Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Rumor Control: What's up with the Ninjas? >

Rumor Control: What's up with the Ninjas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor Control: What's up with the Ninjas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rumor Control: What's up with the Ninjas?

I've seen three posts that there are problems with the new GRP Ninjas. I hope it's not true. Has anyone received official word from either Mugen Seiki Japan or Mugen Racing on this? Got anything for us Team Mugen? Thanks!

23-APR-06
Originally Posted by choisan
Heard from friend at Hong Kong, Ninja Engine R01 on-road was recalled from customer yesterday since it was available on Friday 4/21.
23-APR-06
Originally Posted by miker2209
I heard the same from a Mugen dealer. Rumor in the street is that there are some problems with the reliability (conrods, shafts, etc), but hey what do you expect.......... it's a brend new engine. Will take time to have the whole package!! Anyway, something is going on cause the release has being pushed back quite a few times ( at least in USA)

On the other side King Swager and Ishitani are doing well in Vegas with the Ninjas, but everybody knows that we, the regular guys, will never have the same engines they have.

Let's just hope that when the engines come out they are ok
25-APR-06
Originally Posted by 710baby
Update the falcons AKA GRP Ninja engine are defective so until we here back from GRP the Falcon & ninja's engines release date has been delayed until further notice
Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Since no one posted anything and the misinformation is just flying left and right, I decided to call Mugen Racing and get the info straight from the horse’s mouth. It just so happened that Robbie Collins answered the phone and this is what he had to say:

The plan was to release the .21 off-road (B01) and on-road (R01) engine at the same time. They did find something with the on-road engine that could have led to a potential problem/warranty issue – which according to Robbie, was pretty minor. They just wanted to be sure that there wouldn’t be any problems, so they decided to have the issue addressed before the engine hit the street. Not one .21 on-road (R01) engine was ever sold.

The .12 (T01) is on schedule and will be released by the end of May or the beginning of June.

Thanks for clearing that up for us Robbie.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-28-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Since no one posted anything and the misinformation is just flying left and right, I decided to call Mugen Racing and get the info straight from the horse’s mouth. It just so happened that Robbie Collins answered the phone and this is what he had to say:

The plan was to release the .21 off-road (B01) and on-road (R01) engine at the same time. They did find something with the on-road engine that could have led to a potential problem/warranty issue – which according to Robbie, was pretty minor. They just wanted to be sure that there wouldn’t be any problems, so they decided to have the issue addressed before the engine hit the street. Not one .21 on-road (R01) engine was ever sold.

The .12 (T01) is on schedule and will be released by the end of May or the beginning of June.

Thanks for clearing that up for us Robbie.
That's a good thing. People are so impatient that companies release products too soon. Then one or two malfunctions lead to defamation of a product.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Team Kamikaze let me know, that there is a copy of the letter that Mugen Seiki sent to all the dealers, posted in the Team Kamikaze thread. If you haven't already seen it, you can view it here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=141