Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which charger is better- ICE or Cell Master

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which charger is better- ICE or Cell Master

Hi all, I m planning to get a new charger to charge my GP 3700 batteries, which of the above is a better charger, have less know problem, more reliable, easy to use or any other recommendation which is around the same budget?? Please do NOT compare the discharge function as I use a discharge tray. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

I was debating the same, ended up with the Cell Master, and I'm more than satisfied...
Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have had both chargers and both do the job well. I chose the cell master because my packs just always seemed to get a better charge. It is also back lit which is a huge plus. And before you say it, I had the back light kit on my Ice. The only advantages that the ICE has are motor run in (which I didnt use) and price. I dont think you can wrong with either though.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Ditto. We've had both as well, for nimh packs you can't go wrong with the Cell Master. If you plan on running lipo packs at any point in the near future you may want to consider the Ice instead, but if you're sticking with nimh packs you'll love the Cell Master.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I never had the cell master but the ice has worked great for me the price is why I got it.They both are good if money is a issue the ice is the best way to go. no way to lose both are good
Old 05-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had an ICE and sold it for the cell master which in my opinion, despite having less features, is a far better charger..
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

I am happy with the Cellmaster. Very easy to set up and use.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks...but according to my LHS, there were some batch problem with cell master when they were mass produced.....not sure what kind of problems......any one face with such issue? So far, only have good reviews on ICE.......
Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I have had both chargers and both do the job well. I chose the cell master because my packs just always seemed to get a better charge. It is also back lit which is a huge plus. And before you say it, I had the back light kit on my Ice. The only advantages that the ICE has are motor run in (which I didnt use) and price. I dont think you can wrong with either though.
According to my LHS, ICE is more expensive than Cell Master but not much....abt $10 to $15...
Old 05-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I wanted an all-in-one unit and went with the new Team Orion Advantage.

It does
-Motor run in
-Runs the comm lathe
-And is Lipo ready

So no need for another unit (ie motor master)

Its capabilities are the same as the Ice charger I guess, but I preferred going with a big name (Team Orion)
Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Much More cell master is the better choice, IMO. It does not have the motor run in feature, but it does offer step charging and you can also run the warming tray and fan directly from the charger. The MM is more expensive, but well worth the extra money. You get a lot in a very small package.

If you are on a budget, the ICE is a very good charger, especially with the motor run in feature.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The ice has many features. Very good charger for the money. I like it alot.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FTNTC3
The Much More cell master is the better choice, IMO. It does not have the motor run in feature, but it does offer step charging and you can also run the warming tray and fan directly from the charger. The MM is more expensive, but well worth the extra money. You get a lot in a very small package.

If you are on a budget, the ICE is a very good charger, especially with the motor run in feature.
I tot the ICE also does step charging......
Old 05-03-2006, 06:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
The ice has many features. Very good charger for the money. I like it alot.
If you just go dollar for dollar and feature for feature it isn't close. Its the ICE hands down.

I have charged off both chargers and have not seen any performance differance on the track.

I do think the Much More is more high end looking overall and I do like the back lighting feature which I wish my ICE had. I happen to have ICE's but wouldn't have any problems using the Much More charger if I had the right deal on them.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hot_version
I tot the ICE also does step charging......
Oops Yes, the Ice does have a 4-step charging feature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.