Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pro-squat

What effect does pro-squat on a car? Thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i never have used it but i believe it decreases traction to the rear of the car on power being that it limits weight transfer to the rear under acceleration.again,im not 100% on this because i never use it.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

I think that should be the other way round, pro-squat will actually encourage the car to sit down at the rear under acceleration so there should be a little more traction, although the car may feel a little less responsive to throttle inputs.

A disadvantage of pro-squat is that it will decrease the cars ability to ride the bumps because the wishbone is pointing towards them rather than away from them.

I've never seen any pro-squat used on a car, that's not to say you shouldn't try it out, might be the hot ticket at your track!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i agree with sosidge. ive tried pro squat on my fk05 and it didnt handle as well as anti squat. advice if you want more traction on rear. stiffer springs and antisquat is a good start, but one step at a time.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Lord

anti squat plants the rear on power.it loosens the car a little going ito the corner and plants the rear on exit.i use antisquat on my cyclone with the front spool for this reason and it works well.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hara and Yoshioka run pro-squat at last year Japanese national, I think it really depends on the track.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Prosquat is the exact opposite of antisquat.

Prosquat is exactly that, it promotes squat...it softens up the rear suspension. This gives more traction and will usually cause the car to push.

Antisquat stiffens up the rear suspension making the car looser. Anti squat makes it harder for the rear suspension to compress.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by koabich
Prosquat is the exact opposite of antisquat.

Prosquat is exactly that, it promotes squat...it softens up the rear suspension. This gives more traction and will usually cause the car to push.

Antisquat stiffens up the rear suspension making the car looser. Anti squat makes it harder for the rear suspension to compress.
When the car is under acceleration!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

I'm totally with Jason on this one.

Anti squat does prevent the suspension from squating, but it transfers more pressure directly to the tires. With this said, anti squat tends to free the car up going into the corner, but when you apply power it provides more forward traction, generally letting it hook up a little better.

Pro squat does let the suspension move more, thus transfering less pressure/weight directly to the tires. Pro squat has always freed up the car on power for me. It doesnt get the forward bite anti squat will produce.

Now lets say we are at neutral throttle.... anti squat might free up the car since it isnt letting weight sit in the back, and prosquat might hook it up a little better. Just depends on how you are using your throttle.

-Korey
Old 05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info and think I get the purpose of pro-squat. I figured I'd ask before tring the hara setup from the 04 nats.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

The short answer is:

Anti-squat
* increases rear grip off-power (corner entry) for a more stable and planted rear end
* decreases rear grip on-power (corner exit) for more steering

Pro-squat

* decreases rear grip off-power (corner entry) for more steering
* increases rear grip on-power (corner exit) for a more stable and planted rear end

For a more in-depth explanation and pics, see page 34 of the XRAY T2 Set-up Book.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

i strongly disagree on the antisquat.i have never tried prosquat so i cant really be sure on its total effect but i do run antisquat in my car and i achieved axactly the oposite of what you say.my car pushed like a dog on entry and was loose on exit.i added antisquat and got the off power steering i wanted and traction on power.excessive weight transfer or squat is absorbed by the shocks,with the antisquat it doesnt compress the shock as much based on the amount you run and it loads the tires under power.off power it seemed to transfer the weight off the rear tires more quickly and allow the car to turn.this adjustment was a night and day difference on my car.you cannot stop weight transfer.it is always there.all you can do is control where and how it is absorbed.

Last edited by protc3; 05-17-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i'm glad you all had the answers, cause i didn't know jack squat! good info guys!
Marshy2012 likes this.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Lord

i also find it interesting that it says that it is good for bumpy tracks.i tried it on my offroad buggy and it was undriveable over the bumps.the car shot all over the place.i went back to running the pins flat and problem was cured.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
The short answer is:

Anti-squat
* increases rear grip off-power (corner entry) for a more stable and planted rear end
* decreases rear grip on-power (corner exit) for more steering

Pro-squat

* decreases rear grip off-power (corner entry) for more steering
* increases rear grip on-power (corner exit) for a more stable and planted rear end

For a more in-depth explanation and pics, see page 34 of the XRAY T2 Set-up Book.
The book is actually backwards.
Per Ralph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.