Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Kodak ~

Good to hear that the engine is working out for you. Much better than the TZ, eh?

If you're going to tune by temp, keep it below 260 while you're practicing. In my experience, when you're pushing hard during race conditions, it may go slightly above that depending on how the temp/humidity changes by the time it's time for you to race. After a qualifier or race, take the temp as soon as possible to see where you're at. IMO, if you're above 270 after a race, you're starting to go too lean and you probably need to richen it a bit. If you're too lean, the engine will start to sound a certain way on throttle (really different - like a jerky "ha ha ha ha ha" or "hat hat hat hat" sound) and you should pull it off instead of continuing. Make sure to take the temp as soon as possible. If you accidentally go over 300, it's okay, but I wouldn't make it a habit.

Hope this helps.

BTW.. Are you tuning the idle/LSN using the Bobby Watson technique or are you using some other method?
Tell you the truth we are Using the PARIS method the idle PINCH fuel line method - seems to work a dream on the botom end s far, as for the top end i run it a tab rich, but did lean it a 1 hour before main A final to get the car bit more OOMMFFF!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Tell you the truth we are Using the PARIS method the idle PINCH fuel line method - seems to work a dream on the botom end s far, as for the top end i run it a tab rich, but did lean it a 1 hour before main A final to get the car bit more OOMMFFF!!!
If the pinch method works for you, then that's great.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
If the pinch method works for you, then that's great.
it seems to be working well enough, but i think 100% my clutch setup is wrong fr sure, this i need to work more on and try new setups as 1 meet of last round and its ready to be replaced!!!

Question: the email on Team Orion website does not work here, can someone please type the correct email so i can contact orion and see if i can order one of there clutches for the Team Magic G4S - id really wanna try and see if this clucth setup will live more than one meet!

cheers guys
Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Having a proper clutch setup isn't rocket science, but it requires that you have the right parts to start off with. There is a lot of clutch stuff out there but only little of it actually works properly.
I attended an EFRA race 1 week ago and we helped out some guys running CRF engines, their clutches were totally wrong and after we got them sorted out they had more power than they could handle.

If you are in the USA and you are having problems getting Team Orion parts, email Joel Johnson at [email protected]

Nano
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone know any online shops that keep the G4S clutch set ???

All the shops ive been to only have Serpent, Kyosho and Mugen.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
pass the piston all the way?i have 2 brand new crf piston/sleeve set
and noone of them do this.your engine is running good?[mine is really blog off]3 months before i had broke my crankcase in two pieces in a crashwhen the engine broken,the rpm went high and then the engine stoped,did the piston/sleeve was damaged from this?and something last,what is the stantard setting for the lsn in turns...?
My engine is working very well. I am still lost about setup, but thats for when pushing from corners. Only place that I have the CRF working very well is at the end of the straight ... hehe.

I took one shim (.1) from the head, using the Byron 20% here (some 1000m from sea level), looks like that will do it, waiting my transmiter back from Futaba tech, so I can test more.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

it seems to be working well enough, but i think 100% my clutch setup is wrong fr sure, this i need to work more on and try new setups as 1 meet of last round and its ready to be replaced!!!
Team Orion clutch setup is really your best bet. At a minimum, the Team Orion clutch shoe.

ORI88653 CRF Clutch Set Team Magic
ORI88663 CRF Shoe Team Magic

You have a PM as to who shows they have both in stock. Always good to have that extra shoe as well.

Question: the email on Team Orion website does not work here, can someone please type the correct email so i can contact orion and see if i can order one of there clutches for the Team Magic G4S - id really wanna try and see if this clucth setup will live more than one meet!
Best to call them up. Really.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Anyone know any online shops that keep the G4S clutch set ???

All the shops ive been to only have Serpent, Kyosho and Mugen.
The online shop I found it at shows limited quantities, so maybe Kodak can forward the info to you after he gets his order in.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

just got my kyosho crf and pipe today. looks good, only thing i am disapointed about is that the pipe and header is not chromed, also no stickers in the engine box

the heatsink colour doesn't look as ugly as i thought though
Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nano
Having a proper clutch setup isn't rocket science, but it requires that you have the right parts to start off with. There is a lot of clutch stuff out there but only little of it actually works properly.
I attended an EFRA race 1 week ago and we helped out some guys running CRF engines, their clutches were totally wrong and after we got them sorted out they had more power than they could handle.

If you are in the USA and you are having problems getting Team Orion parts, email Joel Johnson at [email protected]

Nano
Hey Nanao, if you have the time and i ask for all of us, if we could have a diagram pic of how do to a clucth setup!

this would help i thihnk everyone and with some nice photos of the process would be way cool once again!

I am happy to help but really would like to know the correct tip!

cheers
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Nanao, if you have the time and i ask for all of us, if we could have a diagram pic of how do to a clucth setup!

this would help i thihnk everyone and with some nice photos of the process would be way cool once again!

I am happy to help but really would like to know the correct tip!

cheers
i strongly encourage this, at least to show us how to set up using TM clutch system, with Team Orion clutch spring.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here in Switzerland I experienced the whole history of the CRF Engine. From the beginnings to now. Which showed up over the years is that the engine is very very difficult to adjust.
Turn carefully at the needles

greetz
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For any Aussie CRF users, keep in mind that the Orion importer has the clutch updates for most makes in stock. I got the one for the G4S and it worked very well. The update set includes the spring, weights and clutch shoe. Ask your LHS to contact HEI International if you want to get one locally.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Z00M
For any Aussie CRF users, keep in mind that the Orion importer has the clutch updates for most makes in stock. I got the one for the G4S and it worked very well. The update set includes the spring, weights and clutch shoe. Ask your LHS to contact HEI International if you want to get one locally.
i hear ya man, but to pay $35USD for clucth set then $33USD for shipping thats MURDER!!!!

cmon guys its a small item not a bag of GOLD - keep in mind this was a price from nine store in the US!

Zooom what ya pay for urs local? cheers
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

At least if you get it locally you can talk in A$ instead of US$ - And maybe even get some support!

I got mine in with other stuff so I don't know it's price. Check with your LHS, they can sort you out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.