Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

I am curious about the performance of v one rrr Evo and v one rrr Evo WCE. How vast is the difference in their performance? It is difficult to find a baseline v one rrr. Is it still in production? So far how does it(v one rrr Evo) compare to Team Magic G4S?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Eric ~

RRR does not have a gear stripping problem. You may want to read this and also the the gear stripping section in the MTX-4 KB. Some people say make sure you keep the 1st and 2nd gear tooth difference the same (i.e. 21-16 = 5, 61-56 = 5), but I've also heard people say that with the way the gears are designed on the RRR, you don't have to. IMO, it's better to live dangerously and find out the truth for yourself than live in fear that you might do something wrong.

It would be good to take out your engine and measure where your clutch nut is where you are at. You might want to try 1.5mm.

Go ahead and try the 17/22 as George suggested and see how that works for you. On my track with the STI, I switched to a 15T for 1st to offset the spool up and I was much happier with the acceleration. Length wise, my track is longer than yours, but it's more technical on the inside. I'm in the process of fine tuning the engine, so I'll have to see how the spool up changes next time I run the car.

2nd gear wise, where are you shifting on the track? Are the gears winding out at all or does it seem like you're shifting early? If haven't already, it would be good to play with the shift point.

Are you running a one-way or spool up front? Have you tried both?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fulcrum07
I am curious about the performance of v one rrr Evo and v one rrr Evo WCE. How vast is the difference in their performance? It is difficult to find a baseline v one rrr. Is it still in production? So far how does it(v one rrr Evo) compare to Team Magic G4S?
Between the Evo and Evo WCE, I don't think you would notice a vast difference.

Comparing the RRR Evo to the G4S, I would say that you would have to upgrade and mod the G4S to give you the same tuning options that you have on the Evo. There are guys that are running it stock out of the box and doing well (ZOOM). Check out my G4S KB site for more info on the car. BTW.. Raceday Hobbies is selling the G4S with free ED Transmission.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Eric ~

RRR does not have a gear stripping problem. You may want to read this and also the the gear stripping section in the MTX-4 KB. Some people say make sure you keep the 1st and 2nd gear tooth difference the same (i.e. 21-16 = 5, 61-56 = 5), but I've also heard people say that with the way the gears are designed on the RRR, you don't have to. IMO, it's better to live dangerously and find out the truth for yourself than live in fear that you might do something wrong.

It would be good to take out your engine and measure where your clutch nut is where you are at. You might want to try 1.5mm.

Go ahead and try the 17/22 as George suggested and see how that works for you. On my track with the STI, I switched to a 15T for 1st to offset the spool up and I was much happier with the acceleration. Length wise, my track is longer than yours, but it's more technical on the inside. I'm in the process of fine tuning the engine, so I'll have to see how the spool up changes next time I run the car.

2nd gear wise, where are you shifting on the track? Are the gears winding out at all or does it seem like you're shifting early? If haven't already, it would be good to play with the shift point.

Are you running a one-way or spool up front? Have you tried both?
I have tried running my kit with a 15T/21T pinion gear set-up. So far, no problems with stripping my spur gears. Also, the messing was a perfect fit. No problems in this area so far...
Old 06-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default shift point

RMD-

Thanks for the info. Regarding gear stripping, I have had zero problems, and good to hear none are on the horizon

I have the shift point in a pretty good spot. I have also run with both a spool and a one way on this track. With the spool, I was fighting a on power oversteer from the middle of the turn thru exit. The one way felt more fluid.

I will measure my clutch settings. Having to remove the engine to take this measurement means I adjust it in the car a bunch, but don't measure it often.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
I have the shift point in a pretty good spot. I have also run with both a spool and a one way on this track. With the spool, I was fighting a on power oversteer from the middle of the turn thru exit. The one way felt more fluid.
If you were running 30K diff oil with the spool, switching to 10K should take care of the oversteer problem, should you want to try the spool again. But given the traction, perhaps you are already on 10K.

Just curious.. What brand and shore tires are you using?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If use OS 12TZ Spec 2 engine , choice which pipe ?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default one way

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
should you want to try the spool again. But given the traction
Why? With several mid throttle turns and some high speed sweepers...why would you gravitate to a spool?

I run GQ tires, and have been running 37sh.

thanks-
Eric
Old 06-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
If use OS 12TZ Spec 2 engine , choice which pipe ?
Well, to be on the safe side, go with the OSSpeed inline pipe... A friend of mine has good results using the Skyline pipe with the regular OSTZ 3porter...
Old 06-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Why? With several mid throttle turns and some high speed sweepers...why would you gravitate to a spool?
I just mentioned it because you said that with the spool, you had an oversteer problem. That's all.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

RMD-

Thanks for the info. Regarding gear stripping, I have had zero problems, and good to hear none are on the horizon

I will measure my clutch settings. Having to remove the engine to take this measurement means I adjust it in the car a bunch, but don't measure it often.
What is your current settings on droop & roll center are you running in the front
onpower oversteer you can do a couple of things run less droop or change your roll center or reduce your steering dual rate most of the time I start off with dual rate & if it still persists i start with my roll center & droop is always done when you change your roll center
Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum07
31256B it can be backorder thru kyoshoamerica or any local hobby shop can also order it for you as well
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do we need the 2mm offset tires for this kit?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

does anyone have a problem with a stuck clutch bell? I was runing my car and the thrust race bearings fell out, and now i cannot remove my clutch bell, its stuck tight.... help!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Do we need the 2mm offset tires for this kit?
You can get the optional drive axles with part number VSW007. These allow you to use 0mm offset tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.