Wiki Posts
Search

FAST RC WORLDS??????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
I have talked to several factory drivers, and the word is "we don't want anyone to know we are going, or they will go and it will make it that much harder to win...".
Hmm... I think that that can translate to "we really don't have many people signed up and we just don't want to tell anybody for fear that we'll get nobody" Most racers welcome the competition. Announcing just who is coming will often draw more participants than not. You guys seem to have a fresh idea and a good amount of energy behind it. Post your list of entries on your site, that will go a long way to getting more. Hiding it will only serve to turn off many people who will not spend the money to race with the same number of entries as a weekly club race.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

I am now REALLY interested to see how this event pans out
Old 09-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with that. And I think holding small promo events in public places is one of the best things you can do. The trick, I believe, is to bridge the gap between what is good for promotion of the sport and the sporting itself. I'm concerned that if you're too outside the realm, it won't be received by current racers. Which is, at this time, all we have. I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying. Creating a whole new way of sporting and a crop of participants is much harder than marketing and profiting from one that already exists.

ROAR is just the opposite. They're all about the status quo of r/c racing, and really care nothing about promotion to the general public.

You must be a unificater, not a divider.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Good points again

SS thanks and we agree. Here is how we look at it. Run the races as they are presently done. Bring in top shelf people and announcers to run the event. Offer prize money to start the trend of drivers winning cash and supporting themselves. Offer Sportsman division drivers ( non sponsored ) a chance at winning product as if they where sponsored from a first class vendor. Have RTR vendors demo the products to start the newbies on the RC track in and around the Event. This affords the potential newbies to see the Finals and big time racers. That is how we have planned this one. If we missed something please tell us. All the racing details are posted. Following the normal race set ups. So how are we different?

Last point...if I, as a driver, really believed no one was gonna be there and I was pretty good...I'm there. If I win it's me in the mags and a shot at getting noticed. But more important to us is the chance for the drivers to ignite a newbies flames. Just a thought
Old 09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

i think keeping the entries secret is a good idea if i thought some pro was gonna be there i may not waste my time an energy going to the race but if i thought it was a club race with the chance to win $1500 i am there no question.

I personally think you are doing the right thing and pushing r/c in the more mainstream direction it needs to go. only thing i would change would be to go 1/8 nitro off road, just because there is kind of a redundcy factor watching on road and at least offroad offers some jumps to mix it up. But hey thats just me i couldn't stand to watch nascar either.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sportsmen has no pros!

It's up to $3500 you could win in either division. But no sponsored drivers in the Sportsman Division. However you can step up and go for the CASH with the factory guys. To all attending the Vegas race good luck and good driving.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking WSD Itinerary

2006 FAST World Series for Drivers
Schedule of Events

October 10 All Day Build Track and Open Track for Tests

October 11 8 AM to 8 PM Registration and Practice Sessions
Photography sessions, ongoing
Distribution of $100 Driver
Appreciation Packages

8 PM Mandatory Drivers Meeting

9 to 12 PM Opening Night Pool Side Party (free
for all registered drivers)

October 12 8 AM to 8 PM 1st Qualifier * 2nd Qualifier

October 13 8 AM to 7 PM 3rd Qualifier * 4th Qualifier

8 PM to 10 PM Old Town Night and Demo at Classic
Cruise Over 3,000 Spectators viewing
RC demo race and Helios

October 14 9 AM to 6 PM Mod Championships and Sportsman
Mains

10 AM to 12 PM RC Demos for over 1000 Spectators
next to race site. RTR giveaways to
spectators.
Asphalt Demo race
Boat “
Air “

7 PM Awards Presentations
Old 09-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Registration is closing Sept 25th

If you haven’t registered yet do so immediately or you will lose your opportunity to be in this historical race.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Rookie

OOOOOPS!!
No entries will be accepted after the 15th of September. This is the final day for all drivers to register and get their payments in. Mr. Kujawa also wants to remind the drivers that the hotels final day for accepting discounted room reservations is also September 15th.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default WSD Carpet up date.

We felt with so many registrations in but unpaid we would extend the time for drivers to get the money in. It appears that RC drivers have a propensity to procrastinate. We are posting daily the checks or paypal payments that we receive. Have a great day.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TECH CONTROL
We felt with so many registrations in but unpaid we would extend the time for drivers to get the money in. It appears that RC drivers have a propensity to procrastinate. We are posting daily the checks or paypal payments that we receive. Have a great day.
propensity to Procrastinate? I am not entirely sure I agree with that statement, there are plenty of other races that get sold out well ahead of the event itself, and you are talking about the same group of people you are advertising to here on this forum.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

RTR giveaways for spectators. Lovely stuff..

