Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Another thing is this: If some type of qualifer is required to enter the Nats, they will lose a lot of racers that couldn't make it. This is going to cause the race venue to lose a lot of revenue. I don't think that they feel it is worth it to lose that $$$.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

The number of racers that quallify, will depend upon the requirements set in place. A more efficient structure would result, with a more accurate expectation of participation. Less waste in the preperation budget, etc.
A field of say 250 entries, is a pretty good source of revenue. Especially when the host club knows this in advance.
Which is better; A huge turn-out for nat's with 400 entrees (A whole bunch of people that shouldn't be there, long drawn out affair, lot's of revenue for ONE track) or TWELVE well attended regionals (with more money going to support tracks all accross the country) & a more manageable size, higher quality National?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

I think you are confused between nationals and regionals
Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Round 6 Race 12 click on pic for video

Last edited by MechanicJon; 06-30-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Outlaw Final
Zoom in on Team Magic driver's left to right David Berry,Brian Berry, Dennis Richey and Ray Juhl. Ya i'm partial to TM. I'm related to one of them.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Sedan Final

Last edited by MechanicJon; 06-30-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Richey, I find your statement confusing, otherwise I am pretty clear.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MechanicJon]2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Outlaw Final
Ya i'm partial to TM. I'm related to one of them.
QUOTE]
Yup, Dennis
Old 07-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Increasing the number of races just increases the cost of racing. As a person paying for all your travel and parts do you really think they could afford to travel to 8-10 races? Nice in theory and not realistic to the wallet. An actual "pro tour" is what you're talking about and there's not enough spectators or exposure to justify each company spending $250K to run a series.
First of all, like I said before, I do not think they should add races to the year, but only suggest that ROAR sanctions all the existing 'Big' races and incorperate them into a championship. Almost all top drivers are attending these races anyways so I don't think the manufacturers would need to fork out much more money for this format.

And for the guy that can't personally afford to attend all the races, this guy is highly unlikely to win the championship anyways. But if he is lucky enough to win, or qualify for the A-main at any of the events, he would probably get a sponsorship anyways.

In other motorsports they would never declare a champion after only one event. It really is almost meaningless. This year the fastest guy by far was Swauger, and he lost this 'championship' due to a mechanical problem. If this was an 8 race series, Mike could redeem himself possibly at future events and work toward winning the championship

In the end, each event would still hold its current status as great events, the only difference would be that the event would count toward a bigger picture in the way of the 1/10 championship. So the small time guy could still enter and have the same fun as he would currently, and the winner could go on to race the rest of the series to become ultimate ROAR 1/10 champion.

I do appologise, as my experience in professional motorcycle racing is definitely showing here, but believe me, the accomplishment of winning a series is much more gratifying than winning a single event!

BK
Old 07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxwrench
First of all, like I said before, I do not think they should add races to the year, but only suggest that ROAR sanctions all the existing 'Big' races and incorperate them into a championship. Almost all top drivers are attending these races anyways so I don't think the manufacturers would need to fork out much more money for this format.

And for the guy that can't personally afford to attend all the races, this guy is highly unlikely to win the championship anyways. But if he is lucky enough to win, or qualify for the A-main at any of the events, he would probably get a sponsorship anyways.

In other motorsports they would never declare a champion after only one event. It really is almost meaningless. This year the fastest guy by far was Swauger, and he lost this 'championship' due to a mechanical problem. If this was an 8 race series, Mike could redeem himself possibly at future events and work toward winning the championship

In the end, each event would still hold its current status as great events, the only difference would be that the event would count toward a bigger picture in the way of the 1/10 championship. So the small time guy could still enter and have the same fun as he would currently, and the winner could go on to race the rest of the series to become ultimate ROAR 1/10 champion.

I do appologise, as my experience in professional motorcycle racing is definitely showing here, but believe me, the accomplishment of winning a series is much more gratifying than winning a single event!

BK
very good point. I like the idea
Old 07-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

I know nothing of pro motorcycle racing, but one of the key words there is 'Pro'. We have very few professional rc racers, and plenty of fast drivers that have full time jobs & famillies. I would like to see it stay as a one event championship, but earn the right to be there by performance in the regional.
I think the number of racers that would attend all these races, spread out accross the country, would be just a hand full. Too much, just to be crowned 'national toy car racing champ'.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
I know nothing of pro motorcycle racing, but one of the key words there is 'Pro'. We have very few professional rc racers, and plenty of fast drivers that have full time jobs & famillies. I would like to see it stay as a one event championship, but earn the right to be there by performance in the regional.
I think the number of racers that would attend all these races, spread out accross the country, would be just a hand full. Too much, just to be crowned 'national toy car racing champ'.
I hear what you are saying, but my thoughts are, The races would still go off just as before, the winternats would still be the winternats, etc. However, the regular Joe would still have every chance he had before to win the event, the only difference would be those competing for the championship would string all these big events together for one big championship. As most of these guys all attend these races anyways, there wouldn't be much cost increase.

