Wiki Posts
Search

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave G
Oh, Gotcha. Its ok I have my own, I was just curious to why you were selling it...Nevermind then.
Hi Guys. Even though my name is Dave G I just want to make sure there is no confusion - these posts are not from me - my handle on rctech and everywhere else has always been and will always be "heavy" and I will never post under any other name.

Apologies to those who thought I was playing games.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hehe , watch out for that Team Academy (points finger at Bob) its a cheeky one! tryin to sell my car lol.
Im doing another airbrush course next month to get myself motivated back into some paintjobs.got a pile of unpainted shells here to do.

That track was fast but as carpet tiles seemed nearly everylap there was a different gap at different sections, i liked the Red squares as the starting grid.

Do you tighted your cap screw right into your wheel lock washer ? i do , just like the Velox models they come with capscrews that fit flush inside, plus threadlock on the capscrews as i have had a wheel come loose, same time as the front oneway came loose , i swear i dont know how i got around the track on 1 wheel driving. lol.every ones like "its too much droop man" "those rubbers suck" "are those drift tyres" i was running Yokomo hot laps at first then sorex that made a big difference.Was insane through corners once i did get it sorted.
Now the mission to find some weight reduction.

And who is Dave G
Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

does the str pro2 come with a 1way? and would it be difficult to put trf shocks on it?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

The STR4 comes with a Torque Limit Front Oneway with an adjustable slipper disc.TRF shocks will fit, though the New Academy Shocks are pretty smooth.
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-231.jpg  
Old 07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Pinkie, YEAP! just like the PerformanceRC said, They will fit, If you ever look at the older tamiya cars? look at whos elses name is on them,,,, MRC / Tamiya. Interesting huh???

I just finished a TRF for a very good friend. He has alot of driving potential but need to slow down and get into some good habits. I think this TRF I built up for him will do just that. I also got every upgrade you could think of even belts. I did look at the shocks and they will fit. I will say if I had my choice to grab a TRF or the STR 4 PRO II??? I still would not let my sponsorship infuence me in anyway and I would be still drivng the STR over the TRF. Easier and by far faster in and out of corners I feal if setup right!

As for the wheels coming off PerformanceRC???
I have what they call a alloy star washer or lock behind my purple washers. This will 100% stop your problem your having!!! I also use them on the motor even though it might leave a small scratch on the purple motor mount, but hey!! I am here to race........

OH! Yeah I alos figured the squares would be that way you raced on PerformanceRC. Like I said, I was very well known in small scale and we used rcp matting squares at large events. We modified guys could never get our car 100% hooked up due to the bounce when we ran 11.1 volts and brushless. I could only imagine a touring car bouncing or not being stable down a straight. I would however and I will shall I say, come over soon to race there. I have already spoke to my friends there in Queensland to make sure they can get me around to the tracks. I may even bring home a Kangaroo!!!!! Ah,,,,, so soft and snuggly....

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com
B"

HEY PINKIE?? where ya from?? and love the pic of your sister you use!! for your av
Old 07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Steve, Keep in touch will ya? I am getting ready to hit the road here soon. I am awaiting word on one big item needed from Academy / MRC. Once I get that?? I am gone!!! What hotels area around the beat the heat area track?? I amy just roll out to say high and see what going on. Hows teh traction there, med bite?? its ozite or fastrack right??? I think I went to the website the other night.

Sorry Steve, I dont have PM, just drop me a email off here if ya would to keep in touch or look me up. I will prob always be in here with these guys. Its always nice to hang with non-egotistic drivers like yourself and like the guys from Australia.

As for the RDX? yeah, I have seen serveral out in texas when I was racing in the lower states. They seem like a nice handling car. Hey does Ralph or buddy drop in out there, not to toss names out or anything, I think you know who I am talking about..BRP and Burch??

Chat later,,,

Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

So, dave g isnt heavy??

Who is that masked man,,,,,,or girl??

It could be a female named: Davenna

Maybe a secret admire of Heavies Driving talents and one of his can I have your autograph Heavy groupies!!!!

I want a groupie now!!!! I am jelous Heavy!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 07:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

In the old days they used to be called "Heavy's Harem" but so sad to relate they have all gone off with younger, skinny blokes.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

PINKIE is from Canberra ACT (look right under his Avatar that you were staring at! )
Would be good to catch up with you here in Oz Bob, Im going to be up in QLD in September for 2 weeks having a play and race, with a bit of business chucked in.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Team Academy, you should know who I am by now, youve sent me many e-mails since July 10th.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

So who is Dave G?
Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Many e-mails since July 10th huh? I have a feeling I know who this masked man is good luck with the new job! See ya this weekend.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It is asphalt the have a hotel list on the msra site,we used to have a oklahoma invitational with baker,toso,skidmore but that track shut down
Old 07-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ahhhh, I do know now! This is very refreshing! Now ya see how we have been trying to get word out on the cars and buggies. Thanks so much for joining us.

We have serveral forums we are in but this is the one we've been consitrating on. The guys in Australia have also lauched a very nice support site that everyone is helping out with, They have done a excellent job thus far!!!

P.S. I ahve alos changed my email address everyone!! I didnt rec any emails from anyone over the past 2 days. if you sent anything out of importance?? Please retry. I changed it in my profile for everyone!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok, well i tried to change imy email addresst in my profile but wont let me, so? for now, here it is,,,

[email protected]

My other server was having problems with bandwidth and such, really slow!!!

Hey dave?? Can you re-drop any emails from the last 2 or 3 days to me? sorry for the error on my end for changing my email address at short notice.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.