Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Please note the standard blue i-PT has a blue case, blue LED and a standard 180mm / 7" (approx) length power lead. Only a persons last name (surname) or club/hobby store name can be used. The original AMB PT must be sent to us along with a completed form.
What's the price in good old UK £££'s Terry for the standard blue version?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For the standard blue i-PT the price in the UK is £41.25 + £4.50 p&p.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Pup5, the new offer is now on. It's $65.00 US each plus $9.00 shipping for the standard blue cased versions. Custom versions remain as priced on the application/order form.

Please note the standard blue i-PT has a blue case, blue LED and a standard 180mm / 7" (approx) length power lead. Only a persons last name (surname) or club/hobby store name can be used. The original AMB PT must be sent to us along with a completed form.
If a standard blue i-PT is ordered on the form it will be charged at the $65 price. The turn around is approx 7 to 10 days with us (in the UK) plus the shipping time back. The original AMB PT can be returned after we have received it and read out the number, an extra $4 will be charged for the additional shipping cost.

that's really good news!! is there a minimum purchase quantity to get this $65 each deal? could you tell me how much postage is for 2 i-pt's plus the return of my amb to Australia?
cheers.
Karl.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poop
that's really good news!! is there a minimum purchase quantity to get this $65 each deal? could you tell me how much postage is for 2 i-pt's plus the return of my amb to Australia?
cheers.
Karl.
sorry, one more question:
do i have to pre-pay or wait for you to email me an invoice before i make my paypal payment to you?
thanks again
Karl.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Karl,

There is no minimum order quantity, as long as it's a standard blue i-PT it's $65US each. For Australia the price works out at $87AUD each and $16AUD postage. You don't have to pre-pay, we will email you when your order is ready and you can then pay by PayPal. You can pay by US$ through PayPal, $65US plus $13US shipping back to you in Australia.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

How long is this deal going to go on? I'm still away from home where my PT is (at least until the end of January)

if this is a permanent deal then I won't worry so much....
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, this was probably already asked, but does this work with the AMB system?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes, it is a clone of an AMB PT. You have to have 1 to send in to get a clone made.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $rusty$
Only if the track you are going to has an AMBrc or an AMBrc3! It will not work with the older systems. So if you can use a PT where you race now, you'll be fine.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by akura2
How long is this deal going to go on? I'm still away from home where my PT is (at least until the end of January)

if this is a permanent deal then I won't worry so much....
Hi Jimmy, it's not a permanent deal but will run for a while longer than the end of January, most likely until into March.

Originally Posted by $rusty$
Hi Rusty, as has been mentioned the i-PT works with the AMBrc system, we also have our T1-10 personal transponder for the older AMB20 system. Details are on the products list on our web site.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Terry....I'm sure you're tired of answering the same q's over and over, but too many pages for me to read....

Can you clone an AMB house transponder and does it have to be working???

Thanks!

BTW, congratz on offering such fine products and your timely reponces....First Class my man.......
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Ray, no trouble at all it's the easiest way, you ask a question I answer it!

Yes we can clone a house transponder no problem. It has to be working, as in not broken. We just have to power it up and read the number ID data out.

We have a separate form for clubs to use, the form is at www.rclaps.com we get asked for sets of 10 or 20 house transponders to have i-PT cloned versions made up. Some clubs prefer to have 10 i-PT's made and keep the other 10 as house transponders. If the batteries need replacing in the house transponders we can also do this as well if required.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Yet another question (or two)...

I'm sorry that I'm so thick-headed Terry after reading all this, but if I have a working PT and send it to you, and I want my original back plus two of the standard cased clones (and I don't need the original AMB PT back earlier) the cost would be $130 ($65 x2) plus $9 shipping for all three? Does this 10% promotional code also apply off the $130 or is that for something else like the custom cases? Do I Paypal the total to you before I send my AMB RC and the form in the mail?

Again, sorry for all the questions, but you know what they say about our two countires...two people separated by a common language Cheers~!

Gary
Old 01-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Terry was looking at your product looks like its really taking off do you need anyone here in the states to help you out (making i-PT's) mabye cut down on your cost for s&h
Old 01-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gary, no your not thick-headed at all, it's just that your question has not been asked before so you won't find an answer! You are correct the total will be $130 + $9 for 2 standard blue i-PT's including shipping for your PT, that's having them all sent together at the same time. The 10% promotional code applies to any i-PT standard or custom, however when ordering standard blues ones you would get the $65 price which is around 25% discount. You send your completed form in the mail along with your original AMB PT, payment is made when your order is ready to be shipped back to you.

Steve: Thanks we're looking into possibilities for the future, anything to help make things better for our customers and for us! As i-PT's are not mass produced we're still looking for ways to save time and make things easier!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.