Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting back into NITRO

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Virtually any K car is a top level buggy. The one thing though, is that that particular chassis is a few years older, I believe...Im not sure how easily you'll still be able to get replacements or hop ups. I do believe that King Headz and Fioroni have some great hops for it and Im confident they are still available.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm, maybe i should go with the hyper 8 or just save up a little more and get an inferno sp2. I would love to try building a kit again I had a TC3 but I lost interest in it when me and my dad purchased the server gear and EC and they didn't fit in it.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Wait can't I buy the Inferno 777 then buy this http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3843 and it would be like an SP2?
Old 05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

I think the Hyper 8 is my best option without having to spend to much money it seems like a very solid buggy. From the online reviews I've read about it and all I think I'll be buying one very shortly. Thanks a bunch for everyones help also!

EDIT: If I do go with the hyper 8 what do you guys suggest for radio/servos/engines, I can easily pick out my own pipe etc

Second EDIT: Well actually now I've narrowed it down to the Hyper 8 or the Kyosha 777 Inferno.

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 05-27-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The hyper 8 pro will probly be your best bet. It also includes a good pipe that will make a great match with a nova rossi n21bf or a rbmods 3 port econo. Most kits don't include pipes. Either of those two motors would be a great starting point and if treated properly will last for around 10 gallons. Heres a quick break down of what you will need for a 1/8th scale buggy.
A radio with endpoint adjustments and trim adjustments.
something like this http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXGAG2**&P=0
Two good non digital servos, digital servos don't last as long in nitro cars.
I'd recomend this for throtle/break http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHHV5&P=0
this for steering http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXANT4&P=0

Then you will need a starter box, a glow plug igniter, fueld, tires, and spare parts if there is not an on site hobby shop @ the track.

b4 you buy anything visit your local tracks and find out what other people are running. We can tell you about these products all day, but in the end the guys at your local tracks and hobby shops will provide you w/ the most help.
The reason 1/10 scale is becoming less popular is because it is much harder to drive. 4wd doesn't require a smooth throtle finger and people want instant results so they invest in buggies and truggies. Odds are 2 years from now 1/10 scale will be stronger than ever because these drivers have learned to drive and want to try something new.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the help everyon! I will deffinitly go up to my local tracks to see what other people are running etc but thanks again!