BANZAI Motors

Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hear you there casper and billy too with the small chunks of money . i have three kids myself , casper , but my youngest is now almost 18. so im starting to see some relief. plus have two grandbabies already from the two older ones. so been there and done and doing it. part of life. just have to get my timing right to get some racing in . crcrc closes down during summer and outdoor takes over , just dont know how many electric racers will bother to come outside and race at local outdoor track. the slashs are all for it . but not sure on others just have to wait in see.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My kids are 11, 6 and 1.5. Still in the chasing around the house vs. kicking out the house phase!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Casper
My kids are 11, 6 and 1.5. Still in the chasing around the house vs. kicking out the house phase!
My kids are, huh, never mind
Old 04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Not kids anymore!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hear ya about the Kids element. My son is 15 months now, talking, running, getting into everything. Time passes quickly!

I ave a nice chunk of tax return, and Im looking at the Banzai BL motors. Are the 5.5 the choice for 4wd, or 7.5? and kepping w/ 4wd, for saddle packs options, what do people like? I have 2 max Amp saddle packs, however one swelled after limited use. Not super impressed with them so far. Just wanted to get some insight on what those out there are running. I have a BJ4WE, so anyone who has saddle style config. please weigh in.

Mom, any update on the BM Saddles? Might have to pick up a lipo too.

Our only local indoor offroad track is closing at the end of this month. Couple outdoor tracks are popping up, but indoor will be sorely missed. Heading off tonight to do some club racing.

MOmo
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am running a 6.5. I have ran it indoor and large outdoor tracks. For battery I am using the smc 4900mah saddles. I ran trakpowers for awhile but feel better using the deans plugs.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

wish i had known about you in oregon MOmo . we sat there at the truck stop in portland for two days. maybe could have raced. is your track closing permanently? our indoor here in ohio closes each may and open again in september.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Momo-- I would suggest a 6.5 for mod 4wd. With lipo power that should be PLENTY of motor!

Track power makes a pretty mean saddle lipo. The Reedy one is a great battery as well that is very popular.

kstarr- There is a great nitro track in Canby that is just south of portland. Not sure if the track in Gresham (?) just east of portland is still there or not. There is a track in Vancouver as well if not mistaken.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

ill keep them in mind for next time out. right now heading home till wensday. crcrc closed for summer, outdoors tracks wont be available this week, too much rain. guess i;ll have to go home and put my speedys racing parts conversion late model together so i can race some dirt oval. the local dirt oval cant get outside either but they can still run indoors . i need to get some racing in augh!!! im having withdrawals.dont cha ya know.

casper : thanks but we cant carry nitro in our truck. plus dont have one lol
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Prophet

You can always practice with you electric cars!

The Gresham and Vancouver tracks are electric.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

have to get addresses on them for the next trip out west. im home for the next four days. and going to run dirt oval sat nite. but i do like getting the info. hope to make it down to ocrc some week too. so we shall see. will let you know when we do.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
kstarr- There is a great nitro track in Canby that is just south of portland. Not sure if the track in Gresham (?) just east of portland is still there or not. There is a track in Vancouver as well if not mistaken.
KStarr/Casper - Thanks for the advice.

Sadly, the Track in Gresham (Aero Sports and hobbies) closed a few years ago. Lots of history of racing there. It was a well known outdoor off road track. Hosted many regional races and I think a national event or two. It also happens to be down the street, so it would have been SUPER close to my house.

Yea sad sign of the times that local shops are closing. You can Youtube some of the races by entering Aero Sports and Oregon.

KStarr- Hit me up if you make it out to OR. There are a couple of other tracks being created, however they are outdoor.

MOmo
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

i can deal with the outdoor. i have a small selection of tires i carry with me. cant carry everything two people in a truck , not a lot of room. just need to make it on a weekend or night when someone racing is all. so keep up the good info. i found out that i could take off time in omaha for the nats but would have to be out six weeks, in other words time off in omaha would be considered home time. not sure if wife would like that or not. so might not get to go this year. but will do what i can and race when i can. and practice where ever i can. later , kevin
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Sucks Aero hobbies is gone. I got to race there a couple times. I have family up in the Portland area and took my stuff up on vists a couple of times. I have yet to stop by the canby track yet. Also is there still at track in Salem? I never got to stop by that one either! I did practice at the very small track in Albany a few times.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Company Representative

Casper: Hey I heard you did pretty good in mod truck in the main Saturday

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.