Losi 8ight Pics

Old 05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nexus
Without reading through this whole thread...

Just wondering if any of the Losi guys could say or know if they'll release a RTR version?
Also, Without reading through this whole thread... I hope they plan a truggy or to some, an unlimited truck.

Been a big Losi fan since the first buggy. Glad to see that their expanding their horizon. Can't wait for a 1/10 and 1/8 nitro on-road.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

as far as I know there is no "truggy" version of the 8ight planned. Losi has been very busy with the new 8th scale buggy, new XXXCR, and other projects.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

busy busy busy
Old 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, So i preordered it... Now i twiddle my thumbs till it comes, checking the door each day, hounding the UPS guy till he presses charges / gets a restraining order on me... again... This is a great forum fellas. Very informative.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read most of this....and honestly I think some of you guys are REALLY taking the changes to this car out of hand. We all should know that no car will take you to the A-main just by buying it. If there is such a car...sign me up. The thing with the changes Losi has made, im sure they are there to make the car easier to drive. In my opinion this is very important.

I bought a Jrx-S over the winter. Picked up almost no time over my TC4. But the difference was I could drive just as fast without feelin on edge. The Losi car was that much easier to drive fast. Same goes with anything. We all know Travis could have TQ'ed and won with any car that day, its just a matter if that one was easier for him to do it.

The changes will be great, I personally cant wait till it comes out. If I wasnt so broke Id pre-order one
Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

the new towers look xx-4ish
Old 05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Also, Without reading through this whole thread... I hope they plan a truggy or to some, an unlimited truck.
Truggy was run at CRCRC, though it was a flat chassis with LST front and rear diffs and suspension added. I think the new platform is more Truggy friendly, but Losi has thrown a few wrenches in the gears long ago.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
as far as I know there is no "truggy" version of the 8ight planned. Losi has been very busy with the new 8th scale buggy, new XXXCR, and other projects.
right after i first heard about the new 8ight, i asked the drake if losi was gonna produce and release a truggy based on the 8ight after the 8ight is released.........he said, "as of now, we are just planning on a buggy, but once all the buggy stuff is done, I'm sure we'll do a truggy."
Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Turbo Joe - Hahaha!!! I use "Joe" a lot to refer to any random person...so I apologize for this one and for any others in advance!

I think the LST-based truggy is supposed to be at RCX, but I haven't heard anything about an 8IGHT-based truck yet. Although I'm sure that could change once the buggy is out and things have settled down around the shop.

I am so excited about this buggy it's ridiculous. I'm gonna order one every day until it finally shows up...sound like a good idea? haha!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
the new towers look xx-4ish

that's because the entire suspension is based off the xx4
Old 05-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

*sigh*

No, it's not. But a few things look familiar.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

(shakes head) i think its amazing that there are as many shapes for suspension parts now...seems that many mfg's have been really creative and stiving to get the suspension to work better and better...eventually you are bound to get some similar shapes...

for losi to drop out something that is soo "off the beaten path"...its funny that it blazed at the race...

maybe the Drake could put most in the circle...the results look like he had an entire lap on second...so...maybe Losi thought outside the box...modified some "old pieces" or took what they learned from past chassis's and said that really worked and lets use it again...

good stuff...cant wait to see the production version...
Old 05-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Some of the stuff might look a little familiar, but it's all new from the ground up; it has to be.

It wouldn't be this different if it didn't work.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
It wouldn't be this different if it didn't work.
The optima mid was pretty different too. (Yes I'm that old)
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LOL even if it were based off the xx-4 that would be pretty good. You look at the xx4 in its time that thing was fast and good on rough tracks. xxx4 was just there because tracks started changing everywhere. losi was first to see it and produced the xxx car. and killed everyone. then ae answered with the b4. I own a jammin and dont have the money to switch. but I will promise that the losi car will be fast and handle good. The number one thing losi is known for is their cars being forgiving-easier to drive. I expect that will stay the same with 1/8th scale as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.