Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

NANO~ Is there and new CRF .12 models coming in the next 3 months. Got the Australian Nationals in October so getting thing organised. If nothing I'll go ahead and get the Discovery Set. Currently running the Cyrul combo with good results so sticking with the CRF's and wouldn't mind running/trying the new pipe.

Cheers
Old 06-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by arr see car
NANO~ Is there and new CRF .12 models coming in the next 3 months. Got the Australian Nationals in October so getting thing organised. If nothing I'll go ahead and get the Discovery Set. Currently running the Cyrul combo with good results so sticking with the CRF's and wouldn't mind running/trying the new pipe.

Cheers
The Kyosho X312T engine can be called new, it has a few updates, following Kyosho's requests.
From Team Orion we currently have the Discovery set (06 updated engine, pipe, crf clutch parts and big carb insert) and the 07 engine (full power spec).

Nano
Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

If I get the discovery set I dont get the 07engine? How can you tell which is which? and where can I get the 07 sopec engine?

Cheers
Old 06-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
If I get the discovery set I dont get the 07engine? How can you tell which is which? and where can I get the 07 sopec engine?

Cheers
With the Discovery set you get an updated 06. Considering you get the pipe and other stuff it's a really good deal.

CRF.21 off-road engine running

http://www.rcmag.com/modules.php?nam...=149033#149033
Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nano,

i need help with my old wasp. problem is it tend to overheat no matter how u tune it. the highest i experienced was 160oC which makes me so worried. i tried everything, Mixture 1/2, LSN 4.5, HSN 6. with this setting, it runs ok for the 1st few rounds, with very lean LSN, but then temperature shoots up after a few round. i spent around 2 weeks tuning this stupid engine. do i really need to buy those upgraded new parts in order for this engine to boost???? coz its driving me crazy with this engine.

here are my clutch setting
Clutch Gap : 0.3
End Play : 0.1-.015
Clutch Spring : KFactory 1.8mm Hard spring with less coil
Car : TM G4S
Clutch Shoe and centrifugal : Stock with 2 weights each in the ufo
Spring tension : 1.2
Plug : OS 6

if nothing we can do, i m thinking of selling it away coz i can't tune it. will replacing OS carb really help in this situation?

it would be appreciated if you could advise on the needle setting for me to fine tune a little, else, i m really stuck. thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

nano,

i need help with my old wasp. problem is it tend to overheat no matter how u tune it. the highest i experienced was 160oC which makes me so worried. i tried everything, Mixture 1/2, LSN 4.5, HSN 6. with this setting, it runs ok for the 1st few rounds, with very lean LSN, but then temperature shoots up after a few round. i spent around 2 weeks tuning this stupid engine. do i really need to buy those upgraded new parts in order for this engine to boost???? coz its driving me crazy with this engine.

here are my clutch setting
Clutch Gap : 0.3
End Play : 0.1-.015
Clutch Spring : KFactory 1.8mm Hard spring with less coil
Car : TM G4S
Clutch Shoe and centrifugal : Stock with 2 weights each in the ufo
Spring tension : 1.2
Plug : OS 6

if nothing we can do, i m thinking of selling it away coz i can't tune it. will replacing OS carb really help in this situation?

it would be appreciated if you could advise on the needle setting for me to fine tune a little, else, i m really stuck. thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Have you checked the exhaust seal? Or is there a leak in the carb or fuel or the pressure pipe?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CRF

CHANGE TO A #7 PLUG ,YOU NEED TO START RICHENING THE BOTTOM ONE MARK AT A TIME ,HERE IS HOW I RUN MY CRF ,YOU WANT TO START IT OUT WITH THE TEMP AROUND 198 DEGRESS, DO ABOUT 4 HOT LAPS IF THE RPMS STAY UP WHEN YOU COME RICHEN THE LSN FIRST THEN DO THREEMORE HOT LAPS, AFTER YOU SHOULD BE AROUND 225/230 AGIAN GO TO A #7 PLUG.HOPE THIS HELPS.SORRY GUYS BEEN AWAY FROM THE FORUM,JUST MOVED INTO MY NEW HOUSE.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Uniquexme, I think that your main problem is that your clutch setup is all wrong for this engine.

You need a very hard spring like the crf one, also with the crf parts I was using 0.5 gap and 1.9mm preload.

I am sure that your clutch is sticking way to early or working in a way that puts load on the engine at the wrong rpm range. This will overheat the engine very easily and make it impossible to tune.

Nano
Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nano
Uniquexme, I think that your main problem is that your clutch setup is all wrong for this engine.

You need a very hard spring like the crf one, also with the crf parts I was using 0.5 gap and 1.9mm preload.

I am sure that your clutch is sticking way to early or working in a way that puts load on the engine at the wrong rpm range. This will overheat the engine very easily and make it impossible to tune.

Nano
thanks everyone, i think i will try to buy the CRF spring and see if it helps. wow nano, spring tension u tightened it down to 1.9mm. hmm. okok.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

uniquexme - hey, did you try tightening down the kfactory black spring to 1.6+. I have the kfactory setup too, but I have not ran the car yet due to school work and etc. I really like to know if the ufo clutch works with engine =).
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok, i will try to tighten it down to 1.6+ to see how, as its the only stuffs i have in my hand, but i will oso get the orion super hard spring next month. thanks guys.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uniquexme
ok, i will try to tighten it down to 1.6+ to see how, as its the only stuffs i have in my hand, but i will oso get the orion super hard spring next month. thanks guys.
Fact is that it's not only the spring, it's also about the weights, the shoe and the gap you use. Using a stiffer spring will help, but might not solve all your problems.

Also bear in mind that because the CRF spring is longer, on the G4, I had to use a 0.8mm spacer between the flywheel and flywheel nut to lengthen the distance between the flywheel and flywheel nut extremity, otherwise you can screw the adjust nut on the flywheel nut.

Nano
Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Nano

if i using orion spring i need tight how many (mm),now i tight 1.0mm only,enought or not
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JanisK
Yellow spring is ~9,8mm
Crf clutch spring (ORI88680) is ~8.1mm
I found crf clutch spring to be a bit softer than k-factory black spring, and bit harder than yellow spring
This is how i see it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.