VOTING POLL: Ugliest high end radio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VOTING POLL: Ugliest high end radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys were talking about radios that are,,,well not really high end but should have a screen.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heeeeeeey...all but 3 of the photos I posted have screens.
And the Airtronics one can be switched out for the Caliber 3PS.
Almost identical shape, just as FUGLY, but with a screen! That makes
it all but 2

...starting to feel like asking Tres to make a skin for my Profi 707

screen or no, couldn't find a pic of the Futaba 3PG. Now *THAT* thing was UGLY! Had that fat plastic piece on the antenna, 4,217 rotart dials...ewwww
Had to put a paper bag around it so noone saw you using it!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

nothing wrong with the KO Helios

I know this one isnt high end but it has to be one of the ugliest i've seen:

IDP-X1
It looks like something from "War of the Worlds"
Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

You guys are all nuts.

Who gives a flying f.ck what a damn radio looks like, as long as it works great.

Are you on the catwalk or on the drivers stand?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sharkonwheels
Mpetrich:

I HAVE a Nomadio Sensor, V2, and I have one of he 25 or so limited editions "glossy" units.

I can paint it, skin it, peel it, cover it, hide it, stash it.....and guess what?

It's *STILL* B U T T U G L Y

Now, it's FEATURES are awesome, and it's a righteous controller.
But man, it's own MOTHER wouldn't breast-feed it!

The JR R-756 is *STILL* the unbeaten champ - I think it encroaches even on Nomadio territory!
Ko EX-10(original) and R-756 ugly? Please.... If you want the ugliest radio in HISTORY look no further than the airtronics XL2P/CS2P twins. Those things looked like some kind of 4th grade science project. They had bent tubing handles on them!! Actually all the airtronics radios from that era were freaking hideous. Hell, a Nomadio looks downright cool compared to a CS2P.

Sorry but I stick to my opinion that the helios is the best looking top-end currently available, as the Mars R was before the helios. Airtronics has always had the ugliest stuff in my opinion with the exception of the 3pk and JR R-1. Plus I've always thought that the Airtronics radios were ridiculously uncomfortable.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Ko EX-10(original) and R-756 ugly? Please.... If you want the ugliest radio in HISTORY look no further than the airtronics XL2P/CS2P twins. Those things looked like some kind of 4th grade science project. They had bent tubing handles on them!! Actually all the airtronics radios from that era were freaking hideous. Hell, a Nomadio looks downright cool compared to a CS2P.

Sorry but I stick to my opinion that the helios is the best looking top-end currently available, as the Mars R was before the helios. Airtronics has always had the ugliest stuff in my opinion with the exception of the 3pk and JR R-1. Plus I've always thought that the Airtronics radios were ridiculously uncomfortable.

Airtronics XL2P...THAT was one I was looking for. Kind of Remembered the look, couldn't remember brand/model. Uploaded a picture above. Definitely moves into the top spot!

Nice call!

I think the KO's and JR's are ugly, because there IS NO POINT to that vertical piece on the right side!! And the little kink in it makes it even worse!
And the R-756 had the curved part on the left - talking about smoking crack while designing....

Sorry...they may be comfortable, but have you held and used a MultiPlex Profi 707? Yeah, it's TEAL GREEN (Just WTF were they thinking?!?!? ) but it's REALLY comfy. Only 6 cells, so it's really light, and it has all the features you'd expect, and more! 7 channels, to boot!

Nomadio isn't bad either...it's just REEEEEALLY tall, but nicely balanced, and only 4 cells for power (I use a 5-cell Rx hump-pack in mine)
Old 05-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sharkonwheels
Airtronics XL2P...THAT was one I was looking for. Kind of Remembered the look, couldn't remember brand/model. Uploaded a picture above. Definitely moves into the top spot!

Nice call!

I think the KO's and JR's are ugly, because there IS NO POINT to that vertical piece on the right side!! And the little kink in it makes it even worse!
And the R-756 had the curved part on the left - talking about smoking crack while designing....

Sorry...they may be comfortable, but have you held and used a MultiPlex Profi 707? Yeah, it's TEAL GREEN (Just WTF were they thinking?!?!? ) but it's REALLY comfy. Only 6 cells, so it's really light, and it has all the features you'd expect, and more! 7 channels, to boot!

Nomadio isn't bad either...it's just REEEEEALLY tall, but nicely balanced, and only 4 cells for power (I use a 5-cell Rx hump-pack in mine)
Held the Profi, and the Nomadio. To me the Profi feels almost exactly like a 1980's edition magnum junior (which I never liked), and the Nomadio is SOOOO ugly I think it tricked me into thinking it was uncomfortable Actually I didn't like its' balance at all.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan

Are you on the catwalk or on the drivers stand?

GOOD ONE
Old 05-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default HOly

HOLY CRAP CHECK THIS ONE OUT ITS CALLED A IDP-X1 !!! wtf were they thinking when they designed this thing!
Attached Thumbnails VOTING POLL: Ugliest high end radio-idp-x1-tx-300.jpg  
Old 05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

HOLY MOLY! I think we got a new WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
HOLY MOLY! I think we got a new WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Straight to the top of the list...

I don't expect to see many of THOS on the driver stands!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JDK race team
HOLY CRAP CHECK THIS ONE OUT ITS CALLED A IDP-X1 !!! wtf were they thinking when they designed this thing!
THats the one i was talking about in post #78 of this thread

The guy at our LHS tried to talk me into buying one last year, but even then as a newbie no amount of persuasion was going to make me purchase THAT!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDK race team

By 2010 we will all have one of these

NOT
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Sooo.....New Year....New Radios.....Any new opinions?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

I hope we see Futaba and JR doing a total re-design in neer future i want somthing fresh not just the same 3PK or equivalant with a couple of different shaped buttons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.