Wiki Posts
Search

Some basic Nitro on road car questions:

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
Hi Corse-R,

I will be at Vila Real. I too have to decide what engines I am running yet.

At the minute it is a choice between the Rody Mod, The Salven Mega, STS Hand Mod or my own modded RB 3-ports.
Yup! remember that the crank at the Rody modified isn't legal under current EFRA rules, Rody for sure that is working on a new crank for their baby (want to bet something about a rifled / honed crank?)
Old 01-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Now that's a good point, Browny!! ;-) Overtaking drivers of better cars ;-)

I think I'll enjoy messing about with the car setup - I'm a really technical person who loves to fiddle about ;-)))

I'll look into the options a bit more, then make a decision.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, I started out with the same reasoning as you bought. I bought the Impulse PRO against many people's advice. Never regretted it as the car of it;s calibre has the ability to grow old with you along the way. Learnt a lot about car handling.

It is good to be a technical kind of person as these mean machines require that. Be warned that pro cars like the Serpent 705 and Mugen MTX-3 have very steep learning curves once you meddle with the car settings and chassis setup.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think if you are ready to buy all the necessary things to race and have the ability to follow all the instructions you will find the stock setup is really good and it is durable enough driving it should be easy even for a beginner

you should get mtx-3 w/engine pipe header, radiow/servos, special mtx-3 battery, body and paint, ignitor, fuel, starter box, extra tires, glow plugs, and some setup gauges like hudy or integy

maybe some extra parts like front uprights all though i havent broken anything racing yet

the kit with engine pipe and header are almost free

tuning engine should be easy if you talk to people online but the instructions for engine are kinda vague

i wish i had bought a good car first coulda saved some money