Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

I'd like to see some opinions here:

Bearings or Bushings for stock motors?? And why!

Thanks,

Judi
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Bushings to keep costs down. Stock is not supposed to be mild mod. That is what 19T is for. I would suppose it would not matter a lot as long as everyone is playing by the same rules but stock has always had bushings. I agree with the rebuildable changes as this made it easiser to keep the motors in top shape but the motors have been built to the same rules for a lot of years other then the rebuildable part. If you want to run a bearing spec class use a 19T.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Yeap I think the same thing casper said then there wouldn't even need to be for a 19t turn they would both be about the same if stocks had bearings.

Last edited by R. James; 06-27-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Um, ya I guess I tend to agree with Casper and Ryan on this one. However, bearings would make the stockers run a little more efficiently. I think 19 turn would still be faster even if stockers had bearings in them though. At least in off-road applications (other applications as well), it's all about utilizing the power you have. This has been proven a few times this year in the JBRL races. Some of the guys have been doing quite well with 19 turns in Mod classes and stock motors in 19 turn classes. It's all about putting the power to the ground with the greatest efficiency.....
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

By the way, Ryan needs to get his signature working on this site..... Anybody agree with me on this?????
Old 06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Good topic Judi
Bushings.... and for the same reason I don't want to see brushless ever replace brush motors. It takes the "tuner" out of the picture. I'm not referring to the "pro" versions of motors found at Chain Hobby Store's, I mean the ones you sell, or motor company X sells. That's one of things that "stock" racing includes, bushings. Good points Casper!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Fran, so good to see you here! Can you give me a quick call??

626-963-0422

Also, thank you all and PLEASE keep the comments coming!!

Judi
Old 06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Alright I put a signature on there now.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:51 PM
FBR
Tech Adept

I'm going to go against the grain and say bearings.

cost difference-would be minimal so that's a non issue

most hobby shops stock bearings, in the three different hobby shops i have worked in only 1 stocked motor bushings and over the course of two years nobody ever asked for bushings

speed difference would be minimal but the motor would be more efficient meaning possibly less heat thus increasing the motors life span a little

most racers that do seriously run stock spend a lot of time polishing and reaming bushings to get the most performance out them as well as polishing the motor shaft bearings would eliminate this and help the average racer

little things like making bearings legal in stock motors may be the thing to help keep brushless out of stock racing

switching to bearings is something that will help the average basher/racer and that my friends is the majority of this hobby not us hardcore race types

travis
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I'm gonna say bushings. In the past 15 years that I've been racing, stock motors have always had bushings. Why change now? If they were going to change then why not do it back when the rebuildable motor came around? Just wouldn't seem right to me to put bearings in them.

For the little you'd gain on power with bearings, get a guy with some good batteries pumping out more voltage than your's with a bushing'd and polished motor, he should have more zoot.

Case in point, a buddy of mine up here likes to run stock alot. Mike Truhe came up and raced with us and he loaned Mike a stock motor because he didn't have any with him. Truhe with his better batteries could make the bigger jumps that my bud couldn't with his cells with the same exact motor.

I know I strayed off the subject a bit but that's just me, I'm always off the beaten path.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bushings...I mean with what Banzai does to the motors and with the battery power available nowadays (thanks Slingshot!)...my stockers seem like mild mods. I don't need them to do anything more than what they've been doing!

At this point in the technology, if you're looking for more speed just take a small step up to 19T!

Last edited by nutfluff; 06-27-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Great posts!!

Just thought I'd let you all know, the cost of the bearing stock motors

will put the price right up there with the 19t, at least where the 19t are

for today!!

That's my "educated" guess!

Judi
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Take notice everyone! I'm now a Tech Adept!!!!!

Judi
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yeap they would cost to much for a stock motor plus tire wear would go up so you would be buyinh tires more ofter.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Van Air- Sorry I spaced on the reply to that post man...you can only eat so many ounces of shrooms before you start to forget stuff. I will definitely be at the mod nats helping the Losi guys get there stuff dialed as well as racing 2wd and truck. Also, i don't necessarily need a place to crash at Shootout but I will bring my swim trunks cuz if today was any indication...it will be hotttt!!!!!!!!

Judi- For racings sake I wish they would put bearings into stock motors and get rid of 19t all together. In my opinion the 19t class (which I have fun running) has decimated the talent pool at many a big race and if stockers had bearings, we should be able to do away with it and go back to spt stock, exp stock, and mod at the big races. (It should be noted that I also support running spt stock, exp 19t and mod at big races as well. All I'm really trying to accomplish is a 3 class setup at big races to give deeper meaning to each class). I realize that this isn't the best move for business due to a slight increase in cost but from a diehard racer standpoint I couldn't think of anything better.

P.S. I will be coming over soon to talk about motors for that race. In fact I'll go ahead and email you now to give you the skinny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.