Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITS SAD IM A NOOB AND NO ONE WILL HELP HOW IS THIS GREAT SPORT SPOSE TO GROW

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ITS SAD IM A NOOB AND NO ONE WILL HELP HOW IS THIS GREAT SPORT SPOSE TO GROW

GIVE ME HELP I NEED A REBUILD KIT FOR MY PICCO .12 RC/ SPEED AND NEEDLE SETTINGS
Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just to give you a heads up, starting a thread like this won't get you too far. no one likes people who demand help, especially if it's hard to tell if the person has tried to help themself before asking someone else. have you checked some of the online hobby shops for parts? which picco .12 is it? do you need an to replace the o-rings? piston and sleeve? bearings? connecting rod? crankshaft? giving information like this can help others to steer you in the right direction. however, titling the thread in a way that can come across as "poor me" probably won't get you the kind of attention you're looking for, assistance and otherwise. try amainhobbies.com for parts.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Well said Mr. Lancia!

It will be cheaper to buy a new one then it will be to rebuild that one and you will be better off for doing so.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can try www.teampicco.com
Old 05-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

I think rymster is off to good start here.

1. People on these forums need to understand where he is coming from. It is not our choice to help the noobs, it is our OBLIGATION.
We have to do it.
If we do not help rymster, he will become angry or sullen or both.

2. Demanding parts info on a forum is a strong move. Huevos grandes, my man. Way to represent.

3. Yelling at people by typing in all caps is the best way to make friends. (example: IF YOU GUYS DON'T START HELPING ME NOW I WILL INSULT ALL OF YOU BY IMPLYING THAT YOU NEED ME TO HELP YOUR HOBBY GROW AND YOU ARE ALL JERKS CUZ YOU ARE TREATING A POOR NOOB THIS WAY.)

BTW- this guy is not a kid or anything. He is 21.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhymster
GIVE ME HELP I NEED A REBUILD KIT FOR MY PICCO .12 RC/ SPEED AND NEEDLE SETTINGS
Being this is a older motor you can find a rebuild kit for it but it will take some looking around.
This motor was known for having problems so im not real sure if it's even rebuilding.
Piston/Sleeve and a Connecting Rod will cost about $65.00-90.00 depending on where it's purchased.
The Carb on these motor's were NIGHTMARE's.
Most guys removed it and applied a O.S. Carb.

If you want a new piston/sleeve and a conrod them Im sure we can help you find one IF THATS what you want.

What you need to do in the meantime is CHILL.Attitude like yours will get you no where.Being a Prick wont get you any deals and any help.

We need PICS of the motor so we know for SURE what we are dealing with.
Get pics and let us know if you really wanna try to fix this thing.

Biggest TIP I can give you.Find another motor.
The Earlier Picco's were nightmare's and this motor is about 5-6 yrs old.
At least 4.

Les
Old 05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

In all honesty.Im not real sure we WANT people like yourself in the hobby.
If your not smart enough at 21 yrs of age to simply do a search then maybe this hobby isnt for you anyway.

Here's the info you need.If they cant help you then I would say goodluck finding parts for a motor 5yrs or older.
It will be tricky and when you do find them I think after you hear the price you will want another motor anyway.

Instead of looking for parts for a DEADBEAT motor maybe see if anyone has a nice motor that's barely been used.
Helps when a motor is current or within 2-3 yrs if it's still being marketed.
This is ALOT smarter than what your trying to do.But being you couldnt do a simple search im not sure if you will be wise enough to make the right decision.

Here's that info that took me all of about 5 seconds to find.

www.werksracing.com is who you need to contact.
Open 9:00am till like 5:00pm.
Call them at 408-365-1000
Old 05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

since your a noob, tear apart that picco so you know how it works and goes together...then, throw it in the garbage. and again, since your a noob, run, not walk, to your nearest hobby shop and buy yourself an OS .12 CV. then get yourself a DuraTrax Stage II Performance head for the OS .12 CV. an O'Donnell head is the same thing if you can find one. if you think you need a new header and pipe, OS makes a great lilttle polished pipe that makes the CV scream. you'll just need to port the header a little to open it up (if you don't own one already, you'll need a dremel tool for this). here's everything you might need.....

OS .12 CV......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBZ14&P=7

DuraTrax head......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTC86&P=7

O'Donnell head......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDBY3&P=7

OS Pipe......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBFJ0&P=7

Associataed Header for .12 motor......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXSK36

Header Bolts for OS......http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3424&P=V

if you need a pipe coupler, Losi makes one of the best (and stickiest...so it doesn't slide off). it's part number LOSA9325 and sells for about $2.50.

if you buy the OS pipe, you'll also need some JB Weld to adhear the pressure nipple to the pipe. you can use either the quick set or the regular. you can buy it at AutoZone or almost anywhere else at auto parts or hardware stores.

http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS.....Adhesives.php

if you wanna spend the money and want a little polished bling on your CV, you can get yerself one of the kingheadz heads for your CV.

http://www.kingheadz.com

there are a ton of aftermarket head manufactures if there is something else that you perfer to run.

you'll also need a good airfilter. the one that comes with the CV is ok, but it's just that....ok. i strongly recommend the MotorSaver airfilter. Tower carries them also.

http://www.motorsaverfilters.com

here's a pic of my adam drake (1st edition). it has that OS set-up in it that i just showed you. trust me......it screams, and is waaaaaay more than capabable of running with the italian powered trucks.

here......that's more help (and detailed help at that) than anyone else was willing to give you...........now get to wrenchin' and stop yer
Attached Thumbnails ITS SAD IM A NOOB AND NO ONE WILL HELP HOW IS THIS GREAT SPORT SPOSE TO GROW-100_2666.1.jpg  

Last edited by dirtracer1; 05-16-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default thanks tony

i just wanted to say im not crying and complaining i have looked all over the internet for about a month now. And called a few hobby shops so i was really just hoping someone out there had this motor and had the same problem and for all u saying i am whining this was the only way i got a response i had put up 2 other threads with no responses at all so....
Old 05-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

and thank u to those that did try and help i really didnt know how old the motor was untill now.I
f u guys dont mind me askin another question what are your opinions on a balance of a fast performance motor and a good lifespan motor.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As far as small blocks go .18 and under you only need to know 2 letters.......

O.S. The CV set-up that the guy before posted sounds about right if you want more power go with a CV-R..... or maybe a TR, but beware with the TR you'll need a new exhaust system......
Old 05-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the info but im gettin tired of hearing about that trust me i tried to ask nicely scroll down and see my other thread THAT DIDNT GET ANSWERED so what was i spose to do keep the same thing up and get no answer's?
Old 05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

just because someone doesnt answer right away doesnt mean you wont get help. of they dont answer in a couple of days then bump it up
Old 05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The lifespan of a CV is about half that of the CV-R. But then again you can get a new piston/sleeve for the CV for 20 bux at tower hobbies. Can't beat that price. They are great little engines. I always have one for an extra motor.

CV's are cheap to buy, and cheap to fix. Tune super easy and are reliable. All that makes them IMO the perfect starter engine to learn tuning/wrenching on.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

do u know how much the cv-r cost's i was lookin at the sirio .12 s12-trp-af but i dont really want to go with the turbo head and plug's. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.