Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with Gm Sx9 esc

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Taz
Tech Rookie

Default Need help with Gm Sx9 esc

Here is my question. I have the Sx9 purple esc from Gm. It has four solder posts labelled -m -b +b +m, also the esc comes with 3 wires one blue on the -m which is neg motor, black on -b which is neg battery and one red on +b which looks to me per the instructions that it is supposed to run in parralell to the pos battery and the pos on the motor. Now per the directions (which could be better) do not show which the last post +m is for. Now my thaught is that i can run pos wire from the +b from esc to the pos of the battery and have a seperate wire from the +m to the motor.
Hopefully someone has some knowledge on these and can help. I did try Gm's web site, sad thing is they dont even list this esc on their site.
Thanks for any offered advice...Hopefully my discription isnt to confusing.
John
Old 01-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

If you look at the solder holes i think you can seen that the 2 red holes are actually linked. therefor you cas either split the one red wire that comes pre-soldered so that it links to both cells and motor, or you could the use the current one for either cells or motor and then solder another wire in the spare hole for the other application.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Taz
Tech Rookie

Yea I saw that after I posted the thread. I ended up sending it back, it would just cut out every 20-30 sec of run. I think I will just get the LRP competition. Thanks again