Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
has anyone had any problems with the lrp brushless esc system? >

has anyone had any problems with the lrp brushless esc system?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

has anyone had any problems with the lrp brushless esc system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default has anyone had any problems with the lrp brushless esc system?

my esc works fine in brushed mode but when I put in a brushless motor it dosent work right. It cuts off when i punch the throttle, low grip mode dosnt work. Its the first time I used the brusless mode and it worked for about 2 batteries. Ive only had it 6 months but only used it a total of 4 races. I think if anyone wants a brushless system stay away from LRP nothing but problems from the start go with novak. If anyone else would like to post any complaints please do. There product sucks and if I want to fix it ill have to pay cause they only have a 90 day warranty. Id rather pay another 250 dollors and get the novak system then pay those crooks 1 dollor to fix my esc. DOWN WITH LRP WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how much did u pay for your esc. and also i have heard that if u switch to brushed mode while it was on it will ruin it. im sure u didnt but just a thought also what kind of brushed motor are u running have u made sure the turns on the motor match that of the turns on the spped control
Old 06-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

oh sorry i totally miss read your thread. i really dont know what to tell u about that? do u have another speed control u could check the brushless motor with? otherwise i dont know what to say i have never had ay trouble ever with lrp. but i understand your frustration.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Mine works perfectly - even with a 4* motor. You've got to read the manual though, there's a couple of DO's and DO NOT DO's that you need to know about.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

i wouldnt trust anything else but novak or hacker.......there big ass brands and u just cannot go wrong !
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by duckbutter
DOWN WITH LRP WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!
count me out on that ....

love my Lrp Sphere & Neo...
perform`s fantastic !!!

Maybe something wrong with programing or maybe a bad connection with the hall effect harness ?