How can you insure that a racer isnt "sponsored" Do you just mean anybody that is not a factory driver? or anybody that recieves sponsorship, ie shop sponsorship?
Old 09-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Factory Guys

The Sportsman division will be decided by the Race Directors if there are any questions as to eligablity...Factory guys can not step down. Sportsman can step up. Several races do sell out and get the money up front but, as told to me by Mag Editors and Race Holders themselves, many drivers wait till they get there to pay or do it just before. Harsh Guy have a great race in Vegas and I hope to see you on the stand. Good luck to all the racers this week in Vegas.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb hmmmm

if you won't post the names of the paid entrents can you at least post the amount of paid entries you have?

you said sept 15th was the cut off date.

you have now changed that date...

honestly very few of the r/c racers run for money.
the fact that you do not post a list of paid entries or names leads us to believe that you have very few entries. i live in florida and race every weekend and have not heard any buzz about this race at all. and we are talking about guys who live 40 minutes from the track!

noone wants to travel from california and spend a cool grand to race in a sportsman class only to find out his local club has more entries.

i'm sure you will be taking entries all the way up until 2 minutes before the first tone of the first race.

nothing against you or your staff but some things are done for a reason.

holding a race in a state that has a huge event every year is not too good.
imagine if vegas had two of these events every year? i think it would have a negative reponse. you have to take your idea and find a location and date that is attractive to the racers. you realy have to post the entries taken in so the guys can judge if it's a hot ticket or a dud.if the race is a dud it's your fault not the racers.don't hide things from them or they will turn their backs on you in a heart beat.

when a few of the guys find out that it is more like a week long club race they are going to post back on here to never come again.

cleveland has a huge turnout every year and they have nothing to offer outside of the racing...it's a well run event with a friendly staff..it's run indoors when the temps outside are 30 deg and with snow on the ground. once the racers get to the hotel they have nothing to do but race.they come back every year for the competion and knowing the racing will be fair and the rules will be inforced.

racing r/c cars is not about disney world and 400,000 homes...
racing isn't about 25,000 in cash prizes either...

scotty,bill and boylan get crowds of r/c racers because they found concept and location that works for them.every year scotty,bill and boylan tweak what they got to make it better.rolling into town with a fat wallet and attending a few r/c events isn't enough. scotty,bill abd boylan have been r/c racers for 20 years..and believe me if asked all three of them would tell you every year they learn something new.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
if you won't post the names of the paid entrents can you at least post the amount of paid entries you have?

you said sept 15th was the cut off date.

you have now changed that date...

honestly very few of the r/c racers run for money.
the fact that you do not post a list of paid entries or names leads us to believe that you have very few entries. i live in florida and race every weekend and have not heard any buzz about this race at all. and we are talking about guys who live 40 minutes from the track!

noone wants to travel from california and spend a cool grand to race in a sportsman class only to find out his local club has more entries.

i'm sure you will be taking entries all the way up until 2 minutes before the first tone of the first race.

nothing against you or your staff but some things are done for a reason.

holding a race in a state that has a huge event every year is not too good.
imagine if vegas had two of these events every year? i think it would have a negative reponse. you have to take your idea and find a location and date that is attractive to the racers. you realy have to post the entries taken in so the guys can judge if it's a hot ticket or a dud.if the race is a dud it's your fault not the racers.don't hide things from them or they will turn their backs on you in a heart beat.

when a few of the guys find out that it is more like a week long club race they are going to post back on here to never come again.

cleveland has a huge turnout every year and they have nothing to offer outside of the racing...it's a well run event with a friendly staff..it's run indoors when the temps outside are 30 deg and with snow on the ground. once the racers get to the hotel they have nothing to do but race.they come back every year for the competion and knowing the racing will be fair and the rules will be inforced.

racing r/c cars is not about disney world and 400,000 homes...
racing isn't about 25,000 in cash prizes either...

scotty,bill and boylan get crowds of r/c racers because they found concept and location that works for them.every year scotty,bill and boylan tweak what they got to make it better.rolling into town with a fat wallet and attending a few r/c events isn't enough. scotty,bill abd boylan have been r/c racers for 20 years..and believe me if asked all three of them would tell you every year they learn something new.
They do have the amount of paid entries listed on their home page af http://www.fastrcworlds.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.