Can Novak Explorer Sport Handle this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can Novak Explorer Sport Handle this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Can Novak Explorer Sport Handle this?

Hi, I have a b3 thats been sitting in my closet for like 4-5 years and im lookin to get back in the hobby. I want to get an rc10gt2 when it comes out, but its gona take a few months so I want to fix up my b3. There is no forum for electric esc and such discussion so I tought this would be the most appropriate forum.

I have a novak explorer sport esc and it says it can handle 15t motors. I want to get Reedy Flash 14T double and I wonder if it can handle that without a problem because the 15 and 16T are unavailable right now at towerhobbies.com. I also want to buy a couple batteries and im wondering if the Speed control can handle NimH stick packs or should I just get NiCD stick packs? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:43 AM
X2
Tech Regular

The NiMh packs will be fine, but the 14t motor could get a little sketchy. I wouldnt recommend running it, but if you do make sure you have good cooling for the esc.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

so should I really get a 15T motor then?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you are using it as a basher, I wouldn't go over the recommended limit, as you are probably going to be running it until the battery dies. This much run on the ESC will be bad with a motor that is rated too much for it.