Wiki Posts
Search

Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi-sw
yeh i realised that aswell. the more of impact you make unsponsored, imagine the damage you could do being sponsored lol! watch out for my name believe me i will be with the worlds elite in a few years!!
Being sponsored doesn't necissarely make you faster, it just shows that you were fast enough in the first place to get there.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is all very much appreciated guys. You've made me realise that its not all about getting free stuff. If you can do well with 2nd hand stuff you're sure to cause a bigger stir than if you were sponsored and doing well.

Motorhead i just Pm'd you.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Being sponsored doesn't necissarely make you faster, it just shows that you were fast enough in the first place to get there.
so i think ,and i may be wrong and i dont want to change the book
on sponsor drivers . this how i look at sponsoerd driver are good they make the shows.
team driver. is like being on a bowling league we all work as a team yes you GET good deals . but hell this dont feed me i have a real job . but i beleve in selling the same thing to you and i would my best driver , i hate when someone says ya my battery are good but the big sponsors get the realy good stuff becuse they win , well that the nature
of the beast. it time that changes . i want little bobby to become a better
drver.....
so i will do what i can to get him there and all the help i can give him im not a
realy fast driver but i know how to hold my own

Last edited by motorhead; 04-29-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I find there is way to much sponsorship in the hobby already. you cant hardly go to a club race with out 30% at least of the guys there "sponsored" with most of them not making any sales for the products but the "sponsor" doesnt care he is getting his product out at wholesale so he makes money still . sponsorship is a stupid term thats just plain out skipping alot of stores and track owners out of sales , the reason why is there is so many small motor and battery companies out there that have to fight for sales they need to take every route they can to get the sales. I think in the long run its hurting everyone with so much sponsorship , there should only be one type of sponsorship and that is 100% free stuff then only people that deserve it will get it while still leaving room for the stores and tracks to make money with out tracks and stores making money we will have no place to race or no way to get new people into the hobby.

This is my 2cents and no real need to bash me i wont change my mind with out a very good reason why so much sponsorship makes the hobby better.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snopro31
I find there is way to much sponsorship in the hobby already. you cant hardly go to a club race with out 30% at least of the guys there "sponsored" with most of them not making any sales for the products but the "sponsor" doesnt care he is getting his product out at wholesale so he makes money still . sponsorship is a stupid term thats just plain out skipping alot of stores and track owners out of sales , the reason why is there is so many small motor and battery companies out there that have to fight for sales they need to take every route they can to get the sales. I think in the long run its hurting everyone with so much sponsorship , there should only be one type of sponsorship and that is 100% free stuff then only people that deserve it will get it while still leaving room for the stores and tracks to make money with out tracks and stores making money we will have no place to race or no way to get new people into the hobby.

This is my 2cents and no real need to bash me i wont change my mind with out a very good reason why so much sponsorship makes the hobby better.
Sponsorships, no matter what percent, are all about promoting a product. No company wants their name attached to the slowest driver, the hack or the guy cussing at little kids and kicking dogs in the alley. Good drivers receive parts, motors, batteries, whatever.. at a reduced price or free and in return, the "sponsor" gets some advertisement for their product. I'm not getting rich in this hobby/sport so any help is appreciated. (add shameless plug for EAMotorsports) Thanks Eric. Sponsorships are far from the evil of our hobby. We could argue that the internet is killing the hobby by putting the LHS out of business. Or the LHS could jump in and get a little piece of that pie. I know that mine does more business on line than they do in person. I'll argue that the internet sales and sponsorships keep a lot of people in this hobby. With the exception of the select few, most of us spend a lot of hard earned money trying to win a gift card and a trophy.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

A sponsor will want to make their name known in as many different classes as racing as possible at different levels,so I think the reason why some sponsors choose to sponsor club racers is where theres a big club and their drivers do well,the other racers may follow suit and buy their equipment.

Bingo,sales in their equipment go up. Of course,it doesnt always work like that,but thats the situation that can be encountered.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Just run hard, talk to as many new people as you can, learn as much as you can, help all the newbie's and present yourself in a professional manner at the track and sponsorships will come. Obviously, the better you do, the more you get... If you have to ask for sponsorship, you aren't ready for it...
Old 04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Many believe that sponsorships are only awarded for high performing racers, but that isn't always true. Many times, sponsorships are given to people who present themselves in a friendly manner, and have a wealth of knowledge to share. For your first sponsorship, look for a newer company, as they tend to put less pressure on you to perform than a more established company would. But do not think that a sponsorship is all fun and games, as it isn't for the majority of the time. Also, you can often find products cheaper elsewhere than what sponsors sell their products to you for.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You will also see alot of companies offer 50% to there team guys.. Most companies sell at 60% to there distributors.. So if you add the numbers they make more money off there team guys then they do selling to a distributor... That is why you hear of alot of people having 50% deals.. Most companies do this in an effort to promote there products..

In turn guys get a small break, and the company sells product..

Most companies who sign a guy because he is really good will offer items at cost, or even lower.. remeber even tho there getting deals it still cost the sponsor money to offer really special deals..

Sponsorship does in no way hurt a hobbyshop..In fact in most cases it helps.. The other racers always want to use what the fast guys use.. S o the store orders from the companies to sell to the others..
Old 04-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by burbs
You will also see alot of companies offer 50% to there team guys.. Most companies sell at 60% to there distributors.. So if you add the numbers they make more money off there team guys then they do selling to a distributor... That is why you hear of alot of people having 50% deals.. Most companies do this in an effort to promote there products..

In turn guys get a small break, and the company sells product..

Most companies who sign a guy because he is really good will offer items at cost, or even lower.. remeber even tho there getting deals it still cost the sponsor money to offer really special deals..

Sponsorship does in no way hurt a hobbyshop..In fact in most cases it helps.. The other racers always want to use what the fast guys use.. S o the store orders from the companies to sell to the others..

I call it a mail order sponsorship......

Please explain how buying your motor`s & battery`s from a motor tuner unstead of your local track helps your track out ?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I call it a mail order sponsorship......

Please explain how buying your motor`s & battery`s from a motor tuner unstead of your local track helps your track out ?
It will help if they have that item in the shelf. If you win with a Team Br00d CO27 and somebody wants to buy one, they dont know if you bought it off the shelf or got it for free through your sponsor. They will go in the store, buy it and everybody wins. Just because you didn't buy yours there, doesn't mean they wont sell it to someone else.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when you work hard to pay for you'r own equipment. stay up to all hours of the am after you'r family goes to bed countless nights. cleaning, fixing, tweaking,and in many cases just stareing at the car for hours thinkink what can i do to be lighter, go faster, handle better and then you win.maybe against a spon.racer. it feels so great. yea this hobbie cost a lot of money. but if you can perform good or great and you and you only made it happen. thats a feeling thats gotta be better than the feeling a factory driver gets.