Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.21 QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default .21 QUESTION

I was racing sunday for the second time with my jammin buggy. i went out for practice the motor ran great. then i had to mess with it! i am a electric guy/rookie nitro. i rerouted my fuel tubing and got it too close to the pinion/spur. I ended up running the engine lean, ran like a white spotted raped ape. the engine now has no compression and wont run unless you leave the ignitor on it. the engine has less than 1 gallon thru it. the motor is a os v-spec. i was thinking of sending it out and getting it re-pinched.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If there's no compression it will always flame out once it's warmed up.

You have two choices; send it in to be pinched (less expensive, $20 to $40) or buy a JP modified piston/sleeve/rod at Ace Hardware Hobbies for $150.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just get it pinched...I did something similar to my P5 and just got it back...runs awesome. We have some good local guys that do it for 10-15 bucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pinching is definitely the cheaper option, and probably all you need to do. Make sure you get a good look at the crank pin and connecting rod once you have the motor apart as well just to make sure you didn't damage anything.

You can buy stock pistons and sleeves from A-Main as well for around $110 if you feel like you need to do that.

If you have the engine apart anyway, it might be a good idea to put TKO ceramic bearings in the motor as well since the stock bearings can fail if the motor isn't broken in properly. About $40 buys you the pair.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the input, i took the engine further apart and found i also pulled dirt into the motor somehow. there is alos some play in the connecting rod when the piston is almost at tdc and when it comes off top dead center. if you were looking at side of the engine crank and rod are at 10:00 and 2:00. i did not find very much dirt, just fine grit.
maybe that is normal. i am a rookie at this nitro stuff.