Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
rubber touring tires??? JuNK??? >

rubber touring tires??? JuNK???

rubber touring tires??? JuNK???

Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rubber touring tires??? JuNK???

Ive been reading alot lately that rubber tc tires seem to lose performance as you run them.. i see alot of guys selling one-2 run tires.. thats insane..
I thiunk it is time for tire companies to start making a better tire.. In oval racing we use rubber capped tires.. there made from the same rubber real nascar tires are made.. They last for months.. they actually get faster the more you run them.. i would say the last 20 or so runs the tires are super fast.. they seem to be the fastest when the belt starts to show..

Why cant a tc tire be made like this?? Im guessing it has alot to do with the instert..or lack there off.. with the oval tires the foam on the inside is tight to the tire.. we have diff colors for diff bites.. the tire is glued to the foam as well.. seems to me a tire being shot after one run is silly.. especially when new people have to come up with 40 bucks every two weeks for skins..

I ran my cap tires on a high banked 365 foot runlin4e asphalt track for over 3 months. and they were used tires from 04.. the klast few runs were about 3-5 seconds faster then the first runs..

I see BSR makes a touring car caped tire.. I have never seen anyone try them on outdoor tracks tho.. Has anyone tried them?? if so how were they...
Attached Thumbnails rubber touring tires??? JuNK???-cap.jpg  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Problem is though most events people enter they have a controled tyre and it is usely the tyres u are on about the ones that dont last! but I cant see them using a caped tyre for a controled tyre

I have run some v-tecs from don valley last year and I still use them at club level
Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Simple solution- Foam.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Burbs do you race?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Duhhh only for 18 years Mr. crain..Im an oval racer.. I use to do Tc at trackside.. ohh about 5 years ago.... ive been on break this summer, bought a house.. and im most likley going to do some tc in the fall..
Old 06-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

we have a issue over here in the uk
about how much we have to pay for preglued wheels/tyre`s £25.00 set
nealy all are 1-3 run then get new set
so for the nats 2 set`s on the day £50.00

no discount from the tyre makers (tight wads) you would of thought they would make a deal with the brca for getting them in the nat`s
also every single maker is £25.00
ING
V-TECH
CS
RP
SOREX

what are the chances of that happening all the prices the same
it` been a real expensive year this time round (tyre`s only)

sorex are 1 run wonders weather it be 28/32 or 36`s

i reckon they all sit round a table to pat each other on the back
Old 06-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think that as ROAR rules stand now for TC racing, capped rubber tires are not legal for sanctioned racing...
Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

im not familiar with Capped tires, they sound interesting. What are they? how do they differ from the normal tires?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandomTask
im not familiar with Capped tires, they sound interesting. What are they? how do they differ from the normal tires?
look here
http://www.bsr-racing.com/cap/
Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, its just that i havent seen them in person. I gather that they are better from the description, but the descption only details how its better and not much else. what process do they use? what does "cap" mean? those questions arent answered by the website
Old 06-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandomTask
yeah, its just that i havent seen them in person. I gather that they are better from the description, but the descption only details how its better and not much else. what process do they use? what does "cap" mean? those questions arent answered by the website
give John a call , he will answer any questions that you have.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are those Capped touring tires 24mm or 26mm?
I wouldn't mind trying to introduce it for club racing if it really last as long as the original post is accurate and leave the big tire expenses for the big races.

Does anybody know the touring set price, performance, and runs before the
performance drops off?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burbs
Ive been reading alot lately that rubber tc tires seem to lose performance as you run them.. i see alot of guys selling one-2 run tires.. thats insane..
I thiunk it is time for tire companies to start making a better tire.. In oval racing we use rubber capped tires.. there made from the same rubber real nascar tires are made.. They last for months.. they actually get faster the more you run them.. i would say the last 20 or so runs the tires are super fast.. they seem to be the fastest when the belt starts to show..

Why cant a tc tire be made like this?? Im guessing it has alot to do with the instert..or lack there off.. with the oval tires the foam on the inside is tight to the tire.. we have diff colors for diff bites.. the tire is glued to the foam as well.. seems to me a tire being shot after one run is silly.. especially when new people have to come up with 40 bucks every two weeks for skins..

I ran my cap tires on a high banked 365 foot runlin4e asphalt track for over 3 months. and they were used tires from 04.. the klast few runs were about 3-5 seconds faster then the first runs..

I see BSR makes a touring car caped tire.. I have never seen anyone try them on outdoor tracks tho.. Has anyone tried them?? if so how were they...
Not sure where you run caps at for months and are fast with them but I ran caps many of times and they are fast for 1 to 2 runs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ran pan cars since they came out on oval and never had caps last more than 2 to 3 runs before they fell a 1/10th or 2 per run. The tire thing really depends on how fast you want to be. I normally only run good tires at bigger type races and run used tires at club races. My tires from big races have 1 run on them and then I use the one run tires at all my normal club racing. This saves me money in the long run as most of the guys in are area don't put on new tires at the club level unless the ones they have are really getting bad.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Caps are illegal for ROAR, I know that there was a Pro Line or Jaco cap a few years ago, but it didn't take off.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Simple solution- Foam.

So simple I cant believe its not accepted.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.