US Indoor Champs 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Indoor Champs 2006

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

barry.. your my hero. i heard your golf is good too.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Since there are the same number of 1/12th classes and 1/10th classes, alternate them. Then there might be back to back drivers in the mains, but never with the same chassis.

And to space out the mains, I would run the B right before the A. Sometimes the B's are better than the A's. Then all those #$%^ that made the B and didn't race might actually race their main.

I could write the On Screen schedule program if they want me to.

P.S. Stormer - I used to sponsor Barry, but when he comes up for the Novak race there will be trouble
Yeah that TC Stock B was fun to watch wasn't it? We just kinda messed around because there were only 5 of us...

One thing that definitely needs to be worked on is announcements. I am fairly certain that the reason many of the mains were sparse in the morning was because it was announced that the mains would start at 7 AM at 1 AM...during the 12th mod B or A heat, I forget. Half the people in the building were already asleep by then. After a whole day of saying 8 AM, maybe they should've just stuck with it if they weren't going to correct it till 7 hours before-hand.

Other than that, another great champs. I had a lot of fun as usual. Like everyone, I hope to see improvements next year, but I'll still be back.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I wanted to tun my touring B main. I got my car ready the night before. I even charged a battery the night before just in case I woke up late and didnt have time to charge one in the morning. I was simply so exhausted I slept through the alarm. Besides, I needed the sleep so that I could drive home safely Sunday night. My opinion is the mains should be run as they were in years past, just alternate touring and 1/12. Stock touring, stock 1/12, masters touring, masters 1/12, and so on. That way there should never be a reason to have to wait for anybody. If they are in back to back mains (or qualifiers), they can have both their cars ready before hand. I believe this is a much better option than the way the mains were run.

Anyway, I look forward to next years race.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfirsching
I wanted to tun my touring B main. I got my car ready the night before. I even charged a battery the night before just in case I woke up late and didnt have time to charge one in the morning. I was simply so exhausted I slept through the alarm. Besides, I needed the sleep so that I could drive home safely Sunday night. My opinion is the mains should be run as they were in years past, just alternate touring and 1/12. Stock touring, stock 1/12, masters touring, masters 1/12, and so on. That way there should never be a reason to have to wait for anybody. If they are in back to back mains (or qualifiers), they can have both their cars ready before hand. I believe this is a much better option than the way the mains were run.

Anyway, I look forward to next years race.
The last two years I ran the Champs I brought my pits down to the ballrom because my two mains were very close. I actually had to start charging right about when i was in my first race. So its possible to race back to back-you just need to be flexible and prepared.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quite a few people in the A mains had tables setup behind the bleachers on the Tech side of the room this year. Not for full blown wrenching, but enough for chargers, soldering irons, tweak boards, etc.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
you are right and wrong I'll explain a little one your not counting the boards under the subfloor or the carpet which is how it is thought of.normally unlike this year we usually sell the carpet at the end of the race it recover some of the cost which believe isn't cheap by any means.That being said we are still looking into it but believe between the carpet and boards we are looking at around 10,000.now the only problem with what you are talking is I don't think boards would be flat enough when they are flipped but we very well might try something like that if it will work.Also keep in mind we are not saying we are not going to glue down next year or not we more then likely will but we are looking into ways to make cheaper is all.like talking to home depot to maybe help us out a little is all nothing wrong with that.
I don't think you guys actually pay for carpet do you? The way you shred it up I'm suprised anyone would want it. That's a mute point.

As for not being able to use it two years in a row by flipping it over... It can't be any worse than what we ran on this year.

I'm not trying to bash you guys, but just because its the oldest hotel race doesn't mean you can tell your "customers" we are the oldest race so deal with the bumps and quit whining.

I would be willing to pay a few bucks more to have a flat track to race at and I'm sure everyone else would to. I think you guys need to quit trying to defend why you AREN'T willing to spend money and spend your time MAKING it right for next year.

The racers only put up with this kind of stuff for so long. It is the Indoor Champs that will ultimately lose. There are too many other races to go to now...

I was glad to see you guys step up and have more coverage this year that was a plus. So congrats on that...

I will be back next year I just hope the issues are resolved.

Michael
Old 12-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well since I'm making a pain of myself anyways.

Please do something about your steps on the driver stand.

Two people fell last year b/c of them. One of which was me and I was out of work for 3 months. I missed the whole race weekend too because of it. EA was the other that fell when the steps collapsed last year and he's not a big boy. I'm a big boy and that's my problem, but again you had the same set of steps. Which was already Pre-bent on one of the legs for this year and it rocked back and forth. At the minimum at least attach the steps with a clamp or something to the stand so that its at least sturdy. I believe there are quite a few horizontally challenged individuals that would appreciate it. That's only a $5 fix I'll even donate the money for the c brackets and screws LOL

Thanks

Michael

Last edited by Tempest2000; 12-01-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doug D
Brandon - What will be the next FantasyRC event?
I think the Novak race will be the next FRC event. There will be other events on LiveRC before then, but only a select group of large events will be part of Fantasy RC.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Regardless of all the chatter both good and bad. I know I'll make every attempt to attend once again next year. I have total faith that Mr. Bill and Bill941 will do everything in their power to ensure that all problems are resolved for everyone by the time November rolls around next year.

Now, what was it someone mentioned about Eli "cherry picking"? Master's wouldn't be the same without him! Who else could we pick on??
Old 12-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I don't think you guys actually pay for carpet do you? The way you shred it up I'm suprised anyone would want it. That's a mute point.

As for not being able to use it two years in a row by flipping it over... It can't be any worse than what we ran on this year.

I'm not trying to bash you guys, but just because its the oldest hotel race doesn't mean you can tell your "customers" we are the oldest race so deal with the bumps and quit whining.

I would be willing to pay a few bucks more to have a flat track to race at and I'm sure everyone else would to. I think you guys need to quit trying to defend why you AREN'T willing to spend money and spend your time MAKING it right for next year.

The racers only put up with this kind of stuff for so long. It is the Indoor Champs that will ultimately lose. There are too many other races to go to now...

I was glad to see you guys step up and have more coverage this year that was a plus. So congrats on that...

I will be back next year I just hope the issues are resolved.

Michael
Ok I think you are misunderstanding we want it fixed more then you believe me and it will be period I don't care what it takes trust me on that but we are trying all options.I race 1/12 so I know what a pain it was.I would never tell anyone to just deal with it anyone that has talk to me in person can tell you that.I agree on the steps by the way I think I will end up building some wood steps before next year.I am not small either 240-250 not huge but those steps suck bad. So consider that one fixed.What I want to do is use mdf for the track and glue it also.This new carpet seems to just not work the same as the older stuff or something.But keep in mind guys we are here because of guys the racers I and everyone else knows that completely.You wanted stuff fixed last year we did a pretty good job I think working on it.I know no race is perfect period everyone has room to improve we atleast try to do that.

Last edited by bill941; 12-01-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
Now, what was it someone mentioned about Eli "cherry picking"? Master's wouldn't be the same without him! Who else could we pick on??
Uhhhhh, Piersol, Starkey, Frank, yourself, there's plenty of people left to pick on......
Old 12-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

CypressMidWest:

Hi,

Why don't just pick on John for.........lets say 364 days then pick on the rest..

Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Tim, old buddy old pal!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

John:

Hi,

anything for you ............John!!!!!!

Thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like to know if anyone will be posting the cars, motors, batteries, esc's etc. for the A-main drivers. I can't be the only one who's curious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.