2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I noticed something, that in the pic of the top 5 from 1/8th....all 5 guys ran different fuels...interesting!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am not positive, but I think that Aaron used 25%, Joel may have too. It was real hard to make fuel mileage. The loop was 3/4's of a lap away from the pits. Many used INS, 8mm restrictors, Serio 2013 exhaust, a pefect clutch and a light finger. Scott used a RB Xennon at half trigger and could still produce a 17.5. Outright smokin' fast.

Josh took a few laps in Joel's car after the event in it's used up state and cranked out multiple 17.3's.... what a stud!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Did anyone catch the coverage on WTOL channel 11 news?.....If so how was it and did anyone record it?
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To the toledo club
Awesome as always.
To the participants
Awesome as always.

To Jamie
Awesome run dude.

To the Team Magic/Team Phenix crew. I couldn't ask for better
To Bobby, I'm still stunned
To Brian, So close bro.
To anyone I helped while I was there. Your more than welcome.
To anyone who helped me. Many thanks.

To the hardest working non racer of the weekend. Angel Cyrul, you couldn't have paid me enough to do that.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

glad that all of you enjoyed yourselves hope you share the love when i show up next year congrats to all now get back to work good job ROBERT M. & THE REST OF THE kyosho camp
Old 08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
I noticed something, that in the pic of the top 5 from 1/8th....all 5 guys ran different fuels...interesting!

that little bottle that Joel is using...hard to see that it's WERKS fuel

Last edited by dpdiehl; 08-07-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

The full results with lap times are on jlapracemanager.com.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS & CAN"T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
Old 08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks to the Toledo Club

On behalf of Kyosho as the events headline sponsor, I wanted to thank the Ted Hammer and the Toledo club for an outstanding event. This was one of the most enjoyable all around events I've been to in quite a while.

For those who have not been to Toledo. This track is the nicest asphalt surface I've ever run on. The layout is challenging and the nice paint and curbs really make it look first class.

I also wanted to thank Josh for all the work he put in helping me all weekend. I'm sure it would have been a much different result without him and I know he'll be running 1/8th again next year.

PS. I'll have car setups posted on the website tomorrow.

...Joel

Kyosho, Sirio, KO Propo, Werks Racing Fuel, Empire Racing
Old 08-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can you post a link, please??!!

DC
Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joel Johnson
On behalf of Kyosho as the events headline sponsor, I wanted to thank the Ted Hammer and the Toledo club for an outstanding event. This was one of the most enjoyable all around events I've been to in quite a while.

For those who have not been to Toledo. This track is the nicest asphalt surface I've ever run on. The layout is challenging and the nice paint and curbs really make it look first class.

I also wanted to thank Josh for all the work he put in helping me all weekend. I'm sure it would have been a much different result without him and I know he'll be running 1/8th again next year.

PS. I'll have car setups posted on the website tomorrow.

...Joel

Kyosho, Sirio, KO Propo, Werks Racing Fuel, Empire Racing
Joel!!!

Man!! You are my hero............... again. LOL.

Nice job this weekend up there. Ben was up there and I am sure you spoke with him. He seemed to have a rough start to the weekend. Glad you were able to pull all the WIN. You need to hit of Kissimmee in November for the race there.

Find any Karaoke bars while up there? haha.

Jeff
Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Joel,

I think it's really cool how Kyosho USA is stepping up it's driver/customer support. Keep up the good work, posting the setups is a great idea.

Congrats to you on your win!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Joel,

I think it's really cool how Kyosho USA is stepping up it's driver/customer support. Keep up the good work, posting the setups is a great idea.

Congrats to you on your win!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow what wonderful week of racing at the Glc. You cant help but congratulate everyone becuse there were so many good drivers at this race. Congratz to all the winners you did a great job. This race is a must for any rc racing enthusiast. I would like to thank everyone that helped me this week from the bottom of my heart, and you know who you are. Thank you for all the encouragement this week. I Made so many new friends and I hope to see you guys in the near future.

Robert Maestrey
Old 08-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to thank all of the Toledo One Eighth Racers club for all the hard work. This race is one biggest gas race that rc racers will be markig as a race to attend every year. The track is one of the USA's best, and its also nice to be within 30-40 minutes from home....LOL

I also want to thank all the Team Magic/Phenix Distributing drivers. Dennis, my dad, Ray J, Bobby Flack, Mark Unrath, Demetrius Blount, Bobby Watson and Mark Rodney for the great showing of the G4S by Team Magic. Bobby Flack drove an outstanding qualifying run to take TQ but was unfortuante to not even get to start the final. Bobby the time will come again real soon I'm sure.

Finally congrats to the winners: Jamie in 200mm, Joel in 1/8th, and Andy Power in Outlaw. Andy, you planning on staying in gas racing for a while now??? LOL Good to see you again and have fun at your wedding this weekend in Arizona.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.