Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ah Ok direct with teamorion. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
I have bought the crf in a josh cyrul kit,with 2626 pipe,muffler and a clutch kit for rrr.i cant unterstand if this is the old or the new motor.his code is ori80000.it has o.1 and 0.3 shims in the head.the manual say tha the main indle mast set in 5.5 turns.the manual in the new one is different?what are the codes of the new parts?

The Josh Cyrul version is the updated version with the new carb parts. So relax and enjoy.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

I am about to receive a CRF, but it's the od carb thats coming. Is it imperative to get the updated version ? For better performance, or durability ?
Or the new disign only make it easier to tune the engine ?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
I am about to receive a CRF, but it's the od carb thats coming. Is it imperative to get the updated version ? For better performance, or durability ?

I have seen 3 of the "older" versions here at our local track and they are ballistic. Two of the motors belong to one person and he told me that he has never touched the low end needle unless it is absolutely neccesary.
After 3 tanks he started to lean out the top end needle and they are both fast! If you feel you will need the newer carb parts then go ahead, try the motor out without the updated carb parts and see how it works....good luck.

Oh, his pipe of choice is a skyline vr12 at this time. Orion #6 plug.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CRF

Just change the hs needle holder ,i prefer the older carb because i,ve learned to fine tune the motor with old carb.Even on the Murnan CRF.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
I know a guy that is doing quite well with the old carb parts and he has no intention of getting the new ones. If you have a lot of experience with tuning engines, you may get the same results as well. If you find that you're having trouble tuning the engine or you're not getting the performance you should be, the new parts would be worth a try. Make sure you try different pipes and think about the Team Orion clutch parts as well. They will also factor into the equation.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:44 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nano
Nice to see you guys enjoying your engines, congrats!

B4 what clutch setup did you use? and what about you Zoom?
Nano,

Using the CRF clutch for the Serpent with two weights. 1mm spring preload & 0.6mm end play.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Nano,

I don't have a lot of choice with fuel locally, is Byron 16% OK with the CRF engine?

Cheers, Mark
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Diesel Racer
Hi Nano,

I don't have a lot of choice with fuel locally, is Byron 16% OK with the CRF engine?

Cheers, Mark
It should work, but from our experience, Byron is not the fuel giving the best results.

Nano
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nano
It should work, but from our experience, Byron is not the fuel giving the best results.

Nano
So what are the best or acceptable fuels to use with this engine???
Old 02-21-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Good quality fuel is critical for the engine's performance.
There are many factors that make the quality of the fuel. Nitro percentage is only a part of it. The quality of each component that constitutes the fuel makes it a good fuel or an average fuel.

The CRF engine is not more sensitive to fuel quality than other engines. Because it has less friction than other engines, it needs less oil. Using fuel with a lot of oil will mean that you are filling your tank with oil instead of fuel that can be used by the engine to give you more performance and more runtime.

It's hard to be super specific because each continent kind of has it's own fuels. In Europe it would be fuels manufactured by Meccamo (like the Peak and Team Orion fuels) and Runner Time fuel. In USA O'Donnel is a good choice.

There are probably other good fuels out there but we can't test all of them.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

What about Sidewinder 30% ? Have you seeing that used on the CRF ?

Thanks for the input guys ! I am relly looking forward to screeming this power plant on the straight !
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

From our past experience, the Sidewinder fuel had too much oil in it and the fuel coloration made deposits inside the engine.

However I do not know how today's Sidewinder fuel is.

Generally speaking if you use a fuel with too much oil, the engine will work fine, but not be as fast and your runtime will be shorter.

Nano
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

What % oil content is advised ???

For 16% nitro and 30% nitro for our US counterparts.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

As stated before the CRF engine, because of it's Nicasil plating and the fact that there is almost no friction between the piston and liner, requires less oil to run.

Our Team Orion/Peak fuel has 8% of oil, however the "oil" is in reality a mixture of several lubricants.

Therefore depending on the type of lubricants used in your fuel, using different fuels with the same "oil" percentage can give different results.

Nano

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.