Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TECH Racing Cars and Info......... >

TECH Racing Cars and Info.........

TECH Racing Cars and Info.........

Old 12-17-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default TECH Racing Cars and Info.........

I decided to start a new thread for info on or about TECH Racing cars and accessories. I recently received my TECH MY02 (pink version) and I have to say it was one of the nicest cars to put together. Other than being in japanese the instructions are top notch and there are just enough bells and whistles to make it seem like a "exotic". I cannot wait to test it in the next couple weeks. I will definitely post my results and would welcome any help from others that know this car or if you would like more info about it.

visit www.tech-racing.co.jp for a listing of their cars, parts, and various tuning parts for AE, Losi, HPIs, and Yokomo cars.

TECH cars and parts are only distributed through TOKYO HOBBIES but they are very easy to work with and I couldn't believe how fast they sent the car out. more to come...........
Old 12-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I received my pink MY02 a little over a week ago. However I was a little shocked by the amount of plastic used in the kit. I thought for sure it would include aluminum bulkheads. I'll post some pictures later today or tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

that made me go HMMMM too, but after checking they are actually graphite, so they are lighter. what center "idler" bearing did you get. mine is plastic, and the one on Umino's car looks alum. also my sway bar set is anodized in blue so that will be removed so they don't clash. its all about the bling bling.

are you running yours on carpet?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That car sure looks like the atlas si car. Barber can you post some better pics of the car? Where did you get yours from?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Regional Moderator

the tech car is bought threw tokyo hobbies

Last edited by Ko Racer; 12-17-2002 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

what did you not like about it?
Old 12-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TheBarber
that made me go HMMMM too, but after checking they are actually graphite, so they are lighter. what center "idler" bearing did you get. mine is plastic, and the one on Umino's car looks alum. also my sway bar set is anodized in blue so that will be removed so they don't clash. its all about the bling bling.

are you running yours on carpet?

I got the same plastic idler on mine. I was told te anodized aluminum wasn't even available. I'll have to double check the bulkheads.They sure felt like plastic. I'll be running mine on asphault.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KINGZJ
That car sure looks like the atlas si car. Barber can you post some better pics of the car? Where did you get yours from?

Here's a couple pictures of my blue one.

Old 12-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KINGZJ
Here's a couple more up close shots. I'm waiing on my pink aluminum spur gear adapter to finish building the pink one.

Old 12-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation Speaking of TECH racing

Have any of you heard any news about the new TECH car..!

Right now it's call the FX prototype

Many nice features from what I can tell in the pic's and from my limmitied Japanese Reading skills

it seams to have A-arms like the TC3 and it has the same sterring type as the TC3 also.. 1 belt design with what looks to be 48 pitch spur gears with a pinion for the diffs in the rear with a center 1way and front one way.. as for the batterys they are mounted on the left and are mounted vert close to the center linw if not overlaping it!

when I find out mor info I'll post it..now to see if I can just scan theses pic's for you all hehe
-Dave
Old 12-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Speaking of TECH racing

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Have any of you heard any news about the new TECH car..!

Right now it's call the FX prototype

Many nice features from what I can tell in the pic's and from my limmitied Japanese Reading skills

it seams to have A-arms like the TC3 and it has the same sterring type as the TC3 also.. 1 belt design with what looks to be 48 pitch spur gears with a pinion for the diffs in the rear with a center 1way and front one way.. as for the batterys they are mounted on the left and are mounted vert close to the center linw if not overlaping it!

when I find out mor info I'll post it..now to see if I can just scan theses pic's for you all hehe
-Dave

Hey Dave I was told by a very reliable source that the car will never go into production.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:23 PM
Regional Moderator

I too was told that also
Old 12-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Unhappy To Bad

ey Dave I was told by a very reliable source that the car will never go into production.
Hmmm looks like it would be very nice too bad
-Dave
Old 12-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Regional Moderator

oh yeah........that car looks very nice i wish it was the one out on the market
Old 12-17-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

I got to play with Barbers tonight its a nice ride. I like the blue one better but the pink one sure stands out that is for sure. It seems to be a very quality kit . Can't wait to see how it runs on the track

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.