We could even still have separate champions, as in Winternats champion, Great Lakes Challenge champion, but there would still be a bigger scale of things when you added all the series points up to determine the ROAR national champion.

And if you still see them as toy cars then we know where your head is at! Does the fact that you don't sit inside the car make it less important? Is the money you spend racing 'toy money'?

At the ROAR Level 4 events (Profesional) I dare to say these are nolonger 'toy cars'

But still, this form of racing is still the most affordable form of racing that I have ever come in contact with! And when you choose to race in the upper echelon of any given disipline of racing, you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks. If you don't want to spend the money, stay home and race your local club races!

BK
Old 07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxwrench
I hear what you are saying, but my thoughts are, The races would still go off just as before, the winternats would still be the winternats, etc. However, the regular Joe would still have every chance he had before to win the event, the only difference would be those competing for the championship would string all these big events together for one big championship. As most of these guys all attend these races anyways, there wouldn't be much cost increase.

We could even still have separate champions, as in Winternats champion, Great Lakes Challenge champion, but there would still be a bigger scale of things when you added all the series points up to determine the ROAR national champion.

And if you still see them as toy cars then we know where your head is at! Does the fact that you don't sit inside the car make it less important? Is the money you spend racing 'toy money'?

At the ROAR Level 4 events (Profesional) I dare to say these are nolonger 'toy cars'

But still, this form of racing is still the most affordable form of racing that I have ever come in contact with! And when you choose to race in the upper echelon of any given disipline of racing, you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks. If you don't want to spend the money, stay home and race your local club races!

BK
I hope the ROAR PEOPLE are listening to you bud. You have a very good point. There are always races for men and boys. Nationals should be treated as a professional event, for peace-of-sake, it is the "NATIONALS". The only thing bigger is the "WORLDS". And for the so called fun-time-racing, there are the 'other' racing events that are just too many to mention. Unless someone leads these such an enormous hobby or ours to a higher level, we would never become the likes of the europeans (cant remember which countries ). We should encourage ROAR to promote this hobby to a higher level if we want a national exposure. That I think is the only way we could grow. Be heard...be seen...be known...

just an opinion...

Last edited by rcracerdude; 07-04-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

thinking back to mxwrench ideas, how do you create a big scene at the final event? There's probably a lot of ideas, but there's only one I could think of. Having a "Manufacturer's Nationals Finals" and an "Open Nationals". Manufacturer's Finals - being the race from the series. Open Nationals is a one-time event only, maybe for anyone except for people with full ride.

the only drawback to this is, not everyone want to race against the regular joe. There are so many talents out there but doesn't have the financial stability to race each series, so how do we solve these?

I have this debate with my bro and what we still end up with is the system that we have now. The only way anyone can get up that podium against everyone else in the nation is to have a one-time-event nationals. The series would definitely kill that dream for some people. ROAR probably have gone through this many times. So much experience on that organization that we sometimes ignore.

so much to think about... I got to eat
Old 07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Ha ha, I see the 'toy car' reference struck a chord! A lot of the racers around here refer to it in that way. It's a self-depricating humour thing...
I still contend that, a lot of very fast drivers (with a shot at the title) would not be able to attend a nationwide series. I am all about improving our racing scene. I see this suggestion as a step back, not forward.
Many top racers look at the schedule(the existing races you mentioned) and plan to attend as many of these events as they can. Very few can hit them all. How about all the up and comming drivers? The guys that want to show there stuff at the Nat's? Sorry, no more nationals, it is now reduced to a points compilation of several races around the country. Bad idea.
Have your points series, but call it something like--world factory driver season champ!
IFMAR world championship is single event. Wouldn't make sense to make that a series for the same reason; geography! You can't expect a whole field of fast racers to travel the globe to numerous races in order to be crowned champion. As it is, each affiliate (in our case ROAR) sends there qualified racers to the event (OK they send themselves, but you know what I mean). Qualify for the worlds by performance in Nationals... Let's extend tha down the chain. Qualify for Nat's by performance in the Regionals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.