Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

No problem as I love the graphite towers. Work great and look killer. I would be interested in the taller tower when available. Most tracks I run on are relatively rough most of the time.

Yeah I was having problems with Tech and being slow so I guess when I tried to post and refresh it put in my post twice.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default TC5 LIPO Battery Mounting Brace

Here is the latest product for all of us who are going LIPO. This is the Diggity Designs Associated TC5 LIPO Battery Mounting Brace. No modifications are needed. Direct fit for ORION 3200 and 4800 packs, PEAK RACING 3200 and 4800 packs, and the CHECKPOINT 5400 pack... With this brace your pack will NOT come out!! Check it out at our website www.diggitydesigns.com. We also offer some aluminum caster blocks for the TC5!

Damon
Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

You might have to build one of those for the SBV2 real quick...... Most of us on the other coast will be switching to LiPo here very shortly.......

But I can already see that if you do build one, the chassis brace will have to go.... However, you can just incorporate one in the LiPo pod...... Or whatever you want to call it......

I guess I need to thank you in a indirect way, my daughter grew up on your "family's" product......... Guess that's why she is so smart....
Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Awesome idea Damon. also check your email please.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good morning Damon,

Did you purchase your plane ticket for the 18th nats yet? Just curious bud...

Keep Smilin'
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave G
Good morning Damon,

Did you purchase your plane ticket for the 18th nats yet? Just curious bud...

Keep Smilin'
Too funny.. this is the question huh?

Well, Im working on it... Have to talk with my homie that wanted to go with me and make sure he wants to go, if not then I have to run it by the wifey! I should know soon...

BTW, Dave Graboski is a Pimp!!

Damon

Last edited by Diggity; 02-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
You might have to build one of those for the SBV2 real quick...... Most of us on the other coast will be switching to LiPo here very shortly.......

But I can already see that if you do build one, the chassis brace will have to go.... However, you can just incorporate one in the LiPo pod...... Or whatever you want to call it......

I guess I need to thank you in a indirect way, my daughter grew up on your "family's" product......... Guess that's why she is so smart....
Jayson, Can you have your boy at Upgrade email me back, I had emailed him the other week, but havent heard anything!!

I will be working on a LIPO brace for the SBV2 today or tomorrow and will be posting them soon, I will let you know when they are done!

later, Damon
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
Associated TC5 Aluminum 6 degree caster block sets are now in stock!! Low pricing and they look sweet. No more breaking those plastic ones and they rid the block from flexing for better performance!

Damon
Did you know that it is necassary to modify the arm to run these? I am running rubber tires on carpet and maybe it is because I am running high roll center on my front arms, but, when I installed the caster blocks I lost all down travel of my arms. I had to file out the inside of the arm where the back of the caster block was hitting. This was dissapointing to have to do this. The last thing I like to do is to have to make modifications with what I would expect to be a direct replacement part. Now if I break aan arm, I have to be sure to modify the new one. Just some thoughts. Or constructive critisizm. They do look good and seem to be stout.

RedRocket
Old 02-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jayson, Can you have your boy at Upgrade email me back, I had emailed him the other week, but havent heard anything!!

I will be working on a LIPO brace for the SBV2 today or tomorrow and will be posting them soon, I will let you know when they are done!

later, Damon
Damon, put me down for one of the Lipo "holders" for the SBV2 as well!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Did you know that it is necassary to modify the arm to run these? I am running rubber tires on carpet and maybe it is because I am running high roll center on my front arms, but, when I installed the caster blocks I lost all down travel of my arms. I had to file out the inside of the arm where the back of the caster block was hitting. This was dissapointing to have to do this. The last thing I like to do is to have to make modifications with what I would expect to be a direct replacement part. Now if I break aan arm, I have to be sure to modify the new one. Just some thoughts. Or constructive critisizm. They do look good and seem to be stout.

RedRocket
Yes - you do have to file a little bit from the inside of the arm to get droop. The extra material that we have added to the caster blocks make it so they are slightly beefier than the stock plastic ones. Some of the Team Associated guys who tested them for us said they had to file the inside, but they never broke an arm!.. You should be golden! Thanks for pointing this out for others...

Damon
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Damon, put me down for one of the Lipo "holders" for the SBV2 as well!
Yo Steve: Got you down... I will be working on them and they should be done by this weekend!

Damon
Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes - you do have to file a little bit from the inside of the arm to get droop. The extra material that we have added to the caster blocks make it so they are slightly beefier than the stock plastic ones. Some of the Team Associated guys who tested them for us said they had to file the inside, but they never broke an arm!.. You should be golden! Thanks for pointing this out for others...

Damon

Thanks for the info on your testing Damon. And for anybody who still has to do this, I actually used my Soldering Iron and a my knife to do this quickly. Smells a little but made it easy to do and quick.

RedRocket
Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

later, Damon

Hey Damon, yea he can be pretty bad at replying back on emails.... He is busier then hell these days. You can try him at (661)259-8772...... If you still can't get a hold of him, well his lost......

One other thing, would I be able to purchase a piece of Carbon Fiber from you, say about 3 inches wide by 10 inches long? Let me know.....

Thanks brotha........
Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Drill one hole maybe 2 (depending on placement), and you have your XLR8 Lipo setup. Ordered one will play around with it.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

What do I need to do to get my 4300's to fit in my 3D08? They won't slide under the shock/battery holder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.