Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
? on radio/servos >

? on radio/servos

? on radio/servos

Old 05-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default ? on radio/servos

I am thinking about changing from my JR XS3 to either a JR R-1 or Futaba PK3 and Spektrum....I thought i read somewhere that some servos wont work with some radios. I have a JR digital right now, will I run into any problems if I go with the 3PK? Its a good bit cheaper than the JR and thats always a plus lol.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

JR R1 is outdated, the current one is Z1. also the current 3PK is 3PKS
Old 05-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

I thought the z1 was the new one but it didnt look like right when i typed it and didnt feel like looking it up lol. the synth doesnt concern me though because I am really wanting to go spektrum.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new92
I thought the z1 was the new one but it didnt look like right when i typed it and didnt feel like looking it up lol. the synth doesnt concern me though because I am really wanting to go spektrum.
I'm in the same boat as you, looking to DSM. But I do not like the feel or looks of the Spektrum radio... So I'm looking at the KoPro EX-10 with out a module and get the Spektrum DSM module for the EX-10. The EX-10 and Z1 are the same radio made by the same company (JR)... It would nice if JR would offer the Z1 with a DSM module, since they are owned by the same company (JR and Spektrum).

Just a thought for you...

PS> Because of the new Pro line and micro receiver that Spektrum just came out with, I'm waiting on the sidelines again, until this hits the market... What I like the most about the Pro line is it is "fuel restaint"...
Old 05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My ? with the Pro version of the Spektrum is, are the old recievers going to be compatible? I have 2 of the old ones and I don't want to have to buy 2 extra PRO recievers when the new unit comes out. If that is the case, I will just stay with the standard version.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new92
I am thinking about changing from my JR XS3 to either a JR R-1 or Futaba PK3 and Spektrum....I thought i read somewhere that some servos wont work with some radios. I have a JR digital right now, will I run into any problems if I go with the 3PK? Its a good bit cheaper than the JR and thats always a plus lol.
I went from a JR XS3 Synthesized to a Ko Propo Helios EX-10 with the Spektrum Module and have never looked back. I run JR, Ko Propo, Futabe and Hitec sercvos with the system, all without a problem. I would stay away from the JR R-1 radio, it's old and not widely used. The Ko Propo Helios EX-10 is state of the art, highly adjustable, lite, programs easy and Robert in Ko Propo customer service is teriffic.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know any of the names in Airtronics customer, because I have never had to send it in.