Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nosram
Did Josh Cyrul use an Orion Wasp CRF in the A main at the 2007 Capitol Classic @ 301 Raceway, which was held earlier this month?
I heard He didn't use that motor during the Capitol Classic... and I believe he didn't use one during the Winter Nats either, but I could be wrong.... Funny, he hasn't posted on this thread for quite some time as well... If I'm wrong... I stand corrected...

RC_Alan
Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm...

Looks like the Kyosho CRF is already available in Japan as of June 21. Pro Shop Futaba has it listed on their Web site for ¥26880 ($217.69 USD). Description reads Team ORION #CRF80600 KYOSHO X312T

Kyosho Product Page (in English)
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/fun/specia...12t/index.html

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-25-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

that's a very sexy looking engine, too bad i already purchased an mr12 to1a, when i bought my v-one rrr, i had two engines to choose from, ninja and crf. I chose ninja.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kreamUNO
that's a very sexy looking engine, too bad i already purchased an mr12 to1a, when i bought my v-one rrr, i had two engines to choose from, ninja and crf. I chose ninja.
I was in the same boat mate, for the dollars i decided to go the CRF combo Josh Cyrul via RCMART.com - need one FAST for meet in 2 weeks, they deliver quick and happy in the price! Other stores out of stock on the MR Ninja T10A so maybe ill try that engine next time!

Pitty Wasp dont make a G4S combo package!!

Any real tips on breaking in this Engine when i get "WASP CRF"?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 AM

Frankie, just forget about classic break-in procedures stay wit what manuel says; put the car on the track and drive.. give 1-2 full throttle bursts for 1-2 sec.s per tank.. )

Asil
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
Frankie, just forget about classic break-in procedures stay wit what manuel says; put the car on the track and drive.. give 1-2 full throttle bursts for 1-2 sec.s per tank.. )

Asil
even better LOL so not even a bench idle tank LOL - hope i can tune this sucker OS was a easy

I guess i can only learn!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
even better LOL so not even a bench idle tank LOL - hope i can tune this sucker OS was a easy

I guess i can only learn!
Kodak,

Here is the manual with the break-in instructions.
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/faq/manuals/ori80000.pdf

For tuning, be sure to follow Bobby Watson's (aka impalabob64) instructions for setting the LSN and idle. It's (here). IMO, the key to successfully running the engine is to be sure the idle comes down after coming off throttle. If it doesn't, you'll have issues.

Also, here are the default carb settings for the updated engine, just in case it's not in the box. http://www.teamorion.com/FAQ/Wasp+Rev+CRF+Tuning

And with the G4S, make sure you bring some extra clutch shoes, just in case you experience some excessive wear.

Just FYI.. This isn't tuned and doesn't run like an OS. If you get the settings right, it's very fast. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Kodak,

Here is the manual with the break-in instructions.
http://www.teamorion.com/orion/faq/manuals/ori80000.pdf

For tuning, be sure to follow Bobby Watson's (aka impalabob64) instructions for setting the LSN and idle. It's (here). IMO, the key to successfully running the engine is to be sure the idle comes down after coming off throttle. If it doesn't, you'll have issues.

Also, here are the default carb settings for the updated engine, just in case it's not in the box. http://www.teamorion.com/FAQ/Wasp+Rev+CRF+Tuning

And with the G4S, make sure you bring some extra clutch shoes, just in case you experience some excessive wear.

Just FYI.. This isn't tuned and doesn't run like an OS. If you get the settings right, it's very fast. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
cheers champ, soon as i get ill tinker the sucker at local track with some experience tuners, see if we can get it running like all say ROCKET SHIP!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
cheers champ, soon as i get ill tinker the sucker at local track with some experience tuners, see if we can get it running like all say ROCKET SHIP!!!
yo kodak, let us know how it runs coz i still have a problem with my 06 version. and u oso running G4S. haha...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

anyone try use orion spring to other engine,how is performance,compare to Kfactory which one better,thank
Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnhsp
anyone try use orion spring to other engine,how is performance,compare to Kfactory which one better,thank
The CRF spring will work with a lot of engines and clutches.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

how about the Team orion clutch shoe? anyone knows if its better than K-factory ones for G4S?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Nano
The CRF spring will work with a lot of engines and clutches.
how about performance,better then other spring
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

What do you mean by performance of the spring? a clutch is an assembly of parts, so the spring itself can't fix everything if the rest is wrong.
The CRF spring is a high-performance spring anyhow, it's all we use.

The shoe and the weights are made out of high-grade materials, a clutch using CRF parts which is properly assembled will give high-performance, long lifespan, reliabilty and stability throughout the use.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

The downside is most online shops dont carry the CRF clutch set for the G4S
The clutch spring should be good and similar to the Mugen super hard spring.
But like Nano said its a combination of clutch parts and most importantly the setup of the clutch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.