Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Are you using it for the 8ight of 8ight t. With the 8ight t i can only use three of the tabs two in front and then one on the passengers side of the car. also on the rear mounting tabs i put the tab behind the mud guard where did you mount yours? Also the box works with all four pegs on the 8ight buggy. I had to borrow rezenclowns last weekend and he used all four on his buggy and it worked great, thanks again justin!! Also i think your buddy has my channel lock pliers and i need to get those back the next time that i see you.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Which battery are you guys running?
lipo or just a 5 hump like racers edge.....

thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hockey 85
Also the box works with all four pegs on the 8ight buggy. I had to borrow rezenclowns last weekend and he used all four on his buggy and it worked great, thanks again justin!! Also i think your buddy has my channel lock pliers and i need to get those back the next time that i see you.
Yup, PMed you about that!....sorry about his 5 finger discount problem
And why oh why can no one get my screen name right?! I hate clowns, clowns scare me, they are not smiling cause they're happy!!!!!

I may have to try your 8T out dude....I cant decide if I "Need" one or just excessively want one.... Oh BTW, if you dont have it, get the King Headz quick change motor mount since your swapping your engine between the 2. I just use it for my buggy, but I love the darn thing, it saves so much time. Though I have the extended, I do not like it as much because it is a just a little bit more of a pain to set gear mesh if you must.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

oh sorry i thought it was rezenclown3... i wondered about that. Well now i know rezenclowd3, rezenclowd3 i will try to remember that. rezenclowd3, rezenclowd3

Yeah sure if you want to wheel my 8t for tank or so that would be fine. Trust me once you drive it, you will buy one the minute that you get home hahaha Also i do already have the king headz mount because i use it for the three shoe clutch and i wound up getting a os VZB V-spec for the buggy so that i would not have to switch back and forth. I will have to break it in this afternoon in order for it to be ready for the Nitro Max Challenge.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

does anyone make the 8ight T top bump box plate for the
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dido41
does anyone make the 8ight T top bump box plate for the
I don't think that anyone makes one yet. The 8ight-T was the hardest vehicle I've owned to setup on a starterbox. I had to drill a hole towards the left rear of the truck in the starterbox to accomodate it.

If you have the $$$, I would pre-order the 8ight/8ight-T starterbox that is due out in June. It's made by Losi.

-Seann
Old 05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

The new Losi starter box will be worth the wait. The chassis alignment system is AWESOME.

</biased opinion> Haha.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just got my 8T and ready to install the electrics and motor. well like all new things there are the extra parts parts needed or to have on the side as backup. what is the common items i should look into buying for back up parts. not sure what breaks on these truggys. i just don't want to be with out some parts.

last year i bought a jammin buggy and a ton of spare parts and did not break a thing. just a shock shaft from some guy doing hot laps the wrong way on the track.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

I got chassis 1749.
I am running an STS.30 and a 0702 pipe, just got it broke in and finally run it on the track yesterday. One word, WOW!!!!!, think the biggest rc wow you can times 10. If i had a genie I couldn't have wished this truck, I have run several truggies in the past, but this one is the wildest. I know the .30 may be too much for racing, but it was the one i had available other than an HPI 4.6 HO (hellfire engine), didn't seem right to put that in. My track doesn't have a limit on engines so i figured i'd try it and see
Old 05-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys, I'll be getting my Losi 8T this sat. Going to hook up this baby with a .21 OS VZ-B Vspec and futaba S9351 servos for both steering and throttle. Any recommandations on which pipe to match the engine?

Reading thru the thread and found out that many Losi 8T drivers have problems with the brakes, how about any other issues that I have to take note of?

Anyone tried b4 the kingheadz 17mm extended wheel hubs? I'm thinking of installing the extended hubs on the rear and keep the front stock, what will happen if I do that?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

double post
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ART2
Hi guys, I'll be getting my Losi 8T this sat. Going to hook up this baby with a .21 OS VZ-B Vspec and futaba S9351 servos for both steering and throttle. Any recommandations on which pipe to match the engine?

Reading thru the thread and found out that many Losi 8T drivers have problems with the brakes, how about any other issues that I have to take note of?

Anyone tried b4 the kingheadz 17mm extended wheel hubs? I'm thinking of installing the extended hubs on the rear and keep the front stock, what will happen if I do that?

Thanks
setting up the brake clearance with 0.3 to 0.5 mm of play and you're good to go....make sure you adjust your end point for the throttle such that when you squeeze the throttle the carb opening is open to 90%..and you are able to pull the linkage by hand a further 1mm-2mm for flex...crank the servo saver spring a further 1mm from stock...if you hve problems pm me
Old 05-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vones
setting up the brake clearance with 0.3 to 0.5 mm of play and you're good to go....make sure you adjust your end point for the throttle such that when you squeeze the throttle the carb opening is open to 90%..and you are able to pull the linkage by hand a further 1mm-2mm for flex...crank the servo saver spring a further 1mm from stock...if you hve problems pm me
Thanks vones, you're from s'pore right? What setup do I need for Turf City track. Is 7000, 10000, 3000 diff oil for the front, center and rear diff and 55 and 50 shock oil for the front and rear shock suited for the track?

Thanks for the advise
Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ART2

Thanks
Try the Jammin jp-3 pipe with the VZ-B Vspec and it is really really fast, also i would not use the kingheadz extenders if you are going to use the losi or crt rims, i use them with the str rims that have zero offset. the reason that they make the extenders is for the unoffset rims like the str rims, just my opinion though.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hockey 85
Try the Jammin jp-3 pipe with the VZ-B Vspec and it is really really fast, also i would not use the kingheadz extenders if you are going to use the losi or crt rims, i use them with the str rims that have zero offset. the reason that they make the extenders is for the unoffset rims like the str rims, just my opinion though.
Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.