Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CTXD or Spintec Battery manager

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default CTXD or Spintec Battery manager

Which of the two? Considering that the CTXD is only a little more expensive, and moreover discharges each cell individually at 30A, I'm inclined to get that, unless someone has something to say
Old 05-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a CTX-D and it works killer,I found a bad cell first time I hooked it up,the 30 amp pulse discharge works great the cells come off nice and cool.Most of the guys at our track have sold their Spintecs in favor of the CTX-D.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

There really is no comparison between the Spintec and the CTX-D.

The Spintec is a discharger/condtitioner, the CTX-D is an active equaliser with extra bells and whistles.

The CTX-D is the only discharger you would ever need.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Spintec is more of a conditioning discharger, whereas the CTX-D is an all-in-one device. However, the pulse discharge on the CTX-D is not the same as the Spintec
Old 05-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I have a CTX-D and it is great. There is a new version that is coming out. But you can upgrade the older unit.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I have a CTX-D and it is great. There is a new version that is coming out. But you can upgrade the older unit.
New unit? When and how much $$$?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

The ctx-d is a good discharger.... but just hope u dont have to send it in for service. MM has had mine for 2 months now
Old 05-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how about the team wave lightning tray. Works awsome!
http://www.teamwaveonline.com/main/Product
I think that team scream sells them in the states now.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtrcing
The ctx-d is a good discharger.... but just hope u dont have to send it in for service. MM has had mine for 2 months now
My CTX-D repair has taken over one month and still no sign. I am disappointed that I purchased a new CTX-D unit 6 weeks ago, it goes down in the first week I have it, I send it in for repairs (still don't have mine back) and now Team Much More is coming out with a CTX-D version 2 already. Why didn't they get my unit fixed and out the door before offering a new unit? And now if I want the new and improved version I have to pay $20.00 and send it back in (at my cost) for who knows how long . This is on a new product that just came out a two and half months ago. Talk about having to take it in the shorts from a company . It seems obivious to me that when this product came out originally it was only half baked, now I need to pay for the rest of the cooking. I should have never been sold the original faulty product in the first place. If Team Much More was as good a company as say Novak Electronics, they would upgrade the original faulty product for free and get it back to the original buyers ASAP, before they start selling the new units. I always felt Team Much More was a stand up company making quality, innovative products and I am sure the new version will work as advertised, but for those of us who purchsed the original version, we got hosed! I feel Team Much More really sold us a poor product and are now asking us to pay for their mistake.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D_o_S
New unit? When and how much $$$?
The CTXD2 are about 3 months out.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

I have never owned a ctxd, but i have a batman. Don't know what the dischargers do, but as long as my batteries feel fresh, that's all that matters for me in terms of performance.

But customer service, i must say spintec has out done anyone else for me. I bought a spintect second hand for someone... and during the shipping... the spintec was banged up , alligators clips crushed... bent heatsink etc... i sorta exploded on the spintect thread... and erik (owner of spintec) actually pm-ed me and told me to send it to spintec and they would fix it up for me.

2 weeks, and it was fixed, i think it was brand new infact! and i bought it second hand!!!! other companies wouldn't care sh*t since they already made the profit, but instead, they fixed it up for me... and they don't even know me... or anything about me...

so my opinion is... try the spintec first at least if it breaks or doesn 't work, there is someone to fix it for you, if it don't work then sell it (should be plenty of buyers) and take ur frd's ctx-d (if it isn't broken or back for repairs)
Old 05-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

I've only hear lousy service from MM.... Hopefully my power supply won't go on me.....

My LHS has decided not to bring in any MM stuff due to their poor customer service.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tsquare
My CTX-D repair has taken over one month and still no sign. I am disappointed that I purchased a new CTX-D unit 6 weeks ago, it goes down in the first week I have it, I send it in for repairs (still don't have mine back) and now Team Much More is coming out with a CTX-D version 2 already. Why didn't they get my unit fixed and out the door before offering a new unit? And now if I want the new and improved version I have to pay $20.00 and send it back in (at my cost) for who knows how long . This is on a new product that just came out a two and half months ago. Talk about having to take it in the shorts from a company . B]

The purpose behind your delay is certainly to arrange it so that you receive a true solution to your needed warranty repair/replacement. It is probably not in anyone's best interest to send you a unit that may become faulty again.

Some CTX-D's did indeed experience problems, but most of the CTX-D's out there are performing well as they should. Those in North America who want to update their working CTX-D will be able to do so for the $20 USD fee. Details about the exact upgrade process have not been formally released, yet.

Please email [email protected] with any specific questions behind your warranty service. Others, please do not hound James about the upgrade process; they will release this information when they have everything prepared.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
There really is no comparison between the Spintec and the CTX-D.

The Spintec is a discharger/condtitioner, the CTX-D is an active equaliser with extra bells and whistles.

The CTX-D is the only discharger you would ever need.
hey, im joining EP real soon....

can you please explain about
discharger - conditioner - active equaliser?
in terms of batery. (theory and fact)
Old 05-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I can tell you that I have the Cell master and the discharge tray as well as a few more items I still have to pick up and I have been super happy with everything. I think too many people were putting their batteries in the tray backwards before it was powered up and this caused it to go. I will send my tray back to get it upgraded later. For now I am very happy with the way it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.