Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i just thaught it was funny Zoom. i was actually looking in this tread to see why Cyrul, wasnt able to match it in the worlds ? i saw the 2 posts and thaught it was ironic. all the engines are broken from the engine mounts. as he didnt type anything, i actually took it as if he was trying to say, hey this isnt just a team orion problem ? but thats how i took it. and by saying that, for someone who doesnt have a team orion motor, it saved grace a little. if it was a problem with the motors i think more people would be posting the same sort of pics. may be a freakish one off, or a casting problem ? i know ive bent a few finns on my cooling heads, but man , if this is whats going to happen on a big hit, on the right angle at the right time, and when the sun is out ? then im gonna try and stay a lot cleaner and back off a bit. i dont want to see this on one of my motors either. seeya sunday
Old 09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Charlie: So what were your final settings? Did you continue using the 7 plug?

Thanks! Just comparing notes.
I have not run the car since last weekend. Next chance I get is Sat if the weather holds up.
I will go back to the 6 hi 4 low and start again from there. I only have 7 plugs left. Maybe a used 6 but have to check. I only use the crf plugs. My lhs got the engine but no parts unless I as then it is still a battle. I will keep you informed.
Regards
Old 09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Chuckmando are you bringing that missile to Bridgeports Region 1 Warmup this sunday? If so bring the 8th cuz I'm comin over.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hey Chuckmando are you bringing that missile to Bridgeports Region 1 Warmup this sunday? If so bring the 8th cuz I'm comin over.
Hey there(Honeymooners),
Not quite sure, couldn't get time to test all this weekend, inlaws on sat and my mothers birthday on sun. This sunday is my aniversary. I will be playing this weekend by ear, plus there could be a good chance of rain as of this morning. I will let you know. If not I will try FB on Sat.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z00M
I'm not sure why M7H posted those pics here. It's not the same thing to have a 1/8th scale engine which is exposed to have a broken crank case. The pic I posted is actually relevant to this thread as it is an Orion engine and it is protected inside a touring car body shell.

It would be great if the Orion guys at the worlds could shed some light on the circumstances surrounding this breakage. Was it a freak accident where the body got ripped off and the engine made contact with something or is it a shock fracture without the engine hitting something?
The car was upside down on the main straight and was hit by another car who was at full noise down the straight on the side of the car where the engine is closest to the rear window. Anything taking a hit at that speed is bound to break it had nothing to do with the engine being faulty. Both cars were utterly destroyed.

Regards Alastair
Old 09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quozl
The car was upside down on the main straight and was hit by another car who was at full noise down the straight on the side of the car where the engine is closest to the rear window. Anything taking a hit at that speed is bound to break it had nothing to do with the engine being faulty. Both cars were utterly destroyed.

Regards Alastair
ID SAY
Old 09-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

If not mistaken I saw the engine in the video clip on Sgrid.Was from fellow South African ,Gary Baldwins car.
Might be wrong about above but engine broke neat across crankcase.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
If not mistaken I saw the engine in the video clip on Sgrid.Was from fellow South African ,Gary Baldwins car.
Might be wrong about above but engine broke neat across crankcase.
Yes it was Gary's car
Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has somebody a video of Josh passing other driver in the straight with his CRF engine ?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

During the week-end in Italy on the Sirio testing track the CRF engine has been measured at 106.7 kmh which is 3.7 kmh faster than any other team engines.
Has anyone any speed results from other tracks ? We saw the Sirio engines which are sold to the public going at 95-98 kmh for the best and the one used by Tossolini at the worlds going 103.00
Old 10-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barclayrc
During the week-end in Italy on the Sirio testing track the CRF engine has been measured at 106.7 kmh which is 3.7 kmh faster than any other team engines.
Has anyone any speed results from other tracks ? We saw the Sirio engines which are sold to the public going at 95-98 kmh for the best and the one used by Tossolini at the worlds going 103.00
I think it's the car that went 106.7 kmh. The engine just powers the thing. Was this a controlled test or people just playing around? What car, gearing, tires, fuel, plug, pipe, etc, etc... Also, temp, humidity, altitude, etc.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I think it's the car that went 106.7 kmh. The engine just powers the thing. Was this a controlled test or people just playing around? What car, gearing, tires, fuel, plug, pipe, etc, etc... Also, temp, humidity, altitude, etc.

errrrr... if you took the engine out it will do 0mph so think the engine did have something to do with the top speed

Old 10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345

errrrr... if you took the engine out it will do 0mph so think the engine did have something to do with the top speed

You know what I mean.

I image it could go even faster going downhill in a strong wind. JK! JK!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

It might have been the fastest but did it win the race?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

So this week-end we had a little fun going to italy and creating a little trouble^^ http://www.teamorion.com/News/ca40/newsid/132

Yes the engine was the fastest at the track and yes it won the race. Engine ran good from the start and retained it's EFRA rules conformity when all the other top drivers were using handpicked, prepared, outlaw (and whatever else) motors. We had 3 engines running there and they were easily in the 5 fastest engines on the track (including top fastest of course)

One of our competitors felt threathened enough that he pulled out his world championships engines, but we still managed to top them in performance.

All the drivers used our clutch parts too.
Attached Thumbnails Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results-winner-small-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.