Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
[{(Settings for TA0-4)}] >

[{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

[{(Settings for TA0-4)}]

Old 01-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: ......~.~ ~.~........

Originally posted by Mike F
You'll get that a more stratuskyo. The problem is that these guys/gals are so passionate about the Tamya kits that they'll add some more to this thread then just set ups.

Steve I saw that you had some in stock, thanks.

Steevo - so the shocks that come in the 04R chassis kit are not the same but are threaded, correct.
Hi Mike,
I am pretty sure that the Latest TA04R Chassis Kit is the same as the 2002 Raybrig NSX just minus the body. The shocks on both chassis are threaded body alloy. The 2002 NSX Shocks are the same as those supplied with the TB Evo III and they are the best that you will find. The 2002 Raybrig NSX kit is one of the nicest kits around for the money. You have got to love the new lightweight carbon reinforced chassis.
Heres a pic of mine. Brand spanking new and never been used!!Its about to find a new home with chrisman from Canada.
Enjoy

Steevo
Attached Thumbnails [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]-mltimg001.jpg  
Old 01-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by GKC
They just cut off the part which holds the torque rods to save weight so it looks like what is in the picture.
won't it affect the peformance of the car?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default ??

hey i am back.......whahaha so what do i still need except for electronics if i buy the raybrig nsx 2002 04........... i mean hopups.....
Old 01-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default wow....

i feel that this cover is cool........
Attached Thumbnails [{(Settings for TA0-4)}]-top.jpg  
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

The 414M2 comes with the torque rods, the reason why they're not used in Surikarn's is because Tamiya devised an optional setup for the sway bars in the 414M2, this optional setup has great benefits from what I've read, but it doesn't allow for the torque rods to be connected.
As far as the hub carriers with just one ball stud they're not a hop up, they're actually the stock 10 deg caster blocks that come with the basic TA04.
The caster blocks that come with the TA04R are known as the Racing Hub carriers, these have the two ball studs to attach the torque rods. these provide only 6 deg. of caster, and make your 04's steering more responsive.
Unless you buy the R kit, they're optional.

Last edited by jackhammer74; 01-06-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: ??

Originally posted by stratuskyo
hey i am back.......whahaha so what do i still need except for electronics if i buy the raybrig nsx 2002 04........... i mean hopups.....
Carbon fibre Damper Stays would be nice as well as Aluminium Steering posts and Aluminium Steering arms.
I think that the light weight delrin out drives are a must. Also 2 sets of the shock springs as you only get 2 of each color in a set.

Theres not much left on the list of hop ups but depending on your driving style you could opt for the front one way or the one way pulley for the lay shaft.

Steevo
Old 01-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: ??

Originally posted by stratuskyo
If you're a fairly experienced racer, you might want to get the front one-way. I like the way it handles with the front one-way better than with the diff.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default izzit???

but i heard that it is quite hard to handle.....i will still stck wth either gear or ball diff.......hehe.......
Old 01-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

stratuskyo

It's not hard to handle if you understand what it is doing. The hard part is to adjust your driving style. You basically do the opposite of what you would do with diffs. If you're going into a turn and the car starts to push, with a diff, you back off the throttle a little and your steering comes back. With a one-way, it's just the opposite, since you're effectively removing power from the front wheels when you back off the throttle. So, you add more steering and more throttle if the car starts to push. Another big difference is you lose a lot of braking when you use a one-way. You only have brakes on the rear wheels, so the car wants to do a 180 if you jump on the brakes. The same is true if you run the mid one-way. So, you have to reduce your amount of brake to be able to use brakes. Once you get comfortable racing with diffs, you might experiment with a one-way and see the difference. You'll be much faster on tracks with wide open sweepers with the one-way.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For a high bite track with rubber tires it is almost a mandatory option at least on a 04.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

hum....... still stick with my ball diff.....
Old 01-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: ......~.~ ~.~........

Originally posted by Steevo
Hi Mike,
I am pretty sure that the Latest TA04R Chassis Kit is the same as the 2002 Raybrig NSX just minus the body. The shocks on both chassis are threaded body alloy. The 2002 NSX Shocks are the same as those supplied with the TB Evo III and they are the best that you will find. The 2002 Raybrig NSX kit is one of the nicest kits around for the money. You have got to love the new lightweight carbon reinforced chassis.
Heres a pic of mine. Brand spanking new and never been used!!Its about to find a new home with chrisman from Canada.
Enjoy

Steevo
Thanks Steevo.
I tried to email hobbymania but kept getting a return email stating that the address is not correct. I plan on getting my hop ups from them. Also, I did not see the new chassis for the 04 listed, do you know the number and their price?
Old 01-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Mike,
Try this email, This is his private email; [email protected]
Send Andy an email with your request and he'll get back to you. If you check the latest posts in the TB Evo III thread you will see a post from another rctech member who has recently bought from Andy on my recommendation. He is very happy with his dealings with him. Tell him Steven King put you on to him and he might give you a little extra discount!!

Steevo
Old 01-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Regional Moderator

thanks Steevo
Old 01-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jackhammer74
The 414M2 comes with the torque rods, the reason why they're not used in Surikarn's is because Tamiya devised an optional setup for the sway bars in the 414M2, this optional setup has great benefits from what I've read, but it doesn't allow for the torque rods to be connected.
As far as the hub carriers with just one ball stud they're not a hop up, they're actually the stock 10 deg caster blocks that come with the basic TA04.
The caster blocks that come with the TA04R are known as the Racing Hub carriers, these have the two ball studs to attach the torque rods. these provide only 6 deg. of caster, and make your 04's steering more responsive.
Unless you buy the R kit, they're optional.
Thanks jackhammer74

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.