Wiki Posts
Search

New GT??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default New GT??

It has been long rumored about a new AE GT coming out. Has anyone heard anything?? During the winter I was hearing it would be around springtime, but here we are at the end of april and I've heard nothing about it's release. Any word?????
Old 05-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

There were some cad drawings of it at the gas champs and i heard they may have one at RCX this weekend.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I sure hope it shows up at RCX since I wanna see this puppy!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its coming.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

I hope it is soon the class is dying, truggies are putting a hurting on this class
Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Legend

Seems to be a bit late ...
I love Ae but the 1/10 gas truck program in our area is all but dead...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BGrcracer
There were some cad drawings of it at the gas champs and i heard they may have one at RCX this weekend.
does anyone have these pics to share with us all?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Truggies are so easy to drive and reasonably good ones are available in RTR form. I think that 1/10th needs to go 4wd to come back. It is not what the 1/10 diehards want but it would make for interesting racing, especially on smaller tracks where 1/8th buggies are just too big.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default NEW GT

I hope they come out with it, although i am a losi fan.

davidka, i agree about the truggies and 1/8 as it does and is helping this hobby grow. but i also personally(diehard electric, 1/10nitro guy) think that these people that are getting into racing, need a 1/10 nitro to teach them how to drive.

the 1/8 and truggies are soo easy to drive compared to a 2wheel mod car or 1/10nitro(with powerband) that could teach a lot of these newbies to the hobby how to control the throttle or drive, instead of just punch it....

thankfully my area is filled with a bunch of 2wheel mod guys and we all have 1/10nitro trucks.

1/8scales and truggies have definately increased around here and i even picked up the new kyosho for one of our tracks, but to me the truggy is a fun class, easy to drive and just "punch it".... i am sure as time goes on, it will be one of the most competitive classes, but i will still hone the driving skills with the 1/10.

another couple advantage to the 1/10 scale even for someone new is that they are less costs than the 1/8cale or the truggies, even the rtr's. they are also less maintance, and easier to work on.

just a R/Cer that would love to see one of my favorite classes come back strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

IMO, 4wd would help kill off the gas truck class completely. One of the biggest draws of the gas truck class is the price, the fact that it's the least expensive class of gas off-road car to race and maintain. If the trucks go 4wd, the initial costs of the truck would go up, you would replace tires more often, more powerful (and thus more expensive) engines would become commonplace, fuel would be consumed faster, etc.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

When they come out with a new one I'll wait awhile to pick one up. I love my current gt and will never get rid of it. Hopefully when they do get it out though it'll help the numbers out for the gas truck class.

Everybody wants an 1/8 or truggy or whatever 4wheel drive. They don't know what the fun they are missing when they really learn how to drive a gas truck missile.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I hope it's soon. The whole reason I want it is I am tired of carrying 2 brands of truck tires around. I decided to try AE stuff out for a change. I race with a guy who, like me has always raced Losi products until he bought a AE b4ft. I usually like the same setups as him, and he told me how good it was so switched over too. That is everything except Gas truck because I don't want to get a GT and 2 weeks later they come out with a new one.

I agree the 1/10 Gas truck is dying out but I also think 1/10 everything is dying. I was always a diehard electric guy because of the less noise and complications, but now it seems if you don't race gas it's hard to find a place that is enjoyable to race. I race gas now, but there was a time when gas was annoying. You had the whole Reving the engines in the pits, the track would get all ripped up and dusty from them, and I just didn't get it because during practice I would smoke all of the gas cars with my electric buggy. Now gas in general is so popular that for me it's " if you can't beat 'em join 'em".
Don't get me wrong, I have learned to enjoy it. I haven't driven a truggy yet but the look like a blast and my LST (when it's running right or not broken!!) is probably the most fun thing i've raced yet. But I totally agree with Aaron, if 1/10 gas goes out it's going to take out the low cost gas racers, and IMO the whole 4wd everything is already taking the skill out of some drivers I know. I know some racers who used to be very good 1/10 buggy/truck drivers who can't drive them anymore. Anyway I've digressed into a whole different topic. I hope the GT comes out soon.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah i was at a race this past weekend and this discussion came up regarding nitro truck class. heard one racer said that this class is to hard to drive. i have never raced a monstor truck nor do i have any interest to ever race a monster truck, but there responce was it is easier to drive. some people just want to hit the EASY buttom to many times. when i raced electric i sold my electric truck so i would concentrate on buggy class so i would be a better driver. gas truck is very difficult and i am finding it to be a real challenge and very enjoyable.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Our 1/10th GAS scene is gone, barely holding on. Last year there was a solid 20 per track layout in our MGR state series. MT's and Truggies were combined and trumped them with an average of 30+.

This year the RC Pro State series round 1, we had 10 Gas Trucks show up, thats 1 main. MT was 20, Truggy was 28.

Those numbers show the new guys are coming in Truggy or MT rather than as you guys seem to call it "cheaper" Gas Truck. Gas Trucks are weaker, therefore break more meaning how can that be cheap? Sure $7 arms is nice, but no Truggy breaks arms much in the same scenario, so the $15 Truggy arms you'll really never need is cheaper than many sets at $7.

Kids no longer dream of the cool new stadium truck like I did as a kid, they want Revos, LSTs, any of the Monster trucks, since they can use them for bashing, then come to race as they find they like the hobby. No 1/10th runs well in grass, I've tried when I was younger.

MT or Truggy, 1-2 tire choices is all you need for a full SEASON of racing. I've run Gas Truck; just not true, because there is no 4wd traction front and rear you lose the ability to run 1 type of tires all the time, even on the same track you often have to swap out tires. Add in the cost of at least 4-5 sets of front and rear tires and wheels, sometimes even more.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dave good race at DB's last weekend. That was the most fun race I've been in for quite awhile. Bring that truck out to Pheasant Run, that is an awesome track to run gas truck and buggy/truggy.

I drove a LSP a few weeks ago and it was real fun and glided over everything very nicely. I can see why everybody wants to run em. But I'll always race my gt as long as there is a track. As far as breaking parts the only thing I've broken in the last two summers was smoking my diff. And that is mechanics (my own) error. I can buy two sets of rear, and one fronts for the price of a set of MT tires. And if mt's and truggies go thru clutches like my 1/8 buggy that's a cost right there.

I like em all. I just run what I personally like to run, which is gas truck, mod truck, 1/8 for fun, and trying elec wheeler this summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.