. and Nice truck those on ebay. but i already bought my truck. I got the Jato. i said it before. Like party_wagon say i need to buy some cone and start getting in control of it. but yeah the only problem i have is with the tune up. after i did the break engine. (5 tanks gas) i took it back to the hobby shop for a tune up. they guy did it for me but when i got home the car start but when i hit the throttle it keep shouting off. i think i need to ajust the needle on the valve. anybody help??
Old 06-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

is that with all 4 wheels off the ground?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are you going to club race it? Cause alot of places will make you stick a different engine and transmission in the Jato before you race, since it has a .15 engine and a 2 speed tranny, and typically they want a .12 motor and 1 speed tranny. If I were you, I would have gotten the GT or the XXXNT, My bro-in law had a Jato, adn he went through arms and turnbuckles on that thing like crazy. They are crazy fast, and not the most durable of the stadium trucks. The hobby shops push them because if you are a pavement pounder, they are great, and they sell them for more than either of the Losi or Associated kit.
L8r,
Rod
Old 06-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

try slowly giving it throttle, until it warms up. You might need to adjust the Idle as well. Is it bogging out, or just popping? good smoke? Did you replace the plug? Do you have a glo-ignter, or just the easy start? a bad glow plug will cause a quick not running to well. My Maxx does that everyonce in a while, just let it idle up at first, then you are good to go.
Rod
Old 06-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

You normaly have to give it some throtle to clear the engine out after it has been sitting. Once it heats up the engine should run great. You don't have to actualy use cones, you can use anything lying around your house. Just use stuff that is going to make you learn to break and learn how the car manuvers when you do differant things. Remeber if your doing donuts around a corner then odds are your all over the place on a track where you will have much less traction. Also practice easing onto the throtle. You won't have as much traction on a real track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.