Losi 8ight Pics

Old 08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a question for all you losi faithfuls out there...would you suggest switching to metric screws to someone who is used to running them or would it be a better idea to get used to the standards? If sticking with the stock stuff on the losi buggy is a better idea, how are the losi tools? Worth picking up or can you suggest a better option?? Thanks!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So far my experience with the Losi hex wrenchs is that they are awesome. Only problem I have with them (if you can call it that) is that they allow me to get a better grip when tightening screws, so I've stripped more out lol.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the only tools that are possibly better than the losi wrenches are ones made by hudy. They are definitely some of the best, the MIP throp drivers are really good too, I have 2 that are over 20 years old that are still going strong.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default dose any one know if the dynimite .21 platnium motor is good 4 a buggy ????????

dose any one know if the dynimite .21 platnium motor is good 4 a buggy ????????
Old 08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by premium_rc
i have a losi buggy on bo and i am thinking of buying the bynimite platnium 21 series motor and the matching exaust can anyone give me any input thanks............
friends don't let their friends run dynamite. stick with os or nova based motors.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nolec5
Here's a question for all you losi faithfuls out there...would you suggest switching to metric screws to someone who is used to running them or would it be a better idea to get used to the standards? If sticking with the stock stuff on the losi buggy is a better idea, how are the losi tools? Worth picking up or can you suggest a better option?? Thanks!
MIP allen drivers and Hudy nut drivers...DONE!

My personal experience w/ Hudy allen drivers are not good. The tip's seem to break too easily. I have never broken a tip on the MIP allen drivers.

E
Old 08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Losi wrenches are mad stupid awesome.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

MIPs are good. But if my hands are greasy from handling/wrenching on my buggy, I find the Hudy handles work better. YMMV
Old 08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

these are proto type pics that were on rc411.com a long time ago it has aluiminum shock towers and all those goodies now and is spaced better to
Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Tools

Might not consider Losi tools for 1/8th buggy. They are usually too short for the stuff we do in 1/8th maintenance. Good wrenches though.

Go with the Hudy tools. Just buy the 4 peice standard kit, a phillips if the kit needs it and a tuning driver with 120 mm shafts.

The Thorp tools packaged by MIP are the best. The handles are big and the tips do last forever. All my ball end drivers are these tools because of their durability.

TEX
Old 08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

MIP tips with Hudy handles. That would be cool.

E
Old 08-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

On the subject of hex drivers, be careful with Hudy profi tools (the budget, plastic handled jobbies) - especially with the larger sizes like the 3mm. The boss seems prone to stripping out and the handle is then effectively useless. These tools don't appear to be covered by the usual Hudy lifetime guarantee, either.

Personally I've never had any problems with Hudy tips or the proper alloy knurled handles - these tools are some of the nicest I've ever used. Mine are still perfect after 2 years of very active service. Just make sure your pit table is level, that's all, otherwise they roll off!!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

I have the complete set of Losi drivers and the are the best.
I used to have Hudys' and thair handls are not that good...
The grip on the Losi ones are much better!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:48 AM

Shoot me if you will, but I have never broken or even dulled the tips of my Ofna allen drivers. These are the ones that came with the Hyper 7 Pro. My only beef is that the handles are too smooth. I can't get a grip when my hands are sweaty.

As for the metric conversion: I'm trying to figure out how this will be possible without consequences. Something is going to be too tight or too loose since all of the holes are designed to be used with SAE screws. Right?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the way i look at it, your going to spend relatively the same amount of money if you either buy a metric screw kit, or an imperial wrench set, so why not get the wrenches, and use the stuff that the car was designed to use,

plus what r/c addict doens't like tools? i dont know of any,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.