Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys, i was just wondering if all the parts from the cyclone fit on the cyclone S? Also can you get aluminium or steel centre shaft pulleys? Instead of the plastic ones.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4
Hi guys, i was just wondering if all the parts from the cyclone fit on the cyclone S? Also can you get aluminium or steel centre shaft pulleys? Instead of the plastic ones.

Thanks
All cyclone parts are interchangable with the cyclone S. So yes you can get the alloy center shaft pullies.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:40 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for that mate. Also what is the internal ratio of the S? What spur and pinion should i use to get around 5.3?

Cheers
Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tc4
Thanks for that mate. Also what is the internal ratio of the S? What spur and pinion should i use to get around 5.3?

Cheers
Internal Ratio is 2.4375, not sure what you mean by 5.3 but this place has some cool ways to work various things out. Hope this helps.

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default wanna run a stock class racer

My RC:

This is Cyclone S! in coming event, a good upgrade would be to get parts of the pro 5/6cell packs battery, high end-motor and some alumum parts for my sweet Cyclone 'S' (MOD SPEC).

Last edited by FARBES; 01-09-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

It looks good. The optional springs and sway bars will help.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
It looks good. The optional springs and sway bars will help.
MD, thank you! I JUST wondering if universal part of any ae, serpert, corally, losi's SWAY BARS can fit on Cyclone S? Because HPI PRO4's sway bars wont fit on Cyclone s.

See the aluminium purple shocks and nuts from HPI PRO4 that I put parts on cyclone s.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Some of the parts are from the Pro 4. The "C" hubs and steering knuckles are pro 4 parts among others. I don't know if Losi sway bars will fit, but I doubt it. Sway bars are not too expensive. I don't know if you're considering running any of the HPI/HB Challenge Series. If you are they have a box stock and rtr class for the Cyclone "S" and Sprint 2. You may want to take a look at all the classes. If you run the box stock class, options are not allowed except for tires and bodies.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

I bought the small cut-off wheels from walmart, about 15 bucks.

I removed rear bumper and cut tail off. It prevent from break or crack if my rc car's rear bumper hit on curb/ wall so hard or bump to hit car's rear bumper on pavement/ street so hardly.

I hope this solve issues.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
Some of the parts are from the Pro 4. The "C" hubs and steering knuckles are pro 4 parts among others. I don't know if Losi sway bars will fit, but I doubt it. Sway bars are not too expensive. I don't know if you're considering running any of the HPI/HB Challenge Series. If you are they have a box stock and rtr class for the Cyclone "S" and Sprint 2. You may want to take a look at all the classes. If you run the box stock class, options are not allowed except for tires and bodies.
MD, In events, I would throw me into stock class racer. I actually live in Nor*Cal ( Sacramento ). I found the track at roseville, Ca nearly Sacramento about 13 miles from my home.

I will look the sway bars online for my cyclone 'S'. but I notice in USA, the Cyclone hop up parts is hard find right now. I hope to find the sway bars and hop ups somewhere in USA.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:16 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Farbes - One way I've used to find parts is to simply Google the part number. You usually have to use the manufacturer prefix like HPI or HB before the number. Tower carries some Hot Bodies and HPI hop ups, also Stormer hobbies. I have the sway bars, but I don't remember if I got them from Tower or Stormer or some place else. That's what happens when you're a senior citizen. One of the easiest ways is to call your local hobby shop and see if they can order it. Just give them the part number. Sway bars are not too expensive. Good luck. I like that Dremel attachment. When I bought my Cyclone "S" used, the bumper had been broken off and a corner of the chassis with it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone uses this on carpet with rubber tires? How does it perform? Wanted to get one for the HPI challenge and to run on asphalt over the summer. Thought I might use it the rest of the carpet season if it does OK.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys,

Have anyone tried to use a Tamiya front one-way on Cyclone S? Do they actually fit as they just seem to be almost the same?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
MD
Tech Champion

or8ital - I've some practices with Tale-Offs on carpet that I would consider to be medium to high traction and it hooks up well.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pole_position
Guys,

Have anyone tried to use a Tamiya front one-way on Cyclone S? Do they actually fit as they just seem to be almost the same?

Thanks!
If you are trying to skimp dollars and not buy a genuine oneway pole_position note do not even try to run the one way unless you upgrade the centre pulley.
The plastic pulleys will strip on the first meet (unless you are running something really soft like a silvercan 540 motor).
Upgrading the pulley you will also need to change over the centre shaft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.