Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo receiver pack Question..

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

because mugens and serpents aren't balanced in the first place. so you are correct sir. Their still out of balance.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Bucknuts, I'm not real sure with this new car and receiver pack I've only been able to practice a little bit before rain came in but I had my pack charged then ran a 3 or 4 tanks and started getting hard radio hits on my M8 with spektrum....everyone said to charge the rec. pack because spektrum is real sensative to voltage and that fixed it but I only got to run about 2 more tanks...... just kinda concerned about running a long main
The packs that come with the G4S need to be cycled 5 times or so to wake them up so they run at full capacity.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Thanks guys...I think I'm gonna stick with the nmh. Thanks to all for the info!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lil Paul
I never used lipos in my car, but I have them in my radio, and my radio lasts all day with no problems. However, what scares me about running it in the car is you cannot peak li-po's. For instance, my friend HAD one, and loved it. However when he got into a situation like bumping up 2 mains, he had major problems. Nimah packs can be peaked when your in a tight spot, or just to be safe peaked between heats, but li-pos take too long to charge. On normal race days they are great, but on that one day where for some reason your driving more than usual be careful.
Not quite right! You charge LiPo receiver packs at the same rate as NiMh. They do not need to be discharged for best performance(like NiMh/NiCd). You also do not need to leave them on charge until they are fully charged. Just put them on for as much time as you have available. I charge my receiver pack at 1 1/2 amps which is in line with the proper charge rate for NiMH. You get the same amount of energy into the pack with no memory issues for pulling it off before it is completely done charging.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

I have a Venom 1300 mah, is that going to be enough for a 1 hour main ?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

More than enough! No worries..