Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcchamp720
no problem i was actually planning on going out there hopefully regaurdless on sunday ull c me im goin to b running my orang body and my freind i drive with runs a white body on his x ray
no doubt. You came by my pit sunday. My brother gave you the gas tank. We will definately get that care working.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ooo ok y'all are brothers that's wats up yea I kno tell him thanks again but yea other than the lose the car was running ok that was the first time I put it on the track but I'll work out the kinks how is his 353. Running I bet great right LOL
Old 04-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Has anyone ever had the pins in the dog bones slide out? I found this on the rear of my car and it was binding like hell. Is there a fix or just but some new ones? They hardly show any wear on them and the drive cups are not notched.

Thanks

i had this happen more than once before....get new ones and email serpent. i did and got free replacements . or you can locktite ( red ) them back in place
Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Read back a while about DJ cutting the x-brace and trimming the brace on the left side of the car.Is that mod good for all situations or is it for certain track conditions?Does it matter if its the aluminum ot plastic one?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by intimidator
Read back a while about DJ cutting the x-brace and trimming the brace on the left side of the car.Is that mod good for all situations or is it for certain track conditions?Does it matter if its the aluminum ot plastic one?
Its definitely dependant on the track grip and layout too. Nothing wrong with the plastic one normally but the al one stiffens the chassis which removes one variable when you're fine-tuning the car.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by s10dude
i had this happen more than once before....get new ones and email serpent. i did and got free replacements . or you can locktite ( red ) them back in place
I agree, they should not be sliding out on their own accord so easily. It IS possible to remove them with a bit of hammering to replace the pins but for normal racing/driving they definitely should not be sliding out.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

DJ,you mention not using front sway bar on high grip tracks,you still run the rear without the front on high grip tracks.I posted a question a few back about the x-brace mod you mentioned way back,whats your answer about cutting it,and when you use that mod?I mostly run on perm tracks no temp tracks,typically high grip.Your in Florida right???My local track is SS hobbies.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default Serpent Powerstart - Starter Box (#140000)

Anybody ever used this starter box and also can it be used on a 720 09 edition? Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by intimidator
DJ,you mention not using front sway bar on high grip tracks,you still run the rear without the front on high grip tracks.I posted a question a few back about the x-brace mod you mentioned way back,whats your answer about cutting it,and when you use that mod?I mostly run on perm tracks no temp tracks,typically high grip.Your in Florida right???My local track is SS hobbies.

I use the X brace cut all the time. At leat till now. I gives the most amount of flex. The plastic one is good also and easier to drive. It gives less flex and also has less rotation. I know this make not make sence, but my findings are based on trial and error. As for the front sway bar, I do not use it on high bite and on low bite I usually use it. The rear sway bar is always connected.

The only issue with the X brace cut is you have to be on top of it bending. Make sure it always lines up with the top tray holes, as not to tweak the car.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I use the X brace cut all the time. At leat till now. I gives the most amount of flex. The plastic one is good also and easier to drive. It gives less flex and also has less rotation. I know this make not make sence, but my findings are based on trial and error. As for the front sway bar, I do not use it on high bite and on low bite I usually use it. The rear sway bar is always connected.

The only issue with the X brace cut is you have to be on top of it bending. Make sure it always lines up with the top tray holes, as not to tweak the car.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Why do you not use the front sway bar on high bite? isn't the front sway bar better on high bite as it will take away some steering.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by endy0430
Anybody ever used this starter box and also can it be used on a 720 09 edition? Thanks
Tried it before don't like it the car sits to far off to the right of the box.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by endy0430
i use the box, its a great box, and a small modification i use the same one for both the 720 and the 960 .
Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Im gonna run it this weekend without front sway bar,ive been using the gear diff filled with 500,000.Its almost like a solid,tried softer fronts to get more steering,will try no bar in front see if I get steering that way.Other guys here at track reccommend no front sway too.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kyosho player
Why do you not use the front sway bar on high bite? isn't the front sway bar better on high bite as it will take away some steering.

First let me say sorry about my post. I just read it and man that was rough. I was on the phone at the same time I was writting. Guess I can not chew gum and walk at the same time.

As for the front sway bar. I think it is a style thing. For me with the high bite it makes the rear end very stable. Taking the front sway bar off allows me to still be aggressive without rolling the car over. The mith of stiffening the car in high bite is just that, a mith. IMHO

Like any adjustment, it is realative to the track and to the drivers feel. The best way to learn about this is to try it and see how it works for you and your style of driving.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

So when I get my 720 I should get the plastic x brace and do your mod?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.