Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Tamiya TB Evolution V

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info guys.

Is anyone using the Servo Saver that comes with the TB Evo 5?
-I didn`t use the Servo Saver that came with the TB Evo 4(I used a TT-01 Servo Saver); so I haven`t had this problem.

I`m going to try the Front Toe-In Set-Up and remove the Servo Saver. It should(might) work.

Take Care.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

i don't know if this will help... if ur car is pulling to one side during accelerating... and another side when just rolling .... then maybe there is an issue with the damper setup.

good luck with your steering problems
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

I`m going to try the Front Toe-In Set-Up and remove the Servo Saver. It should(might) work.

Your just doing something wrong. NEVER run toe-in in the front. Run the front even or slight toe out. I've driven a few of the evo5's and all of them tracked straight. It's probably your servo.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

it looks like a damper issue or a weight distribution problem ....
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it could also be tweak, or could even be that the rear diff is set to tight get someone at the track who knows more about setup and get them to have a look at it for ya
Old 10-31-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrKucho
are you sure? they look colosed but they are not , i suggest to check the inside after 2 bateries to be sure no dust came in ...

which part of the diff covers are not enclosed? mine looks pretty sealed off.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

the edges where the aluminum meets the plastic. there is a fair edge there where lots of cr*p can get into the gear box and ruin your day. at least it has for me >_< that is the ONLY thing i don't like about this car.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
the edges where the aluminum meets the plastic. there is a fair edge there where lots of cr*p can get into the gear box and ruin your day. at least it has for me >_< that is the ONLY thing i don't like about this car.
i don't know what you guys keep complaining about. if you run on a properly prepared track, and do maintenance on these race machines they way it should be done, you won't have a problem. i do a strip down after every race meeting and the dust that i get out of the gearbox is minimal, nothing that can cause damage. if you are getting so much of crap in the gearbox, i can only imagine how many times you must be getting stuff stuck in your pinions and spurs! in order for any chassis to run at it's peak, it has to be maintained properly!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
i don`t use the diff covers atall ,only use car indoors on carpet with rubber
i have had no probs what so ever
diffs are fully open
also my evo5 is up for grabs aswell
Old 10-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i don`t use the diff covers atall ,only use car indoors on carpet with rubber
i have had no probs what so ever
diffs are fully open
also my evo5 is up for grabs aswell
i rest my case!!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

I just feel this diff cover problem should not be be a "suck it up and live with it" problem.

I live with a feeble dream that with some complaining here on this thread, maybe someone will realize that there is a demand for better covers and that perhaps, maybe one day someone will realize this can be a very small business oppurtunity and design new covers for this car... and make some $ off of me.

Cause right now... every 3-5 packs,... and my diff sounds funny... i seriously don't like rebuilding the car that often (espeically for practicing). I race on a parking lot... i know that is not the most desirable place for these cars... but i have no real car to take me to a real track on weekdays, but still would like to get some practice hours in.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

double post :P
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

rcnewb2004 you just hit 666 posts LOL!!!

I must agree with you, if I am spending +$350 on a car that is meant to be one of a companies flagship products, I would not expect any part to be defective. I think it is actually a slap in the face when you find that parts are not fitting snug. I personally am hoping that this problem is fixed with the limited edition parts. However there is still no excuse for poor design on the L-parts. I am getting quite irritated having to cut out gasket all the time!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Lol Nautilian, hopefully it was a good 666th post. (On halloween too!)

But hey, I am still waiting for pictures of the gasket seals you made. I am looking at all ideas to make the car more dirt proof.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.