LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Old 03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Legend

Default I race , whats reverse for ?

Reverse ?

Whats that for ?

O !
I know, its for helping old gezzer`s like Bob get off da pipes....
Old 04-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What kind of runtime do you guys get with a brushless system?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Legend

1 Star Neo
Rc10B-4

18 minutes
Old 11-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere Comp

Any one know when the 2007 version of this ESC is due out?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

We already sent first batches to distributers around 2 weeks ago, shouldn't be too long until these are available in all good hobbyshops around the world.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Reto,

Can you use other brands motors like GM 3.5t or novak 4.5t motors without problems? I have the new one, and you allready updated my old sphere comp. to the new one (team orion speedweekend). Also the older, updated one, is that now a TC spec? or the new sphere comp. version.

Thanks,

With kind regards,
Hugo van den Berg
Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by burito
We already sent first batches to distributers around 2 weeks ago, shouldn't be too long until these are available in all good hobbyshops around the world.
What is the hold up on the QC3? Any projections when it will be available or will it never be released hoping that we will all be running nothing but brushless soon.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick response, burito!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

burito/bob novak: this might be a very dumb question but i was just wondering, if manufacturers were to start producing a dedicated Brushless ESC, would this drastically decrease the current size of BL/Brushed ESCs being offered in the market? I know the current ESCs are also meant to help the RC world transition from brushed to brushless since it offers the flexibility to switch from one to the other, but as it seems BL is likely the way motor/esc technology is going, it would be nice to see the esc start to shrink and was thinking making a dedicated BL ESC would help in that department....appologies, i have no knowledge whatsoever with electronics so this is a very innocent question. ... these bulky ones are quite challenging to configure with today's current chassis layouts having such limited space. im still anticipating a big challenge getting a clean layout with my BL system when i eventually purchase a losi jrxs type R.

.... on a side note, i went thru the tekin site and the R1 Pro BL system they are developing seems to have a good/compact sized footprint.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
burito/bob novak: was just wondering, if manufacturers were to start producing a dedicated Brushless esc, would this drastically decrease the current size of BL/Brushed esc currently being offered in the market? I know the current escs are also meant to help the rc world transition from brushed to BL since it offers the ability to switch from one to the other but as it seems BL is likely the way motor/esc technology is going, it would be nice to see the esc start to shrink. these bulky ones are quite challenging to configure and today's current chassis layouts with limited space. im still anticipating a big challenge getting a clean layout with my BL system when i eventually purchase a losi jrxs type R.

.... on a side note, i went thru the tekin site and the R1 Pro BL system they are developing seems to have a good/compact sized footprint.
On another thread guys are wanting BL and BR speedos that dont thermal under load. They might get bigger still.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Adrian: yikes! havent had much probelms with thermal overloading yet though. hopefully i never will ....
Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Adrian: yikes! havent had much probelms with thermal overloading yet though. hopefully i never will ....
Unfortunatly Florida summer racing on asphalt involves 100 deg F air temps and 150 deg F+ track surfaces. Its a very hostile environment for electronics.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burito
I`d like to know is that the newest model nr: 80750??

Thanks
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
I`d like to know is that the newest model nr: 80750??
No, it's not! 80750 (= Sph.Comp TC-Spec) is going to be ready by January as it looks right now.
The speedos we shipped to distributers are the heavily updated Sphere Competition "2007 Edition" and their part-number remained 80700. You can recognise those by the white sticker on the packaging box. Attached is the supplementary manual for the "2007 Edition", which also explains the changes over the previous version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RVZ0038 061026.pdf (124.9 KB, 624 views)
Old 11-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crashby
What is the hold up on the QC3? Any projections when it will be available or will it never be released hoping that we will all be running nothing but brushless soon.
Actually wrong thread...
We've to apologise for the very long delay, but this was something which was out of our control and obviously we're also very unhappy that we could not sell a new brushed competition speedo for such a long time!
The QC3 will be coming and timeframe for production is going to be ~February 2007.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.