Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Took delivery of my 8ight T rtr and haven't looked back...It's awsome and goes like a rocket.
Would post pics but unfortunately my camera went for a swim in a lake ( it fell out of my pocket while i was walking across a suspension bridge on boxing day).
Managed to retrieve it but it was a little water logged
Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FatBoyObese
on boxing day).
Silly American here. What is boxing day? I haven't heard of that before.

Glad you like the T. It will do you good. Just read from this thread and the Losi 8ight building thread and you should never have a problem.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Boxing day is the day after christmas day for the UK, NZ, Australia, aside from it being a public holiday.....I can't recall what it means.....hey man an extra day off, that's all I care about.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm all for extra days off. More time to run the T. LOL.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOST
Boxing day is the day after christmas day for the UK, NZ, Australia, aside from it being a public holiday.....I can't recall what it means.....hey man an extra day off, that's all I care about.
From Wikipedia (remember the answer is 42 for everything)

"Boxing Day is the day after Christmas, a public holiday in most countries in The Commonwealth. It originated as a day for giving gifts to employees and poor people. It has sporting traditions, especially fox hunting and the famous boxing day round in the English Premier League, and is the day when stores launch the most significant sales period in the retail cycle."
Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

That coloured body looks really good 'LOW ET', especially the midnight blue.
All you need to do now is get it dirty!!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
im thinkin is a .21B...i would be hardpressed if some 1 were to put a .30 in a 8ight....can u say OVERKILL...
yep it is a .21B just running it for the time been to see how it goes then proberly throw it in my buggy and by a go tech .21 if the other dudes runs ok.

I know you have proberly been through this already but what is the best starter box for starting this car as I have a true start box and you can't put any pins on the box or the car don't fit so you have to try and line it up everytime you wanna start it.

Are the team losi starter boxes any good.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you have both the 8 buggy and 8 truggy, then the losi box might be a good way to go. I keep hearing that the early models had junk motors and that the new boxes have had the issues worked out. I plan on getting one for the upcoming season and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The ol' tried-n-true box is the Ofna chrome top box.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team losi guy
yep it is a .21B just running it for the time been to see how it goes then proberly throw it in my buggy and by a go tech .21 if the other dudes runs ok.

I know you have proberly been through this already but what is the best starter box for starting this car as I have a true start box and you can't put any pins on the box or the car don't fit so you have to try and line it up everytime you wanna start it.

Are the team losi starter boxes any good.

the losi box is awsome...i Highly reccomend it....and i also reccomend soldering all the connections and replacing the stock wiring with Deans Wet Noodle....Also doing a Break in on the Motor brushes before trying to start a motor.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Where can you get the team losi starter boxes from in australia
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Mate your best bet would be go to your LHS and get them to get one from modelflight (LOSI importer), or just get one from the states!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slow
I'm going to be purchasing an 8ight T soon and I noticed that some online stores are selling the Losi rollers way way cheap while the 8ight kit is still its usual price. Is it a supply and demand thing or is there something wrong with the rollers? I don't need the truggy till spring so I can wait but at these prices I'm tempted get one now. As long as nothing is wrong with them.
No theres nothing wrong with the 8T R-roller. You will love it... just redo the setup on the throttle/break linkage and the rear disc break. Both of my 8T R-rollers rear break seized running them straight out of the box. and already mentioned, watch your end point settings on your radio especially the throttle/break linkage. Also remove the front stabilizer bar to increase steering.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Here's mine!

Losi Truggy-losi_8t_0245.jpg
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MetalShield
No theres nothing wrong with the 8T R-roller. You will love it... just redo the setup on the throttle/break linkage and the rear disc break. Both of my 8T R-rollers rear break seized running them straight out of the box. and already mentioned, watch your end point settings on your radio especially the throttle/break linkage. Also remove the front stabilizer bar to increase steering.
Got Trinity brake spring thingys coming for the binding brake problem.
Would stabilizer bar also mean sway bar because if it does then mine's coming off as I could do with it turning a bit better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.