Old 06-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Additions needed are:

Ceramic Bearings
Different screw sets (Hex and Titanium)
Rear hex outdrives with 2mm offset
Rear camber links with bearings (included as part of kit but need the bearings)
East rear shock mounts
Camber link plates

Plus many others.

I like the doc and will be very usefull when completed

Cheers
ziggy - we're going to need some part numbers if we're going to make any progress here.

Plus, what's this Plus many others? How much more stuff you got on your car??
Old 06-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

There are many more after market parts available than listed in your doc. I dont know of anybody thats tried them all. There must be at least 6 alternative chassis to the car. I have the 3 racing one and its a bit stiffer and goes great on the fast flowing tracks but I use the standard one for tight tracks.

I suggest you list them all and ask people to comment on them if they have used them and if they are worth the extra cash or just bling

Who makes parts for the RRR?

KFactory
Kawahara
3racing
East
Shimu (Kyosho)
Square

Who have i missed? There must be loads of others
Old 06-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default ready

on the way

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
There are many more after market parts available than listed in your doc. I dont know of anybody thats tried them all. There must be at least 6 alternative chassis to the car. I have the 3 racing one and its a bit stiffer and goes great on the fast flowing tracks but I use the standard one for tight tracks.

I suggest you list them all and ask people to comment on them if they have used them and if they are worth the extra cash or just bling

Who makes parts for the RRR?

KFactory
Kawahara
3racing
East
Shimu (Kyosho)
Square

Who have i missed? There must be loads of others
Yeah, but for this project, I'm only listing things that we've actually tried that's proven to improve the performance of the car. It's not about listing all the hop-ups.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
on the way
Sweet! Looks good bro!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

I am building a second WC-X to keep as a spare car when I go racing.

I know pretty much all the upgrades I would like to replicate on the 2nd car. I am thinking however, if I should build this one with another K-Factory Chassis or whether to go for the VZW214 chassis?

I have not done too much testing with the K-Factory chassis on my 1st car, but so far I would say I am very pleased.

The 1st car has an OS 5P TZ .12 and hope to install the Sirio EVO III for the new car.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
I am building a second WC-X to keep as a spare car when I go racing.

I know pretty much all the upgrades I would like to replicate on the 2nd car. I am thinking however, if I should build this one with another K-Factory Chassis or whether to go for the VZW214 chassis?

I have not done too much testing with the K-Factory chassis on my 1st car, but so far I would say I am very pleased.

The 1st car has an OS 5P TZ .12 and hope to install the Sirio EVO III for the new car.

Any suggestions?
It really depends on how you want to use the spare. Either as real spare or a second car to play around with that could be a spare if need be.

I would want an exact duplicate of my primary, so that the car would handle and perform exactly like the primary. It would really throw me off if the car turned in more or less - or drifted more or less - or the engine powerband were different - but that's just me.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What's the advantage of extending the zip tie from the gas tank lid to the rear shock tower???
Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
It really depends on how you want to use the spare. Either as real spare or a second car to play around with that could be a spare if need be.

I would want an exact duplicate of my primary, so that the car would handle and perform exactly like the primary. It would really throw me off if the car turned in more or less - or drifted more or less - or the engine powerband were different - but that's just me.
I agree. I'm trying to have both of my cars set-up the same way. 2 different manufacturers of course.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
What's the advantage of extending the zip tie from the gas tank lid to the rear shock tower???
It's so incredibly easy to open the tank lid from the rear hole. I just tried it this past weekend and if I would have know it was that great, I would have done it from day 1.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's so incredibly easy to open the tank lid from the rear hole. I just tried it this past weekend and if I would have know it was that great, I would have done it from day 1.
Do you cut out two holes in the rear window, or just one??
Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Do you cut out two holes in the rear window, or just one??
I have one hole in the rear. Check out this pic of Rob's body. He has the zip tie setup as well.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys!!!!

Great point.

Will simply duplicate it.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Is the VoneRRR Evo just a step up from the Regular kit...and the WE would be pretty much highest in versions right? I checked the site and I like the features it possess.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Is the VoneRRR Evo just a step up from the Regular kit...and the WE would be pretty much highest in versions right? I checked the site and I like the features it possess.
Yes, the Evo is an upgrade of the regular kit. The WCE is the earlier upgrade of the kit, which they so happened to release as the WCE. I'm starting to look at it as two different upgrade paths - kind of like a split in the gene pool. I'm not quite sure how to compare the Evo to the WCE at the moment.

There are some really nice parts that are coming out for the Evo, which some of us are going to put on our WCE. Because the parts are interchangeable between the models, it's just a matter of what you want to start with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.