Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Trinity X Stock motor. >

New Trinity X Stock motor.

New Trinity X Stock motor.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The stack length is .870. There is a groove down the center of the armature where the drill balance slot used to be. The groove looks like one triangle part of a X....hence the name.

Most all of the ones I have built have been around 28-29000 rpm at the 5.0 torque step. Which is pretty close to what a roar stock was. But the wattage is for the most part 140-145 at the 9.0 step. Thats about 5 watts higher than most Roar stocks were.

EA
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A buddy of mine picked up a few Ea's last week.. he ran his for practice and said it is the shiznit.. Normally fast guys starts about 6.7 and end around 7.1-7.2 or so.. he said this motor started right in the 6.7 range, and at the 6 minute mark he was still pulling 7.2's.. Said it didnt fall of at all..Looks hot so far..

365 foot tri oval, banked asphalt track.. with cap tires..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

With F brushes they look better on the Dyno than a CO27. I am gonna run one this Weekend to do some testing as the Dyno is really only a reference.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Dave,
Been running one here....its a rocket, basically gear it like a roar stock, maybe 1 tooth down.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Thanks Stephen
Old 07-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Difference Between The Monster,ROAR and X Stock

Due to some confusion, I'll try to describe the difference between the Monster, ROAR and X Stock.

The Monster and Epic/Roar stocks utilized the same lamination. If you look at the lamination profile, for lack of a better term, it has a 'shark fin' profile at the center of the crown. The differences are:

-Monster Stock has a 40 lamination arm, with a .275" gap between the upper and lower segements.
-Epic/Roar Stock has a 36 lamination arm, with a .325" gap between the upper and lower segements.

-The X Stock utilizes an entirely different lamination profile. In laymans terms, the 'Shark fin' is more pronounced, with a deeper and wider recess behind the Shark Fin...more material has been removed. Also, the tips of the laminations are .010" closer together than the laminations used in the Monster/Epic stocks.

Jeff Cuffs has been testing this for quite sometime, and I believe has posted his on-track results...

Hope this helps eliminate some confusion.

Regards,
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Old 07-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Todd... thanks for the info... BUT... you didnt answer the big question... which one is the fastest in a touring car or 12th scale?