Originally Posted by rccobra705
Check out Serpent Austria in Wienna, which also is a walk in hobbyshop

Address:
SCHÖNBRUNNER STR. 159..
A- 1120 Wien..
tel. ++ 43- 1- 812 13 96..
fax: ++ 43- 1- 817 72 87.
www.serpent.at

Remenber that the euro is high vs the $ and Europe is very expensive. I really think it is cheaper to get on in the US.
Thanks man.. That is exacty what I was looking for... I know that Europe is expensive, but I checked the prices and they are much cheaper than here in my contry.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rear lower A-arm problems

I was curious if anyone has run into the same problem I am having with the rear lower A-arms and pillow balls? It seems as though if I just brush up against a board (not smack hard) it pushes the rear pillow ball into the A-arm causing a toe-out effect. I even super glued it and that didn't work. I am thinking about threading in a set screw in before I screw in the pillow ball to act sort of like a stopper. But out of all the vehicles I have owned and raced, I have never ran into this problem. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Re: rear arms of 720

I did have the same problem, I e-mailed serpent and they send me a new one with the more material added into the tread. send them an e-mail.
They have great customer support.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I was curious if anyone has run into the same problem I am having with the rear lower A-arms and pillow balls? It seems as though if I just brush up against a board (not smack hard) it pushes the rear pillow ball into the A-arm causing a toe-out effect. I even super glued it and that didn't work. I am thinking about threading in a set screw in before I screw in the pillow ball to act sort of like a stopper. But out of all the vehicles I have owned and raced, I have never ran into this problem. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks
I too had the same problem and I emailed Serpent with my concern and they definitely stepped up to the plate and sent me a replacement. GREAT customer service. While waiting for the replacements, I used the pivot-ball from my old MTX-2 and it worked perfect.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!! I will get ahold of Serpent USA tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulation to Walter Diaz for Making the Main at the Vegas Race. Good job Walter.

Leo, Nigel, Michael, And Randy: better luck next time
Old 10-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Serpentd

Hey

Yeah, I had the same problem and I believe that the problem was with the rear lower arms... manufacturing problem.... anyway, I changed the arms and have no problem... to be safe.. I also used the Mugen upgrade pivot balls...

Acid
Old 10-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Congratulation to Walter Diaz for Making the Main at the Vegas Race. Good job Walter.

thank you Paulo...."Good Luck to you as well in Kissimee!!!", see you soon!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

thank you so much mr. morganti! car was dialed, brain fart caused me to tag a barrier and break the axle. 3 wheel drive for 30 minutes!

theres always next year.

Good luck in Kissimee, say hi to Raf and everyone for me!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy gear diff

Hi, i on my way to change my 710 to a new 720 soon and the most of the new car i sure about but what i need some help with are the front and rear gear diff, if i get three of each front and rear to change wich silicon oil should i use in them?
Serpent get 10-11 types of oil and i canīt have a gear diff for them all, or should i?

Gidde
Old 10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GIDDE
Hi, i on my way to change my 710 to a new 720 soon and the most of the new car i sure about but what i need some help with are the front and rear gear diff, if i get three of each front and rear to change wich silicon oil should i use in them?
Serpent get 10-11 types of oil and i canīt have a gear diff for them all, or should i?

Gidde
I don't know about the front (I run a one-way), but in the rear you should fill the diffs with 10,000, 20,000, and 30,000. This is what most 720's are running.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by GIDDE

Gidde
Gidde,

don't worry too much on getting all the oils from the get go....

the kit comes with all the fluids that you need to bulid the car. Start with the baseline set-up that the kit provides and test THIS on your track to get a feel (rear diff @ 30K), I feel your changes should not veer off too far from the stock set-up...

you'll love the car! Drive Hard....
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you Paolo for your support !!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy gear ratio

Someone know itīs some gear ratio table even of the 720, looked at myTSN but canīt find any there, there was a good one to download there for the 710 but itīs not for 720
Old 10-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got this from a earlier post in this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S710_720_OD_GearRatio_0.pdf (66.5 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by neltime64; 10-27-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.