Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

BigB:

Hi,

I use the plastic ones from Tamiya on my XRay shocks. they work just as well. all I did was remove one of the nubs for my mark. they don't go all the way up like the blue ones do but you'll get more travel than the XRay ones.
you might want to look at the mugen shock parts too. they are more of a green/grey and should work too.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks TimXLB, fyi I found out the Hpi Purple ones work, part #hp-30004
Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know if Item # 53938 - Aluminum Rear Upright($51.00) is set at 0-Degrees?
-It`s a TRF Part; it must be good. But I only would like to have it if it`s set at 0-Degrees.

Thanks

Take Care
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Does anyone know if Item # 53938 - Aluminum Rear Upright($51.00) is set at 0-Degrees?
-It`s a TRF Part; it must be good. But I only would like to have it if it`s set at 0-Degrees.

Thanks

Take Care
Yes, it is 0 degree.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Big B:

Hi,

I'm Glad you found some that will work. I never thought to look at the HPI one's (and I have a new Gas car sitting on my shelf too.....DUH).
thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim
Old 02-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=GuyIsDamGoodIt only has a small problem going to the right during a straight.....(It will go straight for about 35-Yards; then it will go to the right). I think it`s the way I set-up the Front Shocks(1-1/2mm of more Pre-Load on the front shocks should/might fix the problem).....?
(I fixed the totally won`t hold a straight line problem by putting on New Tires and giving it 1-Degree of Front Toe-In.)[/QUOTE]

that shoundt be something related to shocks adjustement , or tires, or toe ...

does the car turn right when you release the accelerator? or you still gunning when the car starts to make the right , in case of going right when releasing the gun , then may be a bad shock/tire balance, but if car makes right when still gunnin it should be some other thing

are you sure your straight is completly flat where the car goes right? have you tried to do the straight in the other direction to see what happens?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey DrKucho; I haven`t tested My Evo 5 on a Track yet. I ran/run it on My Street. It has an average side to side curve.
-My Evo 5 will do the -Turn Right Thing- only 1 way(running South); while I`m On the Trigger and I beleive when I`m Off the Trigger.
- -I use Front and Rear Ball Diffs on all My Kits/Cars.
My Pro 4 was also doing it at one time but I fixed it. . . . .I put 1-1/2 Degree of Front Toe-In and it was Fixed.

I would have fixed it by now; but the cold weather is here. . . . .But if you(or anyone) have any ideas.....I`m listening.....Ha Ha!

Also thanks for the Upright info. Now that I know they`re 0-Degrees I might get them.
Anyone use them? Do they really make a difference?

Thanks

Take Care
Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

any car with straight toe adjustment (0 toe) should go straight, adjusting toe may make your car go straight but will be probably because you are "masking" or minimizing the problem with it , but that doesnt mean the problem was a wrong toe adjustment, the real issue is still there

i suggest to test your track in a track where should be flat and see, if you still have the thing, then ask other pilots if they feel the car turns alone in the exact point your does , then (if they say no) check if there is any diference when gunning or releasing he car, and if there is some , its time to look for the problem but mindng this last gunning thing
Old 02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey DrKucho; thanks for the info....I hear you.
I always wanted to run My Kits/Cars with 0-Degrees of Front Toe; but I`ve always had a Steering Problem.

When the weather gets warmer I`ll do a few test runs. I`ll have to dial-out or dial-in something to stop the problem.

Thanks

Take Care
Old 02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

good luck !

to look for such a problem may be a nightmare but once you find out you feel so good and also that's the best way to learn

i had a similar issue with a ta01, the car was turning a little to one side but only on strong accelerations, and when reaching maximum speed was not turning alone anymore , it drove me crazy for some days , i checked tweak, dampers , dogbones...and you know what was the problem? the pin of the front wheel axle that matches in the wheel hexagon was lost , so that wheel was slipping a little bit on the wheel axle

Last edited by DrKucho; 02-05-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey DrKucho; I know how you felt when your kit/car was giving you problems(the steering problem). It`s just a problem that really takes some fun out of running R.C. Cars. But; you`re right.....it teaches you something.

I think I`ve found the problem.....?
-The Suspension Arms(Front and Rear) wasn`t at full down-stop. I set the Droop right(on a Droop Gauge); but the Shocks Pre-load wasn`t down enough.
- -I`ve added 1mm of more Shock Pre-load.

The Problem should be fixed.

Thanks

Take Care

Last edited by GuyIsDamGood; 02-06-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Just wanted to post my setup from the weekend. managed to get 14th overall in stock at the two carpet wars even over here. Quite happy with that, but if I'd only have gotten a good run in round 4 (held end of sat... so fastest round), I might have made the A. Oh well.

Anyway, the setup is a bit different from the Kit, and is for Rubber tyres/Carpet (albeit quite high grip).

Cheers
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB Evolution V-carpetwarsworldcup07.jpg  
Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool set-up. Do you have a set-up for an Out-Door Track; somewhat grippy?

Anyone know the Item #s for the Blue and White Shock Springs?

Thanks

Take Care
Old 02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default up for grabs

hey everyone,
I won't get a chance to run my EVO 5
so selling it off.

Tamiya EVO 5
Old 02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Selling it already?

This Evo 5 has cost me over $550.00 so far(I`m not too angry because I stole the Good Electronics from My TT-01. . . . .Why did I put good stuff in a TT-01?.....Ha Ha!).

Take Care